First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had mine for 2 1/2 weeks now. I made an appointment for PPF bra and ceramic coating for the 1st week of December.

Installed black vinyl letters to tailgate, front and rear dash camera, tonneau cover and cargo rack, tow hook license plate bracket. I’ve built a trailer hitch mounted ’goal post’ and bed level extender and purchased a set of roof rack, although these may not see as much use know that I broke down and sprung for the full cargo system.

I think that will about do it for mods and/or additions.

Really enjoying this little pickup!! 😊
Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remove any dealer labels that might end up on there despite what I ask, raised black tailgate letters, BAK X4S tonneau cover, window tint, talk to me goose window decal, and hood/rocker panel decals assuming I find a set I like.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awaiting delivery in Mid December of my Cyber Orange Naranjita. I am already buying items...

Having the dealer install (because they were a part of my original order):
Having Discount Tire install:
I will install within the first few days:
That will be enough for the first week! Then waiting for the DMV to fabricate custom plates. Maybe within the first few months I may do some headlight and tail light customization. I also want to paint my tow hooks Cyber Orange.

I am also considering blacking out the grill bar. I would change out the silver Lariat color to black, and change the black in the center separating the upper and lower silver to Cyber Orange. I would mess with it in Photoshop first to make sure I like the look.

Ford Maverick First thing you did/doing to your Mav MAVfx4

Photoshopped Black Ops FX4 emblem on Cyber Orange panel

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably slap on the stickers below and “maverick” tailgate letters. I’ve already purchased weathertech floor mats, led reverse lights, and will likely buy a dozen more things before the truck gets a build date. Rokblokz has a Black Friday sale coming up.

This is the most expensive cheapest vehicle I don’t have. Special thanks to all the jerks who keep sharing shit I don’t need.
Ford Maverick First thing you did/doing to your Mav 159AB296-CBA0-4B04-9FAC-AEE9086C56C2

Last edited:

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remove dealer sticker. Remove fx 4 sticker. Install K&N filter. Replace antenna with stubby. Replace back up lights with LEDs. Install polished stainless tailgate lettering. Install tailgate damper. Install tailgate anti theft lock. Replace OEM tires with 235/65 wildpeak trails. Have spray in bedliner installed. Install roof bars and cargo rack. Apply ceramic coat.

After that, depression sets in because my maverick project is done and I won't have anything to plan. :(
What roof bars are you going to use

Mannyr

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
First thing, I am driving from the lot to my local tire shop and putting o some 245/65 Toyos then I will be adding a softopper (I am sure they will have them by the time my order is build).

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Remove dealer ID if put on, I will ask them not to. Then take and have oil guarded. Then ceramic coat or clear wrap if I can find someone to do it cheap enough.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First 3 things I did at the same time. Strut tower bar, LED reverse lights and remove the dealer sticker.

next up is new intake when it arrives and remove FX4 stickers if we get a warm enough day

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What roof bars are you going to use
That's an open question. I don't want to spend a ton of money on them so the yakima's are out. I will only need them a couple of times a year so I want them to be removable.

Maybe something like this:

smile.amazon.com/MKING-Adjustable-Crossbar-Aluminum-35-8-50-4/dp/B094N5J46Z?th=1

Harbor freight has a cargo basket that isn't too expensive. They also have a cargo carrier that attaches to the hitch, folds up. and holds 750 lbs. This all for our annual vacation so my wife doesn't have to overload her car.

Last edited:

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
check for leaking transmission

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The list of things for the Maverick for me once its in the driveway and post-PDI check of my own include;
1. Try to install an auto-dimming mirror
2. Add the cab and tailgate spoilers
3. Add the AirDesign fender flares (just looks better to me)
4. Install the Steeda Strut Tower Brace
5. Tint front door windows
6. Remove the dealer sticker
7. Paint Correction and ceramic seal
8. Install antenna thimble (I have one that's literally the size of a thimble)
9. Add my other accessories (door sill plates, tailgate lock, tailgate letters, hood protector)
10. Install my Rexing V1Pro Dashcam

Thanks to weird luck and a metric f-ton of FordPass points and some other extra funds, all the parts, tools, chemicals and such are already in the garage ready to go.

The only two things missing are the truck itself, and blocking out a set time to do it all.
Mine doesn't get built until the week of 12/6, but that's what? 2 weeks away? And if delivery times keep up, I may have it by Christmas (My Bronco was build 10/7 and in the driveway on 10/25. Although the Mav is coming out of Hermosillo, dealer says they average 14-21 days for Bronco Sports to arrive after built. If that's true, its gonna make for a nice Christmas around here).

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Put on new tires, Falken Wildpeak AT Trails
Next is tailgate letters…oh got Maverick floor trays too.
Bed cover is ordered.

Ford Maverick First thing you did/doing to your Mav 401A122A-DE98-44A3-B885-7C9E64C9FB82

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll check the oil brfore leaving the lot, and will likely add gas on the way home, as it is cheaper in town.
Sponsored