Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The engine on my Tacoma had to be entirely REMOVED to replace the wiring harness that was chewed through by critters. Covered by insurance less the deductible

I installed this and so far 3yrs later have not had any repeat. (Zoom in on the black box bolted on the sheet metal)

Ford Maverick FORD MAVERICK DELAYS AND CHIP SHORTAGE 39F03D36-CD38-4990-BC74-6FB33976B6A4
Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim the Fordguy is going to discuss this issue and how to resolve on his podcast on Tuesday night. Apparently Ford realized they have a problem.
Yes it actually is a more complex way of claiming it than we've ever had to do it. I plan to show how it needs to be claimed Tuesday night.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me allocations don’t even matter on the maverick

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The engine on my Tacoma had to be entirely REMOVED to replace the wiring harness that was chewed through by critters. Covered by insurance less the deductible

I installed this and so far 3yrs later have not had any repeat. (Zoom in on the black box bolted on the sheet metal)

39F03D36-CD38-4990-BC74-6FB33976B6A4.jpeg
Not that I have the dreaded Rat problem but looks like you found the answer with the mouse blockerđź‘Ť

Sponsored

ImaginaryNumbers

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, since I didn't read every individual post in the last 37 pages.... but I've worked in automotive logistics both before and during the pandemic. (5yrs total experience)
I just wanted to address the concern about the chips for cars waiting vs assembly lines. (If someone else has, my apologies)

This is speculation, but my educated guess would be that they get regularly scheduled deliveries, and the chip manufacturer is pumping out as many as they can asap. (They clearly have an idea way in advance of what's coming because of how far out they're able to allocate production slots.)

so Ford looks at what's expected to come in, and plans how many chips they need for the production line from delivery A to Delivery B, and includes some extra in the count in the case of faulty units, or faster than expected production.

Determining which cars get built on the line is some internal formulas/spreadsheet functions that they definitely aren't going to share with us.

Anything left over after line chips are allocated, is given to the 1st cars waiting for that chip in the yard. That way they can run production as well as get shipments out of the holding lot. It's really the only efficient way to do it that I can think of.

Again, if this issue was resolved, or someone already explained, who is actually in the know, disregard this.

I just saw a good bit of confusion around this point and wanted to provide my two cents in case it might ease someone's mind.

Jamaral2022

First Name
Jose do Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A VW GOLF.
So I never got a confirmation email after placing my order at the dealership...however I have called Ford directly and had my order confirmed as having been placed by them. Was told last week I should get a VIN assigned within 3 weeks. But again, never got an email.

Ford communication around this whole process is horrendous. Doing this whole process online would be so so so much better.

Jamaral2022

First Name
Jose do Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A VW GOLF.
Meanwhile, a few growth-focused automakers are reverting the chips shortage dilemma.
With time-tested Automotive Engineering Services.

Project management capabilities.
State-of-the are full range of customized control systems.
And secure supply chain by reliable partners.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So everyone knows, this 2 people ordered XL Hybrid with no SIBL so those are getting scheduled quickly. The customers that are waiting with us have XLT or Lariat with the Luxury Package. That makes a huge difference in getting scheduled.
So everyone knows, this looks like another example of Tim using his sales skills to keep his buyers calm while others jump ahead of them in line. I ordered a Mav hybrid lux 360 on June 17 and took delivery Jan 21 from my dealer 3 miles away at msrp + only a $85 doc fee. Commenter Kim Texas took delivery of her Lariat Lux early Jan. There are many more examples of people who are already driving their truck with all the features they wanted.

I feel sorry for you LM buyers still waiting since June and July. Did Tim warn you about their ratio of orders to allocations? You are now faced with compromising your build to save the chips required, but I highly recommend do not drop the safety features.

Blind spot can avoid an accident for those of you who do not always look over your shoulder when changing lanes. Cross traffic alert beeps a warning if you can't see a car coming behind you. Lane keep is like another set of hands on the steering wheel when it pushes you back to the center of the lane.

360 may save you from a fender bender while backing up. Or it may save your life by avoiding a head on collision on a 2-lane highway.
Sponsored