First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are we sure this isn't region specific? Europe has mostly shut down their AM transmitters but a lot of that industry is protected in the US because it does give "disadvantaged" populations a voice. I find it hard to believe Ford would just drop it.

And what industry trends? My friend owns a top of the line 2022 Ram 1500 that looks like a damn airplane cockpit sitting in it and it has AM radio. I know that because that is how we listened to a football game one campout.
Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My old Saab 9-3 hatchback had a weather band radio. I found it strangely soothing.

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first thought was What! No! But then again, I can stream my AM if I want to or FM for that matter. But, I would rather have it free in my truck.
Does your phone have a +100mi range like AM (100mi daytime & we'll over at night)?
How much are they really saving by eliminating AM?
✌

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ford, does not just take away items that some people want; Sometimes they add items some people do not want. AWD is now an "option" that is "included" if you buy a Lariat EB. This "included option" costs $2200. If you wanted a Lariat EB without AWD, too bad! :rolleyes: o_O:unsure:

Sponsored

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ford, does not just take away items that some people want; Sometimes they add items some people do not want. AWD is now an "option" that is "included" if you buy a Lariat EB. This "included option" costs $2200. If you wanted a Lariat EB without AWD, too bad! :rolleyes: o_O:unsure:
Ford giveth, and Ford taketh away.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I got Sirius Satellite Radio in 2005.
Show me how to get satellite radio for free - just like terrestrial radio - and I'll consider it an adequate substitute.

Failing that, maybe a transferable one time lifetime subscription amount.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My old Saab 9-3 hatchback had a weather band radio. I found it strangely soothing.
I wonder why more vehicles don't have weather bands as selectable sources on their built-in radios? Seems like a good idea to me.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only use I've found for AM radio is to determine if your age generation is a societal persona non grata. When you are, the music of your youth only resides at the tail end on the AM bandwidth. First you go from the "modern" FM stations to classic or oldies then lower AM band and finally the tail end of AM band or shortwave to disappear for good.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ever since Rush passed away I rarely now listen to AM radio, but eliminating features one after the other seems like the wrong direction to go in. Just my humble unasked for opinion. :ROFLMAO:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For all of the preppers on here who need AM radio for chasing zombies, I think that something like this will probably be better than Ford's AM radio:

Amazon.com: Emergency Hand Crank Radio with LED Flashlight for Emergency, AM/FM NOAA Portable Weather Radio with 2000mAh Power Bank Phone Charger, USB Charged & Solar Power for Camping, Emergency : Electronics
Thanks for the link. I just ordered one of these for $19.90 + tax with free shipping.

I like that it has a telescoping antenna for better reception just like vehicles of old had.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does your phone have a +100mi range like AM (100mi daytime & we'll over at night)?
How much are they really saving by eliminating AM?
✌
Well, I'm not a techie, but I think your phone pings to a tower as you travel, so if it has a tower to ping, than the range is unlimited.
Sponsored