First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put less than 80 miles on my new Maverick XLT Hybrid and went straight to the Tire Shop. Now rolling with Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17.

A nice middle ground between the stock size and the 245’s people are running. Truck feels safe and more solid on the road. Will work perfect for my daily driving needs and weekend adventures which will include “soft roading” hauling dirtbikes, and rooftop tent for camping.

As far as mpg I expect to take a small hit but so worth it for the feeling of confidence on the road. Only drove about 50 miles since new tires still averaging a bit over 40mpg around town. Ford should be ashamed of the stock Continental tires they put on these trucks. The sidewalls are thinner than a fruit roll up!

Ford Maverick Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17 Tires Installed on Hybrid Maverick -- From Dealer to Tire Shop 55EA2EE5-4C28-402E-B2F3-AE2D4B3159E2
Ford Maverick Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17 Tires Installed on Hybrid Maverick -- From Dealer to Tire Shop 9C4F03F0-D4AB-49A3-A044-7CB5A5430E54
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't mind me asking, what, if any trade-in allowance did your dealer give for the Conti's?

HRG

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice! Have the same tires on my hybrid and really only impacted the MPG marginally (-2 mpg). Have to keep them aired up more frequently but the overall look is so worth it. Really sharp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Have the same tires on my hybrid and really only impacted the MPG negligibly (-2 mpg). Have to keep them aired up more frequently but the overall look is so worth it. Really sharp.
Thanks for input, yes I actually stalked a few of your insta picks to help finalize my decision so thanks 🤣 what pressure you running yours at?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great looking set. Sure you don't miss the Contis and Steelies?

Good choice. Just get what works for you and not have to break the bank and get the biggest and baddest. Enjoy the outdoors and let your Maverick breathe some good fresh air.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't mind me asking, what, if any trade-in allowance did your dealer give for the Conti's?

HRG
I asked and They didn’t want those tires ( not surprised ) but have seen people say on these forums that some places gave them $200 in trade. Cost on tire rack is $650ish new not counting fees. I put on Craigslist and FB market place for $375 yesterday and got a few inquires already.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford should be ashamed of the stock Continental tires they put on these trucks. The sidewalls are thinner than a fruit roll up!
To be fair, the majority of new cars come with crap tires from the factory, outside of special edition vehicles like off-road or track designed vehicles.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks really good. I hope to do the same one my Hybrid gets built. 235 does seem to be the sweet spot especially on the hybrid.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the same with ours, but since ours will all be highway we got General Grabber HTS 60 235 /65 R17 Raised White letter tires.
When it comes to trade in, they said they did not need any more of that size and would not be able even if the did to get what I could get, maybe between 250 to 300 for a set of tires with less than a hundred miles on them by selling them myself. But then the tech put the spoon right thru the sidewall of the first OEM tire he was taking off. They offered me $50 for that tire. I countered with "well, now I do not have a full set to sell and will probably not be able to sell them at all, so given it is your fault I don't have a full set, how about giving me $50 each for the other three also." They did. Got a $200.00 discount on my new tires!!!!

OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be fair, the majority of new cars come with crap tires from the factory, outside of special edition vehicles like off-road or track designed vehicles.

Good choice. Just get what works for you and not have to break the bank and get the biggest and baddest. Enjoy the outdoors and let your Maverick breathe some good fresh air.
Appreciate !

Sponsored

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put less than 80 miles on my new Maverick XLT Hybrid and went straight to the Tire Shop. Now rolling with Falken Wildpeak Trail 235/65r17. A nice middle ground between the stock size and the 245’s people are running. Truck feels safe and more solid on the road. Will work perfect for my daily driving needs and weekend adventures which will include “soft roading” hauling dirtbikes, and rooftop tent for camping. As far as mpg I expect to take a small hit but so worth it for the feeling of confidence on the road. Only drove about 50 miles since new tires still averaging a bit over 40mpg around town. Ford should be ashamed of the stock Continental tires they put on these trucks. The sidewalls are thinner than a fruit roll up!
55EA2EE5-4C28-402E-B2F3-AE2D4B3159E2.jpeg
9C4F03F0-D4AB-49A3-A044-7CB5A5430E54.jpeg

View attachment 90170
My wife's 2015 Honda CRV came with Contis. Didn't like them. They weren't horrible, handled ok in rain and plowed roads in snow but were noisy and didn't wear well.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for input, yes I actually stalked a few of your insta picks to help finalize my decision so thanks 🤣 what pressure you running yours at?
40 psi for city, since that’s most of my driving. If I need to take a trip, I’ll air them down 37 psi to accommodate for friction heat, that raises the tire pressure.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looking good! I hope to see you in the area. I’m the guy in the white XLT hybrid with a huge goofy smile and too many exterior accessories!

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks good! Glad to see the way the mild upgrade on size looks like. Thinking of 235s for mine when it comes in, and this looks quite nice without it looking like you've stuffed bigger tires in there.
Definitely gets rid of the pizza-cutter look of the OE tires.

OP
OP
Hagzfilmz

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It’s an XLT so never had the privilege to run the legendary steelies, but a guy can dream 🤣✔
Sponsored