surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I popped mine out and stow them under the seat if we carry a passenger (rarely), but it's great to see other options.
Mine are behind the rear seat. $0 OEM option :D
Sponsored

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed these 2013-2019 Escape folding rear headrests (eBay purchase). Matches the XL black cloth interior. Great fit but they do not lock in - the notch in the shaft that locks them is a bit smaller than the OEM. I might modify it later but it is a snug fit - they aren’t going anywhere. Provides a lot more rear visibility and they clear the front seats when folding the rear seat down.

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg
I’m not so sure a high-speed rear end crash might not sever the head from the neck with the angle that they’re coming at. Maybe you should have the NTSB test those for you with a crash dummy first. I just keep mine under the seat when needed and have full view as long as there’s no rear seat passengers, which is 99% of the time.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting or informative threads are picked by the forum administrators to be on the main page. There's nothing you can do to force it to show up there (except post interesting or helpful threads!)
I have seen posts from people who added accessories to their Maverick. They got posted on the main page. Some where just different wheels or just tires. Wonder how they rate to get the feature posts?

cjames138

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

anyone know of adjustable headrests for front seats on a '22 Hybrid XLT?
I put some headrests in my truck from a 22 Mustang. They're the ratcheting adjustable kind. It matches my XL interior really well. The only difference is the stitching from the mustang is a little different, but hardly noticeable.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put some headrests in my truck from a 22 Mustang. They're the ratcheting adjustable kind. It matches my XL interior really well. The only difference is the stitching from the mustang is a little different, but hardly noticeable.
got any pics of the installed headrests?where did you get 2022 Mustang headrests? and how much?

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

WOW, great idea! My rear seat headrests have been stored behind the seat wrapped in paper bags since i arrived home in it from the dealership two years ago.
And they haven't moved, in two years i have never had a rear seat passenger.
I did the same thing... Just took mine off and tosses them behind the rear seat. I don't think I am a fan of the headrests tilted forward. Interesting solution... I would rather just without.

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Such a great mod,
Installed these 2013-2019 Escape folding rear headrests (eBay purchase). Matches the XL black cloth interior. Great fit but they do not lock in - the notch in the shaft that locks them is a bit smaller than the OEM. I might modify it later but it is a snug fit - they aren’t going anywhere. Provides a lot more rear visibility and they clear the front seats when folding the rear seat down.

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

great quality of life mod! Any chance you got the part number handy.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really cool mod, thanks.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think you know what OEM means

VANVLEET

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not so sure a high-speed rear end crash might not sever the head from the neck with the angle that they’re coming at. Maybe you should have the NTSB test those for you with a crash dummy first. I just keep mine under the seat when needed and have full view as long as there’s no rear seat passengers, which is 99% of the time.
Ford Maverick Folding Rear Headrests Installed IMG_1441

Sponsored

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg
Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸
I'm in.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank's to your post, I ordered a set and you are right, they are great! Match the interior perfectly and no more removing to fold the seat down. Well done!

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its a TRUCK. You don't use your rear window like you need to in a car, you use your side mirrors. What are you going to do when you have a high load or a flipped-up tonneau cover in the way?
Oh no, you mean someone is using their vehicle differently than you do? This must be against the law!

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg
Noice, I just removed mine and they stay in the compartment under the seat, lol.
Sponsored