Sponsored

Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6?

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not got my Hybrid Maverick yet, but was looking at the plastic lumber for flex bed use and can not find locally. Thinking about using bedliner spray on 2x6. That should make them weather resistant? Anyone tried this?
Sponsored

Sir_Loin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL - AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not got my Hybrid Maverick yet, but was looking at the plastic lumber for flex bed use and can not find locally. Thinking about using bedliner spray on 2x6. That should make them weather resistant? Anyone tried this?

What about just using treated lumber with matte black paint. Treated lumber is rated for ground contact/moisture exposure and is paintable.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just did treated wood and painted it flat black…. Has lasted me 7 years and still going strong.

OP
OP
ccmjr77

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
treated and painted is probably the easiest and best way. I just thought with the liner spray it was better match the bed.

sparky52

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a couple 2x4s laying around. I hit them with some black wood preservative. Came out looking like a stain. Layed them in and inserted a shim to keep everything tight. Matches the Line-X pretty good. Groceries won't slide now.

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_20211225_152022661

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_20211225_151958627

Last edited:

Sponsored

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a couple 2x4s laying around. I hit them with some black wood preservative. Came out looking like a stain. Layed them in and inserted a shim to keep everything tight. Matches the Line-X pretty good. Groceries won't slide now.

IMG_20211225_152022661.jpg

IMG_20211225_151958627.jpg
I will try to do the same for dividers but I saved a cargo net hammock from previous vehicle that
I will use at the end of the bed for groceries especially like a watermelon

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve used Rust-o-Lim black bedliner in the rattle can and it seems to last forever and looks just like spray-in-bedliner, or near perfect match. One can should probably do two 2x6’s, both sides.

Have a new can sitting on a shelf waiting for my Hybrid.

Last edited:

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m going to pick up two 2x6’ and a can of black spray on rubber from Lowes tomorrow to test this out.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_20211225_152022661.jpg

IMG_20211225_151958627.jpg
Looks great

Sponsored

sparky52

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will try to do the same for dividers but I saved a cargo net hammock from previous vehicle that
I will use at the end of the bed for groceries especially like a watermelon
I've got a cargo net coming sometime soon. Unfortunately, didn't have it in time for the photos.

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive had good luck with BEHR DECK OVER on the floor of my cargo trailer..you could paint the 2x6 with that...just an option....2 coats of that product minimum.....just make sure the wood you paint is dry...get a moisture meter and make sure wood is 12% or less...first few years after Behr released this product it had issues but since then its been pretty good if applied to dry wood...most of issues people have with it they applied it to wood that wasnt dry enough...some people still dont like the product but I used it a few times with good results/wear...

could also stain it if just going for a particular look...

ps- im a painter by trade....and use all different products from all companies...so not trying to push behr

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With treated lumber, just thinking out loud -- consider letting it sit outside or in your garage or something for a week or three and then cut to final size, it can shrink a relatively significant amount (1/8" - 1/4" depending on length?) due to moisture content. May not matter in this case but it's a thing. I don't know if that has an effect on someone wanting a snug fit. Might also twist and cup all to hell lol.

These dividers probably don't require treated lumber, though? Regular kiln dried lumber will resist any kind of significant decay for the time you'll be using it, if it's not in long-term moist conditions like ground contact, especially with some coats of paint on it. I think.

Last edited: