First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For most of my 76 years, I have somehow devolved into eternal pessimism, especially when it comes to government, corporations, and big business. I guess it comes from seeing so much disappointment. We were laughing on another thread about the 45 day email from Ford, and I saw an email pop up from Ford, thinking they were right on time with that 45 day notice. To my total surprise, it was a VIN number and February build date. I know that means little except that I should get it somewhere down the line. Maybe I could shoot July 4 fireworks from the bed - pessimism again.

Anyhow, I have just two major thoughts on the subject and very serious about both. First, I feel for those of you who have been waiting for so long - some for 14 months or more. I honestly wish they had built yours first and I mean that. Second, I am totally surprised it is being built, especially given that it is a Hybrid.

Lariat Hybrid, Luxury package, Moon Roof, SIBL,, CP360, CP360 Assist, Carpeted Floor Liners, etc. - Alto Blue. Now I will start looking at selling my 22 XLT EB FX$, ORP, Tow Pkg, DIBL, with quite a few minor add-ons. Carvana just shot me a $4,800 above MSRP offer.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you guys still waiting.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations !!! They are great little trucks

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations !!! They are great little trucks
Thanks Craig. What part of beautiful Bama do you live in? Have family in Gulf Shores area and love it when I go down there.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy for you. Glad it worked out.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Craig. What part of beautiful Bama do you live in? Have family in Gulf Shores area and love it when I go down there.
Just north of Birmingham. Yes we go to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach a lot. Love it. Can't beat that white sand beach and fresh seafood. I'm too old to do much about it now days....but there's always a lot of "eye candy" in those bikini's that's not much more than threads.....

Sponsored

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
Undecided
Hopefully, in the end, the Maverick proves out to be great value. It's utility and price versus all other things I think will be great for many people. Especially coming at a time with high inflation and recession fears and also the car market itself is shifting toward Electric vehicles.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For most of my 76 years, I have somehow devolved into eternal pessimism, especially when it comes to government, corporations, and big business. I guess it comes from seeing so much disappointment. We were laughing on another thread about the 45 day email from Ford, and I saw an email pop up from Ford, thinking they were right on time with that 45 day notice. To my total surprise, it was a VIN number and February build date. I know that means little except that I should get it somewhere down the line. Maybe I could shoot July 4 fireworks from the bed - pessimism again.

Anyhow, I have just two major thoughts on the subject and very serious about both. First, I feel for those of you who have been waiting for so long - some for 14 months or more. I honestly wish they had built yours first and I mean that. Second, I am totally surprised it is being built, especially given that it is a Hybrid.

Lariat Hybrid, Luxury package, Moon Roof, SIBL,, CP360, CP360 Assist, Carpeted Floor Liners, etc. - Alto Blue. Now I will start looking at selling my 22 XLT EB FX$, ORP, Tow Pkg, DIBL, with quite a few minor add-ons. Carvana just shot me a $4,800 above MSRP offer.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you guys still waiting.
I'm not surprised yours is getting built ahead of others. There's a bigger profit in yours than in ones that are bare-bones. Ford needs to make money. :) I don't know if that's really why, but it would make sense.

Mine had a 5/9/22 Window sticker, a built date of 5/24/22, and a delivery date of 7/14/22. So from window sticker to delivery was about 9 weeks for me (and 4 of that was sitting in a train yard waiting to be picked up). I hope you get yours quicker.

Regardless of why you're getting yours sooner than others, congratulations! I'm fairly sure you're going to love it.

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just north of Birmingham. Yes we go to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach a lot. Love it. Can't beat that white sand beach and fresh seafood. I'm too old to do much about it now days....but there's always a lot of "eye candy" in those bikini's that's not much more than threads.....
[/QUOITE] I am actually headed back to South Padre Island tomorrow. I have had my Motor Home since Jan 1 and will stay until Feb 28. Just about 50 yards from beach and it is beautiful. Watch out for those bikinis. They will get you in trouble at any age.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JBryant I would not have pegged you as a pessimist. Congratulations on getting scheduled!

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JBryant I would not have pegged you as a pessimist. Congratulations on getting scheduled!
Oh well, PESSIMISM / OPTIMISM / REALISM. The shift happens often. I do live to have fun in life as it relates to people. I have survived 2 major back surgeries, a heart attack and open heart surgery with five bypasses 8 months ago, yet still put in 50+ hours a week. Try to love life, serve God, treat my fellow man with respect and put a smile on someone’s face each day. It has worked up to now and too old to change.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OK - I'm having a brain fart... What's "ORP" in your list of options?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not particularly picking on the OP here, but maybe for all it is a good time to take a breath and be reminded of a few things. And I am not looking for this to devolve into a political argument. Everyone in this forum has a roof over their head, food on their table, and the ability to buy a new vehicle even if an inexpensive one. We do not have to worry about our neighborhoods being bombed, or the government coming after you for your criticisms of them. You have a supercomputer in your pocket that will answer any questions you have, or show you pictures of a far away land. We live literally in the best/easiest time in human history. Today might be a day to be a little more optimistic.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not particularly picking on the OP here, but maybe for all it is a good time to take a breath and be reminded of a few things. And I am not looking for this to devolve into a political argument. Everyone in this forum has a roof over their head, food on their table, and the ability to buy a new vehicle even if an inexpensive one. We do not have to worry about our neighborhoods being bombed, or the government coming after you for your criticisms of them. You have a supercomputer in your pocket that will answer any questions you have, or show you pictures of a far away land. We live literally in the best/easiest time in human history. Today might be a day to be a little more optimistic.
Well I've always been an optimistic laid back type. I agree to some point and get a lot of what your implying - But I'm not really sold on your thought of " We live literally in the best/easiest time in human history. " Personally, I would love to go back to my youth in the 60/70's. Slower more personable pace of Life. We didn't have to lock our doors to the house and cars, people were respectful, none of this ever little thing is offensive, people weren't being killed by drive by shooters, heck we had rifles on the gun rack on the back window of our trucks in high school but they were for hunting and pleasure of target practice, skeet shooting, etc, not shooting up the school kids. Parents didn't have to worry about their kids getting kidnapped or murdered, in summer mom feed us breakfast and the majority of the time we were off on our bikes all over town, in the woods, skinny dipping in the creek, but be back by dinner time. Natural thing, no one was alarmed or worried, in todays time a parent (grandparent) can't hardly let their kids out of site. Todays world and society is a frickin nightmare going to hell in a hand basket. Do we have a lot to be thankful for, absoultely, but its not the best time in human history. That's my personal opinion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.