olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That actually says NOT REPRESENTATIVE of vehicle so yeah not good to go by unless yours happened to be blue.
mine showed my color i ordered as well.
Sponsored

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
I think you should look to see what’s out there on a lot and buy what you want. Hopefully they will not gouge you. That’s what I did. My dealer screwed up my order, so I bought one this Tues off of a lot that someone had ordered but didn’t buy it.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I changed my color twice, from Area 51 to Cactus Gray and back to Area 51. This was within a month of placing my order in June. You can make changes to your order until it is given the 02 Priority Code. Once you reach 02 your truck will be close to being scheduled, so check with your dealer to make sure you can still make the change.
I was told you can make changes until the VIN is assigned

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck with that compensation....

For real though, everything should have been listed on your build sheet, did you not look? Also, if it hasn't gone into production yet, just ask them to change it to the color you want. So simple even a child could do it.
I slept so many times since I ordered I had to check the email to remember "Catus Gray"!

Sponsored

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
I was told you can make changes until the VIN is assigned
Two days ago I called my dealer to see if I could add the spray-in bedliner I had removed earlier and he told me I couldn't change anything because my condition code was 02 and my truck was close to being scheduled. It may be that my VIN has been created, I haven't called Ford to ask about that yet. But you are correct, you most certainly cannot change anything on the order once the VIN has been created.

OP
OP
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Transit Connect
Good luck with that compensation....

For real though, everything should have been listed on your build sheet, did you not look? Also, if it hasn't gone into production yet, just ask them to change it to the color you want. So simple even a child could do it.
What to do? Dealer ordered wrong color.
I wonder how they should compensate me for having to wait another few months to get the vehicle I ordered?
Ok, went to the dealer yesterday and confirmed they actually ordered the cyber orange. They don't know who or why the color was changed as they ordered the correct color. They are getting in contact with regional, but not much can be done, but to order another one at this point.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, went to the dealer yesterday and confirmed they actually ordered the cyber orange. They don't know who or why the color was changed as they ordered the correct color. They are getting in contact with regional, but not much can be done, but to order another one at this point.
Multiple people have changed their color without reordering, unless it's a Canadian thing you should be able to change the color up until Ford previews it for scheduling.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I originally ordered Cyber Orange and then changed to Hot Pepper Red. I then made yet another change to my order to add FX4. No problems. I want to make yet a 3rd change but I think my salesman will get mad at me.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Multiple people have changed their color without reordering, unless it's a Canadian thing you should be able to change the color up until Ford previews it for scheduling.
You can’t make changes once you’ve been moved to PC 2 or when you’ve been assigned a VIN (scheduled for production).

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Ordered Cyber Orange - window sticker confirms area 51
I am so wanting Cyber Orange! Saw it at dealership. This will be my truck, hubby inherits my 2 year old Escape. But he thinks he has to have in color. What to do to convince him? Think I'd know cause we've been married 44 years!

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can’t make changes once you’ve been moved to PC 2 or when you’ve been assigned a VIN (scheduled for production).
That's why I said "up until Ford previews it for scheduling"

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is that rule in place?

Seems like another stupid rule to protect dealerships from competition so as to further screw their customers. :mad:

As for the OP would they have received a DORA?
If so the color is listed on it.
It's Canada!
Sponsored