First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am just tired of how fast things turn with technology. ("Me cave man!")
As I said: I have cases of CDs, tapes and a couple of eight track tapes kicking around doing "nothing" what a waste $$$$. Then someone wants me to pay for streaming?
I would love to have a radio delete option, also delete the touch screen and let me buy my own music device. (Ford you could speed up assembly time) Maybe I could use my old stack of 45's to put under drinks?
Yeah ..I miss the old days of being able to rip out the factory head unit and upgrade it along with 6x9s that sounded amazing at high volumesšŸ˜! Instead we get these over priced, over sized, proprietary head units and dinky speakers that can't generally be upgraded for a reasonable price.

I digitized all my cds years ago, and bought quite a few singles in mp3 over the years and loaded them on a $30 SanDisk clip-jam (40 gbs) and play them through the USB port in my mav.

Also plays audio books and podcasts
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 1370

Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't. I listen to AM Talk/News everyday to and from work.
I do understand that, my point is the dwindling percentage of people who do doesnā€™t justify them to keep it as an option. Just become some use it doesnā€™t mean they can or will keep it as an option for all coming time. Same for any older options, like smoker windows or the floor high beams button. Some used them but eventually not enough to keep making it

Deleted member 1370

"drivers can stream most AM content"
If this is the argument to rewove AM radio, why not remove FM and Satellite radio as well?
They can both be streamed.
Removing fm is ok by me tbh, I can see a use for Sirius Xm satellite radio as of current for now however. Not sure about in the future. But thatā€™s a fair point on dropping fm to be fair and balanced.

Tommy2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Sorrento, T700, KTM 530
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I'm not a techie, but I think your phone pings to a tower as you travel, so if it has a tower to ping, than the range is unlimited.
Wow, get out west much? I just drove 3.5 hours yesterday from Showlow az to Tucson az and my phone didnā€™t ping of of anything, the only thing I was left with was am radio. Same in New Mexico, west Texas, Nevada, all over the west. New tech is great until it isnā€™t.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, get out west much? I just drove 3.5 hours yesterday from Showlow az to Tucson az and my phone didnā€™t ping of of anything, the only thing I was left with was am radio. Same in New Mexico, west Texas, Nevada, all over the west. New tech is great until it isnā€™t.
I live in an area where the cell service is terrible. Your post reminded me that I can't think of a better or more enjoyable drive than out in West Texas and New Mexico. Great scenery and sometimes no telephone poles, electric lines, or cell towers to mess it up. Beautiful. :sneaky:

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope haven't been out west in a very long time.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in an area where the cell service is terrible. Your post reminded me that I can't think of a better or more enjoyable drive than out in West Texas and New Mexico. Great scenery and sometimes no telephone poles, electric lines, or cell towers to mess it up. Beautiful. :sneaky:
I should also add then when I do get out west, be sure my Flash Drive is loaded for all those dead spots. Last time I was out west, in Arizona, was 2010. The rental I had didn't even have a screen. I had to print out a map for directions. Yeah, long time ago that was.
Sorry, I meant to post this to Tommy2

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing better than 850 AM KOA out of Denver. When I was stationed at Ft. Hood I could get that signal until the sun came up!

I still listen to AM. Hell, to an earlier comment, I WANT Angry talk radio and sports, that's 90% of what I listen to!

We have pretty good AM stations out here in the PNW too.

I liked that my 2012 F150 had a CD player that also copied my songs into the hard drive for me. That was pretty sweet, instead I find myself re-purchasing songs digitally, then never listening to them, lol.

I had an 84' Dodge Colt that only had an AM radio, and a 91' Ford Ranger that didn't even come with a radio!

But I will say this, down the road when I need a replacement for my 22', if it came down to an option that still had it from another automaker, and a Ford that didn't, I'm buying the one that still has it. Doesn't matter if you personally never use it.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Idk about other streaming services, but with Spotify you can download all of your songs (and maybe podcasts) to your phone and listen to them without a cellular connection. Just have to pop back online once every 30 days so they know you're still a subscriber

Sponsored

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
Ford needs to dump these idiot executives who make these decisions. Always been a Ford guy but they going downhill fast under this CEO.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haven't read all the previous replies so apologize if I am repeating.......

Most young people don't listen to the radio at all. Music is on FM radio. Old person talk is on AM.

Kinda wrong mistake.

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford, to save money, please remove all the FM stations past 99.99, I don't need them, ha ha! But keep all of the AM band!
Sponsored