First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saturday morning at 8am I got in my Maverick in my garage, started it up and drove 12 minutes to work. It was 50 degrees out here in California. Upon arrival within 10 minutes I noticed an alert in my FordPass app telling me my Maverick had gone to deep sleep. I went right out to my truck and it started right up with no indication there was any problem. I turned it off and went in to work for 3 hours. I left work and drove home with no other issues. I had never received such a deep sleep notification before or since. My Maverick often sits in my garage for a day or two before I drive it. My 2023 Lariat Hybrid has only 2200 miles on it. Was this just a glitch or should I be concerned?
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No problems with my '24 w/900 miles yet. From what I witnessed on this forum this is probably your start of them. Happens again I would charge the battery and drive it further.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Short answer to your dilema. It is a BCM (battery control module) and stock 12v Ford Battery that came with your truck problem. People here have charged their stock Ford 12v batteries. Still had the issue. People have taking their truck to the dealer. Dealer tests the 12v battery, they tell you the battery is good, they charge it up. Next day same issue. The issue continues for months and is very annoying.

Most of us in here finally bought our own non-Ford 12v batteries.......................issue gone.

Just trying to save you grief, time, being stranded, etc. You can read the 2 year long thread in here. It's all there and the answer is...............get your own new battery.

The worst years affected were the 2022 models. 2023 not as prevelent. 2024 seems to be the year that Ford has addressed this.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh, and I have a 2023 XLT and had around 2,500 miles when the issue came up for me.

Oneeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saturday morning at 8am I got in my Maverick in my garage, started it up and drove 12 minutes to work. It was 50 degrees out here in California. Upon arrival within 10 minutes I noticed an alert in my FordPass app telling me my Maverick had gone to deep sleep. I went right out to my truck and it started right up with no indication there was any problem. I turned it off and went in to work for 3 hours. I left work and drove home with no other issues. I had never received such a deep sleep notification before or since. My Maverick often sits in my garage for a day or two before I drive it. My 2023 Lariat Hybrid has only 2200 miles on it. Was this just a glitch or should I be concerned?
Could be just a glitch. I took a 780 mile round trip last spring and when I got up to leave again. It was dead. Jumped it and luckily no problem scene. Yet, I never did get a warning on my ford app.

Sponsored

OP
OP
converseguy

converseguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could be just a glitch. I took a 780 mile round trip last spring and when I got up to leave again. It was dead. Jumped it and luckily no problem scene. Yet, I never did get a warning on my ford app.
My issue seems like the opposite of yours. My truck showed no sign of being dead yet I got a notice in the app.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think buying another battery just masks the real problem. The BMS does not allow the battery to be charged when it should be charging.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My issue seems like the opposite of yours. My truck showed no sign of being dead yet I got a notice in the app.
Deep Sleep doesn't cause a "dead truck." It will disable Ford app functions, Dome lights, and Passenger side Intelligent access(if you have a Lariat.)

Mine is a 2022 Hybrid, started getting the deep sleep messages about 8 months after purchase. Had two different dealers test my battery and tell me it was good, but couldn't explain why it was going into deep sleep.

@CurtisB was on point. Replaced my 12v battery with a Duralast Gold last August and haven't had any issues.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think buying another battery just masks the real problem. The BMS does not allow the battery to be charged when it should be charging.
Mine was charging as normal when the truck was on, at least according to the OBD2 reader I had plugged into it.

The Duralast Gold I replaced my battery with holds about the same voltage as the Ford battery, but does not go into deep sleep mode.

Fancy Farm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 dodge 3500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine sent me a message that it went into battery saver mode today. Haven't drove it in about 2 weeks so I will give it a try tomorrow. Salt should be washed off the road by now. Kentucky can salt every road in the state in 8 hours but can't mow the road sides all summer.

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what. Deep sleep isn't an issue, it's a mode. I've gotten 6-8 messages in 1 year. Never stopped me from doing anything. Once or twice I couldn't remote start from the app. Big deal? Hasn't been for me.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reset the BMS, with ignition on flash high beams 5 times and then press brake 3 times , battery light will flash and then stop when complete.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hate going on vacations 😛, I know this is different but..

Ford Maverick First Deep Sleep Notification IMG_1297

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will happen more in the colder months. I turn off all the remote features during the winter to help save the battery.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It may be an early sign of a weakening battery, or just a fluke.
If I got a deep sleep or similar notice about the battery, I would put it on a battery charger/tender until fully charged. Then, reset the Battery Monitoring System (BMS), described by another poster above. I would also connect the tender any time the truck won't be driven for a few days.
Sponsored