Sponsored

Question about drop-in bed liner -- will flex bed slots for 2x4 and 2x6 boards still be usable?

OP
OP
MarkG

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
You could always throw the drop in liner back in once you get the spay in done to rectify that issue. I assume it would still fit.
About a quarter inch off for holes for tie downs ect. Might require minimal trimming.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The good thing about drop in liners is you make more profit when you pull a bait and switch by adding them to a lux package claiming you can't get spray in liners when there are plenty of aftermarket spray in liners happening every day.
They did drop the price of the Lux package when the switch was forced. Not sure how it's bait and switch.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just hated how hollow they seamed and slippery. I prefer to get a couple years use out of the stock painted bed and then get it sprayed with line-x
Why not get it sprayed right away so ypu get more time/value for your money?

Takehold67

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had my F-150 for 13 years drop in liner loved it. No problems handled loads of rocks dirt and mulch.
No problem no damage
That’s why I went with it again

Sponsored

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Why not get it sprayed right away so ypu get more time/value for your money?
From experience. The spray in gets damaged as well and looks pretty ratty after 5 years if you use it for anything. If you use your box for a couple years till it starts to look beat up, the spray in will revive it. You just need to hammer out any dents first. So I get 2 or 3 years longer life out of my box this way. But I am hard on truck boxes.

JamieP

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I bought the drop-in liner. It fits very tight and looks good. The slots for 2x6's work great. I chamfered the corners of the 2x6, and it slid right in but tight enough that you would have to pry it back out. There are marks for the holes for tie down locations, and mine were spot on.

The whole thing took about 1 hour to install, and I had no prior experience. The instructions are poor because they use only pictures and no words, and the pictures are not very clear. It didn't matter. It's very intuitive how it goes together.
Sponsored