Sponsored

Unlikely Scenario for MY22 Fulfillment of All Chapman Horsham Orders...

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(Full disclosure: I have a 10/26 order with Chapman-Horsham, no build date yet, and thus a vested interest in this subject...)

(Also - gonna edit this original post periodically when predictions are right ✅ or wrong...)

Let me start by saying that Chapman-Horsham has been awesome throughout the order process, and @Dealerinsider has been great about posting updates here about their ongoing allocations, scheduled vs. unscheduled, etc. They've additionally answered all my pesky emails along the way. I've heard nothing but great things from others who've already picked up their Mavericks from these guys, so I'm looking forward to eventually driving up there from Northern VA to pick up mine when my time comes!

How long will Ford keep producing the MY22 Mavs? This post from last night gives us the answer - production on MY22 will have to wrap up by late Sept or early Oct so that MY23 production can start in late Oct.

In watching the allocations, it seems that Horsham has received a remarkably consistent number; they got 89 for Nov-Dec (basically 44.5 per month), 43 for Jan, and 45 for Feb. I'm going to round up a little & go with 45 per month - and use that for the rest of the MY22 production year (call me an optimist...)

After January's allocations had been scheduled, Tom posted that they had 272 remaining unscheduled - 170 Hybrid (62.5%) and 102 Gas (37.5%). These numbers track pretty closely to the overall Ford-wide order numbers reported elsewhere (I think by @fordvideoguy) of an approximate 60%/40% hybrid/gas split.

It appears the scheduling rhythm is running with about a 2-month lag:
  • Week of 1/17, they were scheduling builds for the week of 3/14
  • Week of 1/24, builds for week of 3/21
  • Week of 2/7, week of 4/4 or 4/11 (we'll just use 4/11)
If we follow that same pattern, it looks like this:
Scheduling Email Week ("week of")Build Week ("week of")
14 Feb18 Apr ✅
21 Feb (No Mav scheduling week of 21 Feb)25 Apr
28 Feb2 May 25 Apr
7 Mar (No Mav scheduling week of 7 Mar)9 May
14 Mar16 May
21 Mar23 May
28 Mar30 May
4 Apr6 Jun
11 Apr13 Jun
18 Apr20 Jun
25 Apr27 Jun
2 May4 Jul
9 May11 Jul
16 May18 Jul
23 May25 Jul
30 May1 Aug
6 Jun8 Aug
13 Jun15 Aug
20 Jun22 Aug
27 Jun29 Aug
4 Jul5 Sep
11 Jul12 Sep
18 Jul19 Sep
25 Jul26 Sep
1 Aug3 Oct

After the 45 Feb allocations are scheduled, at the end of month (EOM), Chapman Horsham will have 227 unscheduled Mavericks left. Let's assume that the breakdown of how many hybrids vs. gas they get scheduled each month follows their 62.5%/37.5% hybrid/gas split. It seems plausible, as this would allow Ford to be producing each month at close to the overall 60%/40% hybrid/gas split, thus reducing the whole pool evenly as they wind down the MY22 builds.

So let's say that Chapman-Horsham is going to get the same average allocations (45) for the months of March, April, May, June, & July. Based on the 62.5%/37.5% split, the monthly breakdown would come out to 28 Hybrid allocations, and 17 gas allocations. The full breakdown would look like this:
Allocations
Unscheduled (as of EOM)
MonthTotalHybridGasTotalHybridGas
Jan43 ✅(not sure on these)(not sure on these)272 ✅170 ✅102 ✅
Feb45 ✅28 41 ✅17 4* ✅227 233* ✅142129 ✅85104* ✅
Mar45281718211468
Apr4528171378651
May452817925834
Jun452817473017
Jul452817220
* Ecoboost number went up from 102 after Tom's 21 Jan post (linked above), due to additional EB orders prior to the 27 Jan order cutoff.
# As of 2/24/22, still 2 remaining Feb allocations, so one or both of these numbers will change at actual EOM (Updated with EOM actuals on 3/8/22)

As noted in the build schedule estimate above, by the end of July's allocations, Ford would be sending out the very last "production scheduled" emails, for production taking place in very late September or early October, prior to the switchover to MY23. Those last 2 remaining unscheduled could probably be absorbed somewhere along the line, as this is all just assuming a constant average anyway, both in allocations & production volume (and parts availability!).

@fordvideoguy - Tim, I'd be interested to hear the breakdown on your remaining unscheduled as well as your allocations, to better understand if yours are tracking on a similar path.

Anyway, this exercise gave the spreadsheet geek in me something to play around with while I wait for a build date. I know I'm near the last 20% or so, given my late order date, so following this, I may very well not see a "production scheduled" email until June (which would mean late Aug/early Sep build date, and early-mid Oct for me to actually get the truck). As the famous philosopher Monty Burns once said...
Ford Maverick Unlikely Scenario for MY22 Fulfillment of All Chapman Horsham Orders... bidemytime
Sponsored

Last edited:

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice work on running all the numbers. It's too bad they don't schedule consistently based on order date; it would be really nice to know where they are now and figure out when you could expect to get scheduled.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish we had a little more insight on the orders per month that Chapman has, sort of like Tim did for us in a recent live stream. The huge bulk of the orders were June/July/August and once those get built the rest of the months should get done quickly.

I don't expect Ford to roll many of these over.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish we had a little more insight on the orders per month that Chapman has, sort of like Tim did for us in a recent live stream. The huge bulk of the orders were June/July/August and once those get built the rest of the months should get done quickly.

I don't expect Ford to roll many of these over.
Orders per month would be nice as far as figuring out *roughly* where I stand in the queue relative to Chapman's other orders. In any case, that would be assuming they were all being built FIFO, which we've seen is not always the case. Obviously dealer-assigned priority (10-19) matters, but if we're all at 10 (I believe that is Chapman's policy), then it's still a little uncertain which ones Ford picks first. It seems they are *mostly* scheduling the oldest orders first, with some exceptions along the way.

The raw numbers alone, given an assumed standard rate of allocations going forward (a big leap, I know), when combined with the known end of MY22 production, at least helped me narrow it down and manage my own expectations. In the end, it'll get here when it gets here... I'm still excited about getting one.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually just noticed my order confirmation with them was 10/5. So hopefully by May, I'll at least have a build date.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess what would help is we knew what percentage of trucks coming in at any time are hybrid vs eco. We could see 90% Ecos coming in until they are gone and then hybrids the rest of the way, which I hope is not the case. I ordered a week after you on 11/1 and hope to see it this year, but if its July, I'd rather see what the MY23 change will be and get one of the first of those.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
A friend and I ordered the same eco XL AWD a day apart in early January. He ordered from Chapman and despite the fact that mine has the SIBL option and CP360 where his has neither options, mine was scheduled two weeks later and he still hasn't heard anything. Based on that alone I especially don't think it bodes well for late January Chapman orders hearing anytime soon but maybe they'll get in before the model year changeover.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A friend and I ordered the same eco XL AWD a day apart in early January. He ordered from Chapman and despite the fact that mine has the SIBL option and CP360 where his has neither options, mine was scheduled two weeks later and he still hasn't heard anything. Based on that alone I especially don't think it bodes well for late January Chapman orders hearing anytime soon but maybe they'll get in before the model year changeover.
Yes, it will be a bit, but based on how scheduling has been over the last few months, I expect the last Eco orders to be built before my hybrid does.

Great movie and graphic novel by the way V

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess what would help is we knew what percentage of trucks coming in at any time are hybrid vs eco. We could see 90% Ecos coming in until they are gone and then hybrids the rest of the way, which I hope is not the case.
That was sort of my intent of this post - in addition to tracking total counts, specifically tracking the hybrids vs Ecoboost as we go forward.

Unlike many other dealers, @Dealerinsider has been very forthright here on MTC with how many of each they've been getting scheduled each month. Haven't yet heard the full breakdown for the week of 2/14, but they have 45 allocations for the month of Feb. For the first week's scheduling, at least during the preview phase, they had 23 being previewed and 20 were hybrids.

So depending on what got scheduled last week, at a minimum they were at about 50% hybrid for the whole month's allocations already.

I still don't expect a build date for a few months, but I'm still cautiously optimistic we'll get there.

I ordered a week after you on 11/1 and hope to see it this year, but if its July, I'd rather see what the MY23 change will be and get one of the first of those.
That's a totally valid point. Downside there is if they produce your ordered MY22 and you forego buying that one for a MY23, I suspect you wouldn't get any kind of discount against the MSRP increases they've rolled in already (as well as those that will inevitably come for the MY23 based on popularity alone).

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated the allocations chart today, with new information from Chapman Horsham. They have had 43 of their 45 Feb allocations scheduled, and 39 (!) of them were hybrids. They'll presumably get their remaining 2 Feb allocations scheduled next week (week of 28 Feb).

The 39 equates to 23% of all their Jan EOM 170 hybrids, taking them down to 131 unscheduled hybrids. Because they still have 2 Feb allocations left, this number could change (downward) after next Thursday.

As noted below the chart, the number of unscheduled EcoBoosts actually went up, because the previous Jan "EOM" number I'd used was Tom's 102, which he posted on 21 Jan. Since they were still taking EB orders until the cutoff of 27 Jan, their EcoBoost backlog at the actual EOM for Jan appears to have been 108, meaning their current unsched EB remainder is 104. Because they still have 2 Feb allocations left, this number could change (downward) after next Thursday.

I'll update the chart again late next week after we get insight into those last two Feb allocations.

The larger than expected number of Hybrids this month was a pleasant surprise - it means at EOM Feb Ford will be 11 closer to the goal of getting all the Chapman Horsham hybrids scheduled (and selfishly, it means they are 11 closer to scheduling mine, haha...)

Last edited:
Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered 8/20.

First build date: 2/28
Second build date: 3/28
Third build date: 3/14
Fourth build date: 3/7

Figure that one out........

I think you October and after orders are looking at MY23's..... Us early orderer's got lucky. Things are wacky, ain't nobodies fault.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 8/20.

I think you October and after orders are looking at MY23's..... Use early orderer's got lucky. Things are wacky, ain't nobodies fault.
Hey, at least yours are moving in the right direction... Hopefully it stays at 3/7 for you!

BobS

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Updated the allocations chart today, with new information from Chapman Horsham. They have had 43 of their 45 Feb allocations scheduled, and 39 (!) of them were hybrids. They'll presumably get their remaining 2 Feb allocations scheduled next week (week of 28 Feb).

The 39 equates to 23% of all their Jan EOM 170 hybrids, taking them down to 131 unscheduled hybrids. Because they still have 2 Feb allocations left, this number could change (downward) after next Thursday.

As noted below the chart, the number of unscheduled EcoBoosts actually went up, because the previous Jan "EOM" number I'd used was Tom's 102, which he posted on 21 Jan. Since they were still taking EB orders until the cutoff of 27 Jan, their EcoBoost backlog at the actual EOM for Jan appears to have been 108, meaning their current unsched EB remainder is 104. Because they still have 2 Feb allocations left, this number could change (downward) after next Thursday.

I'll update the chart again late next week after we get insight into those last two Feb allocations.

The larger than expected number of Hybrids this month was a pleasant surprise - it means at EOM Feb Ford will be 11 closer to the goal of getting all the Chapman Horsham hybrids scheduled (and selfishly, it means they are 11 closer to scheduling mine, haha...)
Thanks for doing this!

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Ordered 8/20.

I think you October and after orders are looking at MY23's..... Use early orderer's got lucky. Things are wacky, ain't nobodies fault.
Interesting in the unscheduled Ecoboost order thread there are people who ordered an Ecoboost through Chapman in October who still haven't been scheduled. That says a lot. I can't imagine how many people ordered through them in January when the order banks were closing.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Subscribed to thread… love the analysis and number crunching. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
Sponsored