Features : Need/Want/Don't

NEPA_60

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sonoma
Lots of things required by law that I don't need! But I understand your point. Government driving the cost up.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Need: CarPlay, Heated Seats/Wheel, Automatic Climate Control, <$35k OTD

Want: Co-Pilot 360 (Hands-free driving, like in the new F-150), Remote Start, Power-fold mirrors, Blackout Package, <$33K OTD

Don't: Leather, Moon/Sunroof, Brand name sound system, "off-road equipment", "Built-In Navigation", SiriusXM subscription, other overpriced BS

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
Need: CarPlay, Heated Seats/Wheel, Automatic Climate Control, <$35k OTD

Want: Co-Pilot 360 (Hands-free driving, like in the new F-150), Remote Start, Power-fold mirrors, Blackout Package, <$33K OTD

Don't: Leather, Moon/Sunroof, Brand name sound system, "off-road equipment", "Built-In Navigation", SiriusXM subscription, other overpriced BS
Your price tolerance is much richer than mine. If it even approaches $33K for a package that meets my wants/needs, I'll erase the Maverick from my memory and start looking at other options.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Your price tolerance is much richer than mine. If it even approaches $33K for a package that meets my wants/needs, I'll erase the Maverick from my memory and start looking at other options.
Agreed. I could get a Ranger/Colorado/New Frontier for that cost.

Ive already told myself 26k all in including dealer fees etc is my max for the Maverick whatever that may get me.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
NEED: Fits in driveway/garage. Decent ~1000lb payload, 3500lb towing with trailer brakes. Android Auto/Apple Carplay, WIFI version not USB, wireless charging. Heated seats and steering wheel. Good rear camera. A good selection of truck toppers. Tow hooks front and rear for canoe.
Wireless remote with remote start, for when it's -30C. AWD with decent clearance.

WANT: Driver's blind-spot assist, pedestrian assist, right lane cyclist assist (camera on when the right indicator is on).

Don't: Leather seats, interior that stains. fancy carpet.

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took a comparably equipped Ranger and subtracted ~$8k.
  • SuperCrew 4x4 XLT starts at $36.5k w/ destination
  • Heated seats/wheel requires 302A package, adds $2.5k
  • Blackout package adds $1k
  • Tech package adds $1k
  • MSRP + destination = $41K
I figure about a $4-5k (hope for $6k) price difference between the Ranger and the Maverick to make sure they don't overlap markets. I expect ~$2k in cash bonuses for the Maverick, but that might not happen the first year or two depending upon demand.

Honestly, I hope Ford doesn't roll some of the normal BS options into these packages to increase their margins. Navigation is useless 99% of the time, everyone uses their phones. I don't need or want some BS brand name stereo system, nor do I want leather or "off-road" equipment. I just want a climate package, a tech package, and an appearance package for $1k each.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been playing around with pricing based on what Ford charges on Escape. This is what I come up with for my Maverick:
$19,995 base
$1,245 D&D
$1,500 AWD
$2,225 SE pkg. (XLT?) including 1.5 Ecoboost if the base engine is different?
$645 Cold weather package
$150 Block heater
$375 Trailer hitch
$26,135 total estimated MSRP
If they charge an additional large amount for the 1.5 I will be out of the market. Ford charges big bucks for the 2.0 Ecoboost in the Bronco Sport

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been playing around with pricing based on what Ford charges on Escape. This is what I come up with for my Maverick:
$19,995 base
$1,245 D&D
$1,500 AWD
$150 Block heater
$375 Trailer hitch
If they charge an additional large amount for the 1.5 I will be out of the market. Ford charges big bucks for the 2.0 Ecoboost in the Bronco Sport
I'm starting to rethink my approach of estimating price based on subtracting from the Ranger. If I use the Escape as a basis, $11k gets you the Titanium trim...basically fully loaded. If the same is true on the Maverick, that would mean it would top out at ~$32K (D/D included).

Jonp66762

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Want: heated leather seats & wheel, sun roof, AWD, all under 26(wishful?)
Don‘t want: complicated video/audio, digital dash

Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
I'm looking at this truck a little different then most of you. I've owned full-sized pickups with all of the bells and whistles. I have a fondness for bells and whistles. I just don't need a full-sized truck anymore.

Want: All of it. Apple Car Play, all of the safety features (lane departure, automatic braking, back-up/proximity warnings, blind-spot warning), adaptive cruise, heated seats/mirrors/steering wheel, comfortable seats (I don't care how they are moved), auto-dimming mirrors, auto climate, remote start (that knows whether I need the air or heat on), fold-up rear seat (flat floor storage), good lighting in the bed (under rail), lots of anchors in the bed, an easily removable folding bed cover, to name a few. I mention this already in another thread, AWD, 2.0T and a manual...I don't think a 6-speed manual will happen, but this is a want. So what I have described is something on the order of a Badlands/Titanium trim package or a Lariat (this is a truck after all). I'd probably even want the plug-in hybrid, but I wouldn't give-up AWD to have it nor would I want it if it made me feel like I was driving a science experiment. I'm guessing that my dream Maverick will cost between $30 and $34k

Don't Want: Things that make daily life with the vehicle less enjoyable. For example, I don't want an off road package that will give the truck a harsh/busy ride. I don't want larger wheels that use low profile tires that are more expensive to replace and don't improve the ride quality. I don't need any type of glass roof or movable panel. I don't need leather seating, but you're typically forced into that to get the "wants" noted above.

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking at this truck a little different then most of you. I've owned full-sized pickups with all of the bells and whistles. I have a fondness for bells and whistles. I just don't need a full-sized truck anymore.

Want: All of it. Apple Car Play, all of the safety features (lane departure, automatic braking, back-up/proximity warnings, blind-spot warning), adaptive cruise, heated seats/mirrors/steering wheel, comfortable seats (I don't care how they are moved), auto-dimming mirrors, auto climate, remote start (that knows whether I need the air or heat on), fold-up rear seat (flat floor storage), good lighting in the bed (under rail), lots of anchors in the bed, an easily removable folding bed cover, to name a few. I mention this already in another thread, AWD, 2.0T and a manual...I don't think a 6-speed manual will happen, but this is a want. So what I have described is something on the order of a Badlands/Titanium trim package or a Lariat (this is a truck after all). I'd probably even want the plug-in hybrid, but I wouldn't give-up AWD to have it nor would I want it if it made me feel like I was driving a science experiment. I'm guessing that my dream Maverick will cost between $30 and $34k

Don't Want: Things that make daily life with the vehicle less enjoyable. For example, I don't want an off road package that will give the truck a harsh/busy ride. I don't want larger wheels that use low profile tires that are more expensive to replace and don't improve the ride quality. I don't need any type of glass roof or movable panel. I don't need leather seating, but you're typically forced into that to get the "wants" noted above.
I'm with you a lot of those comforts. I have a commute into work and I want a comfortable drive during the week, and some functional utility on the weekend.

There's plenty of people on here who want barebones and don't want to pay for anything else. That's fine, that's great! I think they'll be able to get exactly what they want.

In any case, I think many want a value-focused vehicle. I don't think this is a truck to make a statement of "look what I can afford" like what many full-size trucks have become. I don't think this a vehicle for so called "stealth wealth." I think this is vehicle for those looking for functional utility and a couple of comforts at a reasonable price; without all the gaudiness that many trucks and SUVs have become.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mox's phrase right here above = "...value-focused vehicle..." Price will be the determinant for the Maverick; don't price it anywhere near a Ranger (like the Ranger is so close to the price of a discounted F-150 now)

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
$19,995 base
$1,245 D&D
$1,500 AWD
$150 Block heater
$375 Trailer hitch
If the 1.5 is an upgrade engine I might be out...already its 'good enough' in the bronco sport

DanMustang70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The biggest thing for me is price. If I can get it out the door at 26k I'll be happy.

Things I wouldn't mind having
1. Apple Carplay
2. Backup Camera
3. Bed liner
Sponsored