First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got 40k on mine, with about 1/2 of those miles either hauling or towing and they're still at 4-5/32" each. I'm guessing that you have a lot of city miles with heavy starts/stops.
Sponsored

Sugarbush Bob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at 18000 miles and my tires are fine. Rotated every 5000 miles with my oil changed.
I have the Continentals on my 23 hybrid with 19000 miles and so far ok on ice. Will measure tread depth tomorrow. No snow yet in MN

GeoJoe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Odyssey, Vibe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was trying to determine if the Ecoboost or the Hybrid is worse on the tires when reading this thread. It was inconclusive but it seems the hybrid had an advantage.

My truck has too few miles to tell right now.

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM Power Wagon, 2022 Maverick XLT AWD RHCP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just turned 24K on mine and noticed today that on the drivers side front the outside and the passenger inside tread was wearing off but the rest of the tire was good. I don't drive any roads with pot holes or roughness so I am taking it in the morning to get an alignment check. I was hoping for 30K+. Wonder what is going on they would wear that way at only 24K
Made it to 32K still had 2/32 but went with Goodyear Assurance Outlast because we started to get some snow accumulating

Sponsored

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm having a hard time believing any brand of all-season tire would wear out in 15,000 miles. Sorry.
I live on an AR flint dirt road and it carves tires up like a Christmas turkey. I'm lucky to get >15,000 miles out of any set of tires. Michelin Defenders included.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Made it to 32K still had 2/32 but went with Goodyear Assurance Outlast because we started to get some snow accumulating
Thanks for the update.

It really helps in giving us useful information that can be used in buying decisions.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm with the folks who say the tires provided on new vehicles aren't "normal" quality.

My last two new vehicles both came with tires that were worn out by around 30K while mid-priced replacements had tread wear warranties for more than twice that mileage and lived up to it.

When I got my Maverick, I was disappointed with the tread depth on the brand new Contis. I was a little relieved when they did OK in the snow the first winter. I'm headed into this winter with only about 9K miles on those tires so they should be fine.

Sponsored

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM Power Wagon, 2022 Maverick XLT AWD RHCP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm with the folks who say the tires provided on new vehicles aren't "normal" quality.

My last two new vehicles both came with tires that were worn out by around 30K while mid-priced replacements had tread wear warranties for more than twice that mileage and lived up to it.

When I got my Maverick, I was disappointed with the tread depth on the brand new Contis. I was a little relieved when they did OK in the snow the first winter. I'm headed into this winter with only about 9K miles on those tires so they should be fine.
They will be fine, I ran mine all last winter with no issues and we had a couple of pretty good snows

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Factory Continental bad tires. Need replacement at 15K miles 20231219_151936

100k miles on my original Continentals in my '22 Hybrid... and still going. I would say +80 percent of my mileage is interstate. Some say they needed replacement a long time ago just because of mileage. Where I'm from, as long as they're still rolling, they're good. I will have to replace them though just because they might not pass State safety inspection. I don't know what I will replace them with yet. I would like to get the same but my finances will dictate that decision.

Qanzilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4, corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do different trim levels come with different quality Continentals? I have the XL hybrid and the first thing I noticed was how shallow the treads were. So far they are working fine but I've only got about 850 miles on them and haven't driven in the snow yet. Can't wait until it snows to see how I do, though.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live on an AR flint dirt road and it carves tires up like a Christmas turkey. I'm lucky to get >15,000 miles out of any set of tires. Michelin Defenders included.
I hear ya, Steve. I don't know how many flats I've had on my limestone gravel road. I hate changing flats, so the first thing I did was get rid of the paper-thin OEM Contis.

...Where I'm from, as long as they're still rolling, they're good...
When I was in my early 20s, I had the same thought about tires, until I slid on a rain-slick curve and hit another car. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but that wreck taught me it's just not worth it to drive around on worn tires, and I haven't done so since that accident - even when it used to be a financial burden to get new tires.

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear ya, Steve. I don't know how many flats I've had on my limestone gravel road. I hate changing flats, so the first thing I did was get rid of the paper-thin OEM Contis.

When I was in my early 20s, I had the same thought about tires, until I slid on a rain-slick curve and hit another car. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but that wreck taught me it's just not worth it to drive around on worn tires, and I haven't done so since that accident - even when it used to be a financial burden to get new tires.
I've lived 1.5 miles down my road for 23 yrs and have destroyed way more tires than the average citizen.

I know some thought I was being wasteful changing mine out at 3,000 mi but it's the wife's car. After 3 early morning calls for me to help on the way to work in a few months with 3 flats and her humor was done.

When I took them off they were cut to pieces. Soft thin junk. Keep in mind I've been driving a Miata down this road on the same 13" tires for the last 15 years with no rock cut flats.

There was no way I could run these Contis out and still remain married.
Sponsored