First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So glad to hear it can be turned off. It sounds like it is annoying in the daytime and would REALLY be annoying at night.
If its like my Escape, it darkens at night. Not annoying at all.
Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
screens can make your life more productive and help you achieve tasks more efficiently. "Hating screens" just for the sake of being grumpy over the fact that the world has moved on and you slept through it is kinda silly.

Reactions: Egz

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Why don't yall go pump you some water from the well and put it in a hand carved cup and go ride your horse into town... Then go home and sleep on some hay on a board.

C'mon... seriously?

There's good reasons why technology exists... it makes life easier, better, safer. It's not all necessary, but it's sure nice.

Is it just "cool" to reject technology? Funny how you select which ones... air conditioning & heat is good.. lights & power to tow.. you sleep in a house, on a mattress, and post on here with a computer or a mobile phone.... I think you'll be fine with a digital dash and radio
So he has a different opinion than you, does that make it any less valid? Or does your superiority reign so supreme he cannot ever post anything anywhere in disagreement with your ideals.
He posted his thread, feel free to disagree but mocking is infantile, wouldn't you agree?
Ignore the post, if it's so horrible to your sensibilities.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can turn the screen to just be a big clock, or turn it off completely. It may need to be toggled off every time you start. I'm not sure.

To toggle off, press the screen off button on the right hand side near the tune nob. It looks like a screen with a line through it.
Ford Maverick Electric Screen in Mavericks Screen1

Press it once, your screen turns to a clock with date. WiFi and AT&T LTE connections show in upper corner.
Ford Maverick Electric Screen in Mavericks Screen2

Press it again and the screen turns off
Ford Maverick Electric Screen in Mavericks Screen3

EASY PEASY!

Sponsored

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So he has a different opinion than you, does that make it any less valid? Or does your superiority reign so supreme he cannot ever post anything anywhere in disagreement with your ideals.
He posted his thread, feel free to disagree but mocking is infantile, wouldn't you agree?
Ignore the post, if it's so horrible to your sensibilities.
It's a different opinion, but it's a lousy one with no basis. And in a forum like this, I have the same right to point it out as he does to post.

It's absolutely ridiculous to intentionally avoid advancements in our world. Full stop.

Ignore my post, if it's so horrible to your sensibilities, though.

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guys, everything is cool. To each his own. Be kind. There is enough stress these days. No need to add to it about a part on a pick up truck.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guys who actually hate screens aren’t posting on forums that require a screen.

my dad hates screens. He’s 86 and just doesn’t get the fuss. Never would be post on a forum.

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It's a different opinion, but it's a lousy one with no basis. And in a forum like this, I have the same right to point it out as he does to post.

It's absolutely ridiculous to intentionally avoid advancements in our world. Full stop.

Ignore my post, if it's so horrible to your sensibilities, though.
I'm replying to his post, and your trivial and irrelevant response to it.
He is fully welcome to avoid any advancements he chooses, your condemnation of his choice fully reflects your intolerance of his choice as well as your inability to accept others.
You assert it is 'lousy' and 'has no basis', but you give no reason as to why this is so. This means you attack his reasoning with no basis' other than your own biases.
Please refrain from such personal condemnations, and allow him him opinions in his own posts. If you don't like it, there is an ignore feature.

Sponsored

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm replying to his post, and your trivial and irrelevant response to it.
He is fully welcome to avoid any advancements he chooses, your condemnation of his choice fully reflects your intolerance of his choice as well as your inability to accept others.
You assert it is 'lousy' and 'has no basis', but you give no reason as to why this is so. This means you attack his reasoning with no basis' other than your own biases.
Please refrain from such personal condemnations, and allow him him opinions in his own posts. If you don't like it, there is an ignore feature.
I gave reasons. You ignored them.

Technology is good. And more safe than the old stuff. Choosing the o ignore it on purpose is absolutely foolish. “I don’t need those new backup cameras. I know how to turn around” for example - sorry, the backup camera is safer. And Refusing to use it is actually a bad thing. Just one of many examples that could be made.

But go ahead and add me to your ignore list.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but it's so hard to text with a rotary dial phone...
Sponsored