2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer limited, 2010 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone know if adding the spare tire would cause a delay? Initially wanted the cp360 which includes the spare but now that cp360 is a supply constraint am thinking about just adding the spare.

With the cruise control being standard on XL now im gonna go with an XL cactus gray with spare tire and tow hitch. I don't like the steelies but I don't need to spend $3k to upgrade to XLT for new wheels
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nuther side note: The bank my wife worked for sold six months before her 25th anniversary and did away with the 25th year employed high dollar watch!😭
Lot of this going around for the last 40 yrs or so.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So unfulfilled 2022 orders are not getting any kind of priority in 2023? I'm afraid i would lose mind in that case. Think goodness I am not part of that mess. That Ford special offer should be $5000 at least.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For sure, and I get that I watched that video where Jim Farly explained that. I think he said that 75% of all retail order must go to the by-name order. If not, the dealership gets penalized. This prevents them from over ordering retails to increase their stock on the lot.

I was just trying to explain why the retail orders still go against their total allocations. and use exaggerated numbers to highlight the point.

Thanks for correcting me.
Ah I understand better now. Thanks.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted Ford Chat and they said to contact Ford Marketing to get the Cert. I then called Ford Marketing and was told that I did not have a Private Offer Cert in their system yet. Said that dealers have between Sept 12th and 15th to do something in the system to acknowledge that a customer wanted to roll over from a MY22 to a MY23. I created a new post this afternoon on this subject since I REALLY hope the lady at Ford Marketing gave me bad info. However, if she did give me bad info, I really need to know the steps required to get my Cert so that I can place a new order tomorrow. After waiting an entire year, I am about to go nuts regarding Ford incompetence.
I would go down to the dealer this morning and tell them explicitly that yes you do want your 22 to roll over to a 23 and sit there until they do 'whatever they need to do' to ensure that yours gets rolled over - and get some documentation for your records. You do not want to find out tomorrow that the dealer assumed that since you didn't contact them that your order just got deleted. An hour well spent, it's unfortuantely it's like this but you need to cover yourself

Sponsored

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm. It says 2023 order banks open on Sept. 15th. It doesn't say "for existing 22MY orders. I'm assuming that means for everyone
It's everyone!

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at dealership now. It will open today. They figure around 4 pm central

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would go down to the dealer this morning and tell them explicitly that yes you do want your 22 to roll over to a 23 and sit there until they do 'whatever they need to do' to ensure that yours gets rolled over - and get some documentation for your records. You do not want to find out tomorrow that the dealer assumed that since you didn't contact them that your order just got deleted. An hour well spent, it's unfortuantely it's like this but you need to cover yourself
Truly wished it was that easy. The dealer is about 250 miles away (but close to my mom's home so figured that wasn't a big deal since I try to visit my mom every month or so). They initially beat all my local dealers prices by $500 but 8 months later claimed the Rep was not authorized to do that. Completly scummy move on thier part. Of course, they never respond to e-mails or calls and thus my reason to want to go with someone else as part of the "re-order". I don't expect them to help me at all so not sure what to do at this point. Everything points to me having a valid MY22 order (have been getting the message of "unscheduled:clean, Priority 10" from Ford Chat for several months now) and 99% sure they put in the COPV correctly. Hoping to see how the dust settles today. Been talking to a local dealer so hoping that they may know something or whom at Ford needs to be contacted to get the Cert. I can't imagine that I am the only one in this situation.

Last edited:

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truly wished it was that easy. The dealer is about 250 miles away (but close to my mom's home so figured that wasn't a big deal since I try to visit my mom every month or so). They initially beat all my local dealers prices by $500 but 8 months later claimed the Rep was not authorized to do that. Completly scummy move on thier part. Of course, they never respond to e-mails or calls and thus my reason to want to go with someone else as part of the "re-order". I don't expect them to help me at all so not sure what to do at this point. Everything points to me having a valid MY22 order (have been getting the message of "unscheduled:clean, Priority 10" from Ford Chat for several months now) and 99% sure they put in the COPV correctly. Hoping to see how the dust settles today. Been talking to a local dealer so hoping that they may know something or whom at Ford needs to be contacted to get the Cert. I can't imagine that I am the only one in this situation.
yeah that's a tough spot - eh maybe put in a call to a salesperson and go over this and get his/her name as a reference verifying that you're a rollover. I would go nuts if they (intentionally or unintentionally ) screw this up.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And no mention of problems with the trailer hitch as someone said their delay was from the hitch. Looks like more miss information 😕

I'm feeling like an old dog with slight doses of Fentanyl and Ducolax.

Sponsored

numike

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
stopped in at the dealer said they are entering my order after about 330 central time (sept 15) come in tomorrow sign papers put down deposit

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Visited my dealer this morning. Will upgrade my 2022 XL Hybrid to a 2023 XLT Hybrid. Will still get CP360 as I really want that. Only other adds - hitch, inverter. He will resubmit my order when the order banks open w/ Special Private Offer and Farm Bureau discounts. Should keep final price < $25k. Fingers crossed all goes well!
Anyone heard just when the order bank opens for sure?

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is 100% wrong. I saw my exact order which I placed in November, scheduled for December/January orders at larger dealerships, all while my truck got pushed to 2023.
Chapman had 15 unscheduled ecoboost orders per one of their salesmen via email, and that was months ago when I contacted them. Meanwhile, my dealer probably only saw 15 trucks get scheduled TOTAL. You're much more likely to get your truck, and get it faster, at a larger dealer.
Well.. Maybe.

I understand and respect your predicament, and am not trying to argue with you.
I feel your basing your argument on your personal experiences, which I cannot attest to. I have no idea about your situation and don't claim to go against what you have experienced.

I also feel you're using an association based argument. It's like saying "more ice cream is sold in the summer AND more crime happens in the summer. Therefore, the sale of Ice Cream is directly related to the increase of crime". In reality, the two are completely independent of one another.

There MAY be faster delivery at larger dealerships, but there also MAY be other factors in the background that either of us aren't seeing. All in know, from the research I've done, is that once an order is in, the order gets placed in line with the rest of the orders, regardless of what dealership it comes from.

Dealership allotments are give out, by Ford Motor Company, based primarily on that dealerships volume of sales (and a few other factors) The speed at which the order is filled shouldn't be affected by the number of allotments.

Maybe I am wrong though.

Yvonne Federowicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They won’t let you ask additional questions.

Yes the feedback "SEND" button on their FAQ page didn't even work. OMG there are a million people right out of school who could make that button work.

Ford Maverick Finally! OFFICIAL 2023 Ford Maverick Ordering Information & FAQ {filename}
We could not submit your feedback at this time.
Sponsored