Sponsored

Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6?

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you get it in the slot? I had to cut some notches in the corners.
In the corners of the board? I did a lot of trimming to get the length just right. I also used foam pipe insulation at each end to help hold it in place tightly.
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Am I the only one having trouble getting it into the slots? I scuffed up the liner 🤣

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I the only one having trouble getting it into the slots? I scuffed up the liner 🤣
Foresaw a possible scratch. Had some old black ratch straps lying around so cut off 6 1/2 inch length of strap and used roofing nails to attach straps to each end of 2x6 to pad and make it easier to insert and remove the 2x6, plus helps keep the 2x6 wedged tight in place without scratching. I started to use treated 2x8 but treated 2x8 was heavy to take out and put in the bed when a 2x6 was plenty of height for my needs, plus so far tonneau cover has not leaked to get lumber wet.

Last edited:

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Foresaw a possible scratch. Had some old black ratch straps lying around so cut off 6 1/2 inch length of strap and used roofing nails to attach straps to each end of 2x6 to pad and make it easier to insert and remove the 2x6, plus helps keep the 2x6 wedged tight in place without scratching. I started to use treated 2x8 but treated 2x8 was heavy to take out and put in the bed when a 2x6 was plenty of heigh for my needs, plus so far tonneau cover has not leaked to get lumber wet.
Another trick may be to use some heavy duty duct tape on the ends to shore up any millimeters of snugness desired, and to give a little cushion. Might get gooey if it gets too hot though... hmm...

Kansas Mavs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Frontier
I had a couple 2x4s laying around. I hit them with some black wood preservative. Came out looking like a stain. Layed them in and inserted a shim to keep everything tight. Matches the Line-X pretty good. Groceries won't slide now.

IMG_20211225_152022661.jpg

IMG_20211225_151958627.jpg
Can you send a picture of the back? How are the pieces attached to each other?

Sponsored

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have not got my Hybrid Maverick yet, but was looking at the plastic lumber for flex bed use and can not find locally. Thinking about using bedliner spray on 2x6. That should make them weather resistant? Anyone tried this?
I have never used it on lumber, but we used it on cardboard cores for parent rolls in our paper mill so that we could reuse them and not have the water cutters destroy them. It worked like a charm on the cardboard.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two sections. Pictures attached. The 2x4 spacer blocks are glued and screwed. I attached a cargo net which works pretty good. Everything comes out easily when I want to carry something big back there.

IMG_20220215_081228639.jpg

IMG_20220215_081355468.jpg

IMG_20220215_081618705.jpg

IMG_20220215_081637603.jpg
I see you used pocket screws. Good choice. The glue was probably unnecessary since it wouldn’t add any strength on end grain.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did a trial run of 2x6's as bed dividers prior to bedliner spray and scratch the OEM paint...as I anticipated. Maverick paint is easily scratched in the bed. Took some used straps and wrapped the ends with strap so its flexible to add or remove strap as padding as bedliner is installed....makes snug fit that's easy to adjust and not scratch the bedliner or paint.

Holding 2x6 in place I used Harbor Freight magnet strips (US General - 18" magnetic strips) which carry about a 10 pound strength and cheap at $1.50 @ with coupons. Placed a magnetic strip above each 2x6 and their not going to move or bounce, takes brute strength to pull the magnetic strips off the bed's steel siding.. Screwed a magnetic strip to the side of the vertical 2x6 to hold an old junk pile "shelf rack"...making the metal rack removable since it's held on solely by the magnets, works well making it modular. Pictures attached.

Was going to do a "rack rail" on both sides of the bed but once I got the Maverick I could see the pre-drilled holes are drilled into structural members and are plenty strong as tie downs without a rail. Amazon is a no brainer to get 8mm 1/2 stainless steel bolds and variety of single bolt hooks, not easy to find at hardware stores (chose hooks with maximum of 300lb strength (the lowest) hoping they will break-away before the bed siding frame bends. Tie downs & bolts were around...$19.00 for everything. Highly recommend putting in the bolts (ONLY) before getting a bedliner sprayed in...then back them out to install hooks...putting bolts in thru the bedliner filled holes would be a major project for a household level drill and keeping bolts straight.

Cheap HF magnet bars holding 2x6 in place below. Bed is steel vs aluminum and even with the thick layer of bedliner the magnets hold with brute force.

Footnote: really like the Gator Tri-fold tonneau. Minutes to put on and take off with no tools and very light weight to haul....so for no leaks.

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_0615

8mm x 1/2 long stainless steel bolts with tie down loops. Heavy duty loops are the largest ones to accept a typical ratchet strap hook. For really heavy cargo I will use the OEM floor loops, as in motorcycle hauling.
Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_0616

Harbor Freight magnet strips holding 2x6 down...
Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_0617

2 Magnet strips screwed into side of 2x6 to hold shelf rack...metal shelf can easily be pulled off when not needed.
Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_0618

Metal shelf magnetically attached...ain't going anywhere when hitting speed bumps with two 10lb of magnet strips holding it in place, unless I need to remove it.
Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_0619

Last edited:

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Used brush on bed-liner paint. Used 2 x 6s. The top board comes off and lays between the wheel wells when needed. It’s held together with dowel pins.

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? 237378A8-8286-429A-B4A1-A2F3B4B7E85A

Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know the measure from the divider to the tailgate and maybe the measure from a hard rollup cover to the bed? I'm still waiting on my Maverick but am looking to purchase a plastic tub to keep back there (I'll have a cover on the bed).

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not got my Hybrid Maverick yet, but was looking at the plastic lumber for flex bed use and can not find locally. Thinking about using bedliner spray on 2x6. That should make them weather resistant? Anyone tried this?
Years ago I built a sliding truck bed and coated the 3/4" plywood with roll-on Herculiner from lowes. I removed the sliding bed a few years ago, and leaned it up against the fence in my back yard. It has been there fully exposed to upstate NY weather for at least 2 years and looks no different than when I put it there. Not warped or delaminating. Has a nice texture. So yes it sticks to wood and really protects it well

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like those handhold. Guess I need to get my saw out.

Barryjay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with a 2x8.

83588AFA-B12C-4C02-95F8-5DCD63C30828.jpeg
How do you get the 2x8 to clear the rails for the cover?I first tried a 2x10 and it would not clear so I cut it down to a 2x8 and it still won’t clear
Sponsored