Dealer ordered wrong color

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Transit Connect
What to do? Dealer ordered wrong color.
I wonder how they should compensate me for having to wait another few months to get the vehicle I ordered?
Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck with that compensation....

For real though, everything should have been listed on your build sheet, did you not look? Also, if it hasn't gone into production yet, just ask them to change it to the color you want. So simple even a child could do it.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck with that compensation....

For real though, everything should have been listed on your build sheet, did you not look? Also, if it hasn't gone into production yet, just ask them to change it to the color you want. So simple even a child could do it.
Agreed. Seems to be a fair amount of fail here.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd take any color they sent my way.
Can't say the same. This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered custom built. It'd annoy me forever if I didn't get exactly what I wanted. If I were buying off the lot, I'd be pretty flexible...but there are still colors I wouldn't take. I'll keep details to myself so as not to offend unnecessarliy :)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When did you order? And that info is on the confirmation email you get the day your order is placed.. Did you over look this?
On the Ford "Your Order has been Confirmed" email there is a computer generated image of the Maverick in the color you ordered.

Not sure how the OP could not have seen that it was the wrong color.

Ford Maverick Dealer ordered wrong color Maverick Order Color.JPG

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Canada! That's different (not sure why, they don't have email in Canada?).. But I have heard you order blind there and its all on the dealer.. But there should of been an order confirmation to the dealer.. Either way i don't think the dealer is going to compensate you, if they do great if not just order from another dealer.. They lose the sale.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did see he from canada so they do not get emails it all has to go through the dealer.
Why is that rule in place?

Seems like another stupid rule to protect dealerships from competition so as to further screw their customers. :mad:

As for the OP would they have received a DORA?
If so the color is listed on it.

Sponsored

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is that rule in place?

Seems like another stupid rule to protect dealerships from competition so as to further screw their customers. :mad:

As for the OP would they have received a DORA?
If so the color is listed on it.
That I have no clue...I would guess he would..But i have just seen a lot of people saying canada doesnt get emails..

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm in the US and I still haven't received an email. I did change my color after placing the order and the dealer was able to change it and provided me a DORA with the correct color. I even changed a package and apparently was still able to do that.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Take the wrong color when it comes in, then when the correct color arrives later, sell the wrong color for a profit. Win win. 🤑

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
I changed my color twice, from Area 51 to Cactus Gray and back to Area 51. This was within a month of placing my order in June. You can make changes to your order until it is given the 02 Priority Code. Once you reach 02 your truck will be close to being scheduled, so check with your dealer to make sure you can still make the change.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have to say this sounds 50/50 on the blame.

I switched my bronco order around a few times and had to catch some things the dealership didn't. Not their fault - but it's why you take a second look.

When I ordered my Maverick I brought in an order sheet printed from Ford and said this is what I want. The manager came back with the sales agreement showed me the prices matched exactly and to review the sales agreement before signing. I did - signed it, he signed it in front of me - walked to the copier made a copy and gave it back to me.
Sponsored