2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get what I want and he gets what he wants, it's pretty simple in our house.
Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife doesnā€™t get why Iā€™m keeping my truck to get this truck.
itā€™s-a commuter honeyā€¦

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Living in Florida or Alabama, most of the Luxury package options are not really essential IMO. The 2.0L, FX4 & Tow packages are more essential than heated mirrors and steering wheel. It was order what I wanted or nothing at all.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I'm with you.....Mine had her input With the Cowboy Cadilac Chevy in my profile....It's a loaded boat that eats gas as a kid eats M&M's...13.8mpg.. I hate the truck...I wanted a small truck but she said I want you to have luxury....
I want small..nimble..great mpg... few luxuries..I like heated seats.. a moonroof, heated mirrors, and enough storage spaces to make me happy...that's about it..
So I'm keeping her in the dark somewhat..she did push for the Lariat because of the Active-X seats.... and she liked the Gray..so I changed that...HEY wait....she is at it again :) lol

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
my wife hates thinks the maverick looks hideous but doesn't care how much I spend. I'm more frugal than anything so just went with the XLT lux package

Edit her exact words were "If you're gonna get a truck get a damn truck don't get that"

pass I'll take my 40 mpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
This is not a problem I have with my wife. She does not care about ANY vehicle I owned because she NEVER wants to drive them.

However, she always wants my input, when she is buying hers. I am supported of her decision and that keeps her happy.

If you are sharing a vehicle with your spouse, you should be interested in the option she WANTS. It will make her happy, and that is important in a marriage.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
This is not a problem I have with my wife. She does not care about ANY vehicle I owned because she NEVER wants to drive them.

However, she always wants my input, when she is buying hers. I am supported of her decision and that keeps her happy.

If you are sharing a vehicle with your spouse, you should be interested in the option she WANTS. It will make her happy, and that is important in a marriage.
Yep.... That's why I changed from Hot Pepper Red to Carbon Gray...and XLT Lux to a Lariat...I'm on board with both decisions also...

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I'm at my next 5-year buying cycle. My Transit Connect has been the best vehicle I've ever had for my business, and it gets 27 MPG (had 4 pickups previous to that). My wife HATES to ride in it. My work has changed so that a pickup would now be better for me again. Why the Maverick? Every other mid-size PU out there right now has issues of one kind or another that don't agree with me. I ignored the Maverick at first, until I realized that the versatile configs built into it's ridiculous small bed actually allow me to deal with all manner of load types, including 4 x 8 sheets. I decided to go whole-hog and order a fully-loaded Lariat. It will work with my business, and the luxuries should end my wife's reluctance to take my vehicle anywhere (she drives BMW,s). For 35 G's I'm getting a configuration that would be unachievable in any larger truck.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally was going with xlt lux but she drives an accord with push button start and she digs that so up to lariat trim I went. Then that opened up the option for upgraded speakers package, and she loves her tunes so up to the luxury package I went. You may think you know where this is headed but you'd be wrong. I put my foot down and said no to the FE package. I am man! Hear me roar! She's not big on graphics and like me, likes vehicles uniform in color so the black roof and side mirrors were not selling points, although the moon roof is a must to enjoy the California weather (wildfires aside) , so that was a separate add on. So yeah... It was a 1 sided argument.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm at my next 5-year buying cycle. My Transit Connect has been the best vehicle I've ever had for my business, and it gets 27 MPG (had 4 pickups previous to that).
This is interesting, my neighbor (a federal judge) has 3 kids ages 11-13-15, they play a lot of sports. They leased a Transit Connect, just to take the kids around to the different games and practices. The number of miles they were putting on their GLS450 was insane. His wife LOVES the Transit...

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wifeā€™s only raised eyebrow was the Alto and not the velocity other than that she hasnā€™t said anything other than get what you want. XLT with every package, sunroof, rear slider, and full size spare. I bought her a used Edge Titanium AWD last year with 20k miles. She loves it and it has about every option available. My Maverick suits me, heated interior upgrades, simple but enough options for meā€¦I mean I currently drive an 07 Mountaineer Premier soā€¦
The gas mileage with versatility alone makes it exactly what I want or need. FX4 because it gives me flexibility if I want to go off of hard roads from time to time plus it looks a bit more badass, lol.
I wasnā€™t looking to buy but the Maverick just suits me. Current build week is Oct 4, hopefully that holds but if not I will wait.

Last edited:

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many of us are having disagreements with the significant other over options after ordering. Mine was adamant about Lariat + Lux because she absolutely had to have heated seats and Active X. I after following scheduling threads wanted to change some things. IE change hybrid to Ecoboost AWD so we could tow more. So to keep in budget I was going to loose Lux. She wasn't having any of that so guess who compromised. No 4K, no AWD or FX4 just FWD so we might get it before January.
This thread reminds me of an ad I saw once. It went something like:

FOR SALE Brand new 2015 Honda Gold Wing. Aparently, do whatever the hell you want, didn't mean what I thought it did.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many years ago I made a big mistake :oops:
I traded a lightly loaded :poop: 1 year old Chevy S10 blazer.
For a FULLY loaded 100k mile Buick Reviara after 1 commute she said "SO this is luxury...WOW" :love:
Ever since Buick yawn, Cadillac, infinity, BMW šŸ„°
First thing she said about the Maverick was "leather, heated AND ventilated...
Yesterday she asked if it had front and rear sensors?

I must admit it's been a fun 5 decade adventure šŸ˜œ

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
No arguments here. I'm paying for it and it's my truck. He got to help me chose between carbonized gray and Alto Blue (Blue won). He's really not interested in it. So glad I found this group of like minded people I can chat with!šŸ¤—

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
This is interesting, my neighbor (a federal judge) has 3 kids ages 11-13-15, they play a lot of sports. They leased a Transit Connect, just to take the kids around to the different games and practices. The number of miles they were putting on their GLS450 was insane. His wife LOVES the Transit...
The Transit Connect is a small van, but it is essentially a Ford Focus with a van body attached. Unsurprisingly, it FEELS like driving a car - not a truck. I think this is what itā€™s going to feel like driving the Maverick. Like driving a compact car with a small PU bed attached. Thatā€™s going to open up this vehicle to tons of people who donā€™t identify themselves as truck people. yes, you can say it looks like a truck if your EGO needs it. I see this vehicle as a different bird entirely. Itā€™s essentially a compact car that can be reconfigured to carry almost anything. Iā€˜m looking forward to the luxuries of my Lariat after driving around in what, at times, feels like the bare-bones interior of a large tin can (much as I love my TC).
Sponsored