GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really we should be able to create an account online at Ford to view status, trim and options. Like modern day online ordering normally works.

Even if we can't change it, just to double check especially when making changes to existing order throufh the dealer.

While I have a good dealer and got the build sheet/confirmation email, it still be nice to check order online just to make sure dealer didn't mess something up. Only to wait months and get the wrong vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
What to do? Dealer ordered wrong color.
I wonder how they should compensate me for having to wait another few months to get the vehicle I ordered?
You didn't say if you had told your dealer about this, if so seems they would have tried to correct it immediately. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is interested in seeing how this turns out, could you please let us know if anything happens? Thanks.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What color did you order, and what color did they build?

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't say the same. This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered custom built. It'd annoy me forever if I didn't get exactly what I wanted. If I were buying off the lot, I'd be pretty flexible...but there are still colors I wouldn't take. I'll keep details to myself so as not to offend unnecessarliy :)
Normally, I would agreed with you, but looking at a March or so delivery has changed my mind. If they accidentally moved me up the list, but it had to be a different color, I would take it.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered Area 51, and that what was listed on the order sheet. I changed my mind and called the dealer. No problem switching to Cyber Orange and the dealer sent me a new order sheet with the change.

OP
OP
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Transit Connect
When did you order? And that info is on the confirmation email you get the day your order is placed.. Did you over look this?
Ordered June 21 and build date is November 1. I'm in Canada so it isn't easy to look up anything and have to rely on dealer for information. My window sticker was just posted this morning. Going to dealer tomorrow to see what they are going to do about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Transit Connect
Good luck with that compensation....

For real though, everything should have been listed on your build sheet, did you not look? Also, if it hasn't gone into production yet, just ask them to change it to the color you want. So simple even a child could do it.
I have the build sheet the dealer gave me with everything correct when I ordered. I do not get any emails from Ford as being in Canada we just order from a dealer. No online reservations in Canada.

velvetsMT

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, F250. F350
On the Ford "Your Order has been Confirmed" email there is a computer generated image of the Maverick in the color you ordered.

Not sure how the OP could not have seen that it was the wrong color.

Maverick Order Color.JPG
That actually says NOT REPRESENTATIVE of vehicle so yeah not good to go by unless yours happened to be blue.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That actually says NOT REPRESENTATIVE of vehicle
All that means is that it is NOT an actual picture of your Truck.

so yeah not good to go by unless yours happened to be blue.
The color does match what you ordered. Mine is BLUE (Velocity Blue) because that is what I ordered. Others posting here with their emails from Ford show their colors (Red, Orange, Gray, etc).

So yes the color shown is what the buyer ordered.

YYCMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did see he from canada so they do not get emails it all has to go through the dealer.
Correct but we do sign a confirmation of order sheet, stating everything we are looking for this is signed by yourself and your sales rep so there’s that….

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine (Ontario,Canada) Oct 4th...no email from Ford. My deal is confirmed with the dealer (down payment, financing,etc). Colour is Cyber Orange so it's clearly listed on the bill of sale. Now it's 'hurry up and wait' time!!
So, in Canada ... can you order a "Cyber Orange" in the XL trim?
Sponsored