First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first thing I did was remove the dashcam from my old car and installed it on the Mav. Keeping all the wires as hidden as possible. Then realized I didn't have floor mats so picked up some cheapies from O'Reillys until I get some huskies or weather tech
Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I was going to take the pink Autonation plate frames off as soon as I drove my truck home. But instead I installed my tonneau cover first. I think the rain that night factored into my impulse decision. The plate frames came off second. :giggle:

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first thing I did was remove the dashcam from my old car and installed it on the Mav. Keeping all the wires as hidden as possible. Then realized I didn't have floor mats so picked up some cheapies from O'Reillys until I get some huskies or weather tech
I went with Smartliner (lazer measured to fit, like the others) very happy with them and saved some money.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with Smartliner (lazer measured to fit, like the others) very happy with them and saved some money.
Did you go with front and rear and do you have a hybrid? If yes , could you share the part number and price?

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put on blacked out American flag hitch cover.

Sponsored

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you go with front and rear and do you have a hybrid? If yes , could you share the part number and price?
Smartliner website has whole set for hybrid $130 right now, mines ecoboost.

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
Rims and tires I'm buying an Excel still haven't decided on hybrid or turbo

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Replace non-led lights,
If the MY comes with non-LED headlights, I want to run the risk there is in asking anyone planning to replace them with LED's to think of the oncoming drivers you meet in the dark especially on two lane roads, and reconsider.
Many LED headlights, even on dim, are tough on older eyes when it is dark and especially if the two lane road is wet. They make it VERY hard for many of us oncoming older drivers to see the lines that are already partially obscured by the water and the side of the road. For us who have to wear glasses the glare that is going to happen because of glasses only makes it worse. Regular headlights? Not a problem. Low to the ground LED lights in cars? Ok. But most pickups, ESPECIALLY tall pickups, like the Fords with two on top of each other and are up high on each side? I actually have to slow down in order to safely make it past those pickups because they pretty much blind me, and other than no more 20/20 vision, my eyes are healthy for being 74 next month. Those who have the start of cataracts but not bad enough to do anything about yet, like my wife? Truly blinding.
And then there are those who think it is cool to have a bar of LEDS that are fine for 4 wheeling but have them on also on a two lane road or are blasting in your rear view mirrors even though it is barely raining or not raining nor foggy. They are really bad.
So, please, think of those of us coming in the opposite direction that are of the age you will be sometime if you are not already and are experiencing some of the things that come with age. If you need them because of your eyes that is different, but ...
Thanks!

Last edited:

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Smartliner website has whole set for hybrid $130 right now, mines ecoboost.
Thanks for the reply, I did some digging and found the OEM set at Tasca Ford for 143.00 that fit my Hybrid. They even have the Maverick logo on them. I pulled the trigger and ordered them. The shipping was a little steep (17.00) but the hybrid ones are hard to find.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I told my dealer and have repeated myself a number of times, DO NOT put your sticker on my truck and DO NOT wash my truck!
Thanks for this! I am going to do the same!!!!

Sponsored

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WHEN I am told it is being built, I will order Tonneau cover and inform my tire dealer, IF they are still willing to give me a decent trade in on my factory tires with me taking if right away to them, to get my replacement raised white letter tires ordered for our white truck and remind the dealer MANY NO DEALER STICKER and do not wash or clean it except for what needs done to add the lower body decal when it arrives. Then I will take it right to the tire dealer to get the tires replaced and maybe even already have an appointment at Ziebart for under body and THEN take it home and add Tonneau cover, and the next morning gently wash and Chamois and fully detail interior add and then my wife and I will cruise, her driving since it is primarily hers cuz' I primarily drive a 2003 Grand Cherokee.

Last edited:

Loball

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Awaiting delivery in Mid December of my Cyber Orange Naranjita. I am already buying items...

Having the dealer install (because they were a part of my original order):
Having Discount Tire install:
I will install within the first few days:
That will be enough for the first week! Then waiting for the DMV to fabricate custom plates. Maybe within the first few months I may do some headlight and tail light customization. I also want to paint my tow hooks Cyber Orange.

I am also considering blacking out the grill bar. I would change out the silver Lariat color to black, and change the black in the center separating the upper and lower silver to Cyber Orange. I would mess with it in Photoshop first to make sure I like the look.

MAVfx4.jpg

Photoshopped Black Ops FX4 emblem on Cyber Orange panel
How well do you like the soft tonneau cover? Will it hold up to a drive-through car wash? I really like the looks of the soft roll up type and as it doesn't take up as much bed space when it's rolled up I think it'll be more practical than the folding covers or the hard roll up ones. Any thoughts?​

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How well do you like the soft tonneau cover? Will it hold up to a drive-through car wash? I really like the looks of the soft roll up type and as it doesn't take up as much bed space when it's rolled up I think it'll be more practical than the folding covers or the hard roll up ones. Any thoughts?​
I like it. I would love a hard folding top, but just can't justify the expense right now. It still looks brand new after 7 months of torturous weather. Snow/rain/hail. Now 2 months of hot summer sun. It is great that it takes up no bed space. This one rolls up and re-fastens easier/better than any other soft tonneau I've ever had.

As for drive-through washes, I don't use them. But I do I use my pressure washer on it pretty hard to get all the grime and pollen off it. So that might actually be more punishing than a car wash. And it's holding up great.

Loball

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored