MadeSmall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed these 2013-2019 Escape folding rear headrests (eBay purchase). Matches the XL black cloth interior. Great fit but they do not lock in - the notch in the shaft that locks them is a bit smaller than the OEM. I might modify it later but it is a snug fit - they aren’t going anywhere. Provides a lot more rear visibility and they clear the front seats when folding the rear seat down.

Ford Maverick Folding Rear Headrests Installed IMG_2244

Ford Maverick Folding Rear Headrests Installed IMG_2245

Ford Maverick Folding Rear Headrests Installed IMG_2246
Sponsored

RAnSD619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, Honda Fit, Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love it. Thanks for sharing. Every inch counts with that small rear window.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed these 2013-2019 Escape folding rear headrests (eBay purchase). Matches the XL black cloth interior. Great fit but they do not lock in - the notch in the shaft that locks them is a bit smaller than the OEM. I might modify it later but it is a snug fit - they aren’t going anywhere. Provides a lot more rear visibility and they clear the front seats when folding the rear seat down.

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg
Looks OEM (y)

Sponsored

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its a TRUCK. You don't use your rear window like you need to in a car, you use your side mirrors. What are you going to do when you have a high load or a flipped-up tonneau cover in the way?
The more visibility the better (I like it!) That's my #1 reason for not getting a tonneau cover that blocks the back window when flipped up.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyone know of adjustable headrests for front seats on a '22 Hybrid XLT?

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its a TRUCK. You don't use your rear window like you need to in a car, you use your side mirrors. What are you going to do when you have a high load or a flipped-up tonneau cover in the way?
Maybe you don’t, but I like to see everything around me. Truck drivers that don’t care about that make me nervous. I’ve seen way too many drivers who think that their “truck” is better than anything else on the road. It’s silly, no, it’s stupid not to care about other drivers.

Sponsored

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg
I love it.
But I don’t think that I will find the Pier Gray.?. Maybe?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's an odd objection. You use every advantage you have under every circumstance to increase your awareness of what's around. There are 3 mirrors installed on the truck... This is increasing the utility of one of them. When you have cargo, okay, you are limited to driver/pax mirrors and you make do...

I like it. Not sure I'll go through the reuphostering effort with having ordered the BAP...

Last edited:

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed these 2013-2019 Escape folding rear headrests (eBay purchase).
Provides a lot more rear visibility and they clear the front seats when folding the rear seat down.
WOW, great idea! My rear seat headrests have been stored behind the seat wrapped in paper bags since i arrived home in it from the dealership two years ago.
And they haven't moved, in two years i have never had a rear seat passenger.

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love this idea. I am wondering if there are any other headrests that might fit too, in order to solve the locking tab incompatibility. Our Mav spends much of it’s time with the headrests off, due to one of it’s drivers being short, and liking the better visibility. But we have to always carry the headrests with us in case we do have a back seat passenger.

Having said that, the Escape headrests look very similar to the Mav’s stock ones, and our existing neoprene seat covers might just fit.

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love this idea. I am wondering if there are any other headrests that might fit too, in order to solve the locking tab incompatibility. Our Mav spends much of it’s time with the headrests off, due to one of it’s drivers being short, and liking the better visibility. But we have to always carry the headrests with us in case we do have a back seat passenger.

Having said that, the Escape headrests look very similar to the Mav’s stock ones, and our existing neoprene seat covers might just fit.
I don’t think the Mavi headrest block too much rear view, but I always want more. I like to see EVERYTHING around me when I drive.
Sponsored