First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
110% agree. This truck is BY FAR the “oldest” car I’ve ever owned in terms of people who drive it. It’s baffling sometimes what gets said here
Can we 100% agree that you can't possibly 110% agree? It'll give you more credence with me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup yup. This will be my first vehicle with any type of screen. As for touch screens, I must be part ectoplasm or something because they only intermittently react to my fingers; some never do no matter what. Having arthritis in the hands may play into that as a forecful poke at the screen is no longer an option from the get go.

Glad the screen can essentially be turned off (I believe it then only displays the clock on an otherwise black background) as that will be its default display for me.
So glad to hear it can be turned off. It sounds like it is annoying in the daytime and would REALLY be annoying at night.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why don't yall go pump you some water from the well and put it in a hand carved cup and go ride your horse into town... Then go home and sleep on some hay on a board.

C'mon... seriously?

There's good reasons why technology exists... it makes life easier, better, safer. It's not all necessary, but it's sure nice.

Is it just "cool" to reject technology? Funny how you select which ones... air conditioning & heat is good.. lights & power to tow.. you sleep in a house, on a mattress, and post on here with a computer or a mobile phone.... I think you'll be fine with a digital dash and radio
I bet you are one of those people who think we actually sent a man to the moon.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, these newfangled whiz-bang screens are too distracting.

This here is the easiest way to find a radio station!

1643237117952.png
Nah, this is much simpler... When I was a boy.....
Ford Maverick Electric Screen in Mavericks When I was a boy

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, these newfangled whiz-bang screens are too distracting.

This here is the easiest way to find a radio station!

1643237117952.png
Oh No, No, No that is one of new fangled radios with buttons. I just want to be able to turn them knobs. Plus that has a display with a red bar that indicates the radio station. I'd never use that, its blinding at night. :poop::eek:

I am 62 and I guess I am too hip for this crowd! LOL. Whatever floats your boat.

Sponsored

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although the Maverick's infotainment screen isn't very capable, I believe an upgraded one would be well worth considering. For instance, on an upgraded screen you can interface with your truck's computer. Don't like having to turn off the "auto shut off" feature every time you drive? You can adjust that through an upgraded head unit. Want to know your transmission temperature, you can get that through an upgraded head unit. I understand these are different and more complicated than older units, but take some time to learn about them and you can get more value from it.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why don't yall go pump you some water from the well and put it in a hand carved cup and go ride your horse into town... Then go home and sleep on some hay on a board.

C'mon... seriously?

There's good reasons why technology exists... it makes life easier, better, safer. It's not all necessary, but it's sure nice.

Is it just "cool" to reject technology? Funny how you select which ones... air conditioning & heat is good.. lights & power to tow.. you sleep in a house, on a mattress, and post on here with a computer or a mobile phone.... I think you'll be fine with a digital dash and radio
I don't know about the OPs case, but there is a growing reaction to the over digitalization of the current lifestyle. We spend so much time staring at LCD screens its not healthy (I say this as I type looking at a laptop screen, so the irony is not lost on me!).

I see this issue in my own life and am taking measures to reduce my screen time overall. No TV/streaming, trying to spend more time with the kid, if we watch something its a feature length movie, not some chopped up episodic. Basically trying to give my kid the childhood I had vs what I see a lot of kids getting today with their faces glued to a Iphone screen.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know about the OPs case, but there is a growing reaction to the over digitalization of the current lifestyle. We spend so much time staring at LCD screens its not healthy (I say this as I type looking at a laptop screen, so the irony is not lost on me!).

I see this issue in my own life and am taking measures to reduce my screen time overall. No TV/streaming, trying to spend more time with the kid, if we watch something its a feature length movie, not some chopped up episodic. Basically trying to give my kid the childhood I had vs what I see a lot of kids getting today with their faces glued to a Iphone screen.
Save the bells and whistles for the Mummers Parade. Or Mardi Gras.

:giggle:

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Out of corona the last two years have been some positives. People able to work from home and not spend two or three hours a day commuting away from their wife and children. Another that I have really noticed since I hike a lot is that there has been a huge increase in families doing things outdoors. I have seen more Dads(and Moms) hiking, fishing, bicycling, etc. with their kids in the last two years than I have in decades.
Sponsored