Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry but I don't know how to answer your question. I guess you can look it up on the internet. I believe you'll find Car Sales profession is one of the most distrusted professions in existence. I know of female family members that have been taken advantage. I personally don't know of a single person who trusts a car sales person. Just MY OPINION.
I bet you're a real fun guy to hang out with.
Sponsored

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
Just to be clear, a "living wage" is slightly more than the current median U.S. household income ($68,400 as of this year)? So more than half of households in this country (to be fair, the median household size is ~3.15 persons) are subsisting on less than a "living wage"; there's some logic.

The term "living wage", just like "poverty" (FWIW, my household income is ~5x the U.S. median yet expenses for our family of 4 are right at the 2021 "poverty" standard - and we have a darn good life) is totally meaningless without individual context. It's the BMI (I'm an exercise physiologist and obesity researcher) of economic metrics. Defining the term doesn't make it any more useful in the real world and I've never personally heard anybody on one side of this discussion use the term (but that's just my n=1).
The concept of a living wage refers to a macro economic value that was never intended to be a complete answer or a written in stone answer to what is a living wage.

Common sense dictates that the term has built in flexibility that is directly related to a multitude of variables. Some of most obvious variables have to do with country, province/state and even city locations where this term is being applied. These factors and many other factors related to race, education and the list goes on an on are used to come up with the micro response. This is Economics 101.

Simply put the use of the term is valid if used in Macro economy argument or micro economy argument . Period.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Totally agreed. Only person I can see benefit you is a real estate agent if you selling a home. As they will make more money if they sell it at a higher price for you. With current housing market that stuff is no brainer.
Careful as a 36yr RE broker. We have our share of bad apples

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Also, if TSMC raises their prices too high it will attract other entrants into the market to produce chips. Same article also notes that TSMC may also put a plant in the U.S.
That crap doesn't exist in industries where the upfront cost is in the billions and takes years to see to fruition. By which time the market leaders can use their market dominance to price the upstart out of the market.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I can google the auto industry is still on 40 nm chips. A far distance from today's cell phone and pc size of 7nm . Should be easy to catch up when manufacturing comes back online.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The concept of a living wage refers to a macro economic value that was never intended to be a complete answer or a written in stone answer to what is a living wage.

Common sense dictates that the term has built in flexibility that is directly related to a multitude of variables. Some of most obvious variables have to do with country, province/state and even city locations where this term is being applied. These factors and many other factors related to race, education and the list goes on an on are used to come up with the micro response. This is Economics 101.

Simply put the use of the term is valid if used in Macro economy argument or micro economy argument . Period.
We're not disagreeing. The issue with the term is that it is requires context and it is rarely (if ever) used in the correct manner.
Sponsored