Ecoboost Engine Cover Clarification

Thomasmcclellan37

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, Ecoboost, AWD Carbonized Grey
Had a guy tell mme that the engine cover would void the warranty due to holding to much heat. He claimed to be a Ford Engineer. Anyone heard of this before

Ford Maverick Ecoboost Engine Cover Clarification 80E6BBE1-33F7-4252-B49D-6E176755FAB9
Sponsored

Thomasmcclellan37

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I am a newbie I hope my post turns out okay. I have read about some confusion as to the parts required for the Ecoboost engine cover. My pic of the ball stud looks a little sketchy but hopefully it will suffice. The part that seems to give the most trouble is the driver rear ball stud. Use part #AA5Z-6N958-A for a perfectly flat fit of the cover.

Cover #K2GZ-6A949-A
Pass rear stud #AG9Z-00812-D
Driver ball stud #AA5Z-6N958-A

I have included a pic of the ball stud. The other stud is listed and shown when you search for the engine cover.

Also a few pics of my fully loaded Lariat, ordered July 15th, built October 8th, delivered January 22nd. only have 250 miles but so far I love it. It is as I had hoped, a perfect replacement for my sedan as it is the ultimate utility vehicle. More practical than a similar sized suv for me.

Driver Rear Ball Stud.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_9190.JPG

IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

IMG_9194.JPG

IMG_9196.JPG

IMG_9197.JPG

IMG_9198.JPG

IMG_9199.JPG

IMG_a9195.jpg
When I ordered mine they sent 2 (different part #’s of the passenger side stud. Did a little more digging and found the ball stud for the drivers side. Got it overnight and it was perfect.

Ford Maverick Ecoboost Engine Cover Clarification 331932E2-BE50-4B64-961E-6EACEC2649D8

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had a guy tell mme that the engine cover would void the warranty due to holding to much heat. He claimed to be a Ford Engineer. Anyone heard of this before

80E6BBE1-33F7-4252-B49D-6E176755FAB9.jpeg
Lol, no. That engine isn't specific to the Maverick, nor is it going to overheat the truck. The only thing that might happen is the fans upfront might spin 1 RPM faster for something. 😂

Thomasmcclellan37

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, no. That engine isn't specific to the Maverick, nor is it going to overheat the truck. The only thing that might happen is the fans upfront might spin 1 RPM faster for something. 😂
Yeah I know, everybody is an engineer. Not sure where he came from but he didn’t appreciate me calling him out on it.

OP
OP
Petar the Serb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Lariat (All Packages)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you got your cover, when I originally ordered my parts from my selling dealer, the parts guy ordered 10 of the passenger stud, lol. I'm like I only need 1 stud!
I just installed my Ford molded mud guards yesterday. Not totally thrilled with gap area behind the driver rear tire, (due to the resonator) however they look and fit nice and will stop the debris from beating up the bottom of the front doors. Rear is not a huge issue considering the plastic is substantial behind the tires.

Sponsored

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the whole ' ...will installing the engine cover hold heat and void the warranty' thing - has
anyone looked into adding the 'insulator' that sits below the cover and on top of the engine?
See Insulator - seems the bronco sport folks on the Bronco Sport forum have an active discussion
on this topic and it sounds like the insulator does a great job dampening the EB motor sounds - not sure if this creates a heat issue though... Anyone install a cover with the insulator as well on a Mav?

Did a 600+ mile trip in my Mav this past weekend from SF bay area to Reno and back w/ 3 bodies
inside. Loved the drive - truck zipped back and forth...but dang that motor makes lots of noises I
am not accustomed to from years of Toyota 4/6/8 and Acura 6 cylinder motors. Nothing bad...I guess just getting used to them is the key (our 2017 Audi Q5 w/ 2.0 turbo motor also has a loud
fuel pump ). I would love to quite down the Mav 2.0 EB though if this is a feasible solution...Thanks! :unsure:

D&Dmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI & Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also heard about overheating. I think it's BS

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the whole ' ...will installing the engine cover hold heat and void the warranty' thing - has
anyone looked into adding the 'insulator' that sits below the cover and on top of the engine?
See Insulator - seems the bronco sport folks on the Bronco Sport forum have an active discussion
on this topic and it sounds like the insulator does a great job dampening the EB motor sounds - not sure if this creates a heat issue though... Anyone install a cover with the insulator as well on a Mav?

Did a 600+ mile trip in my Mav this past weekend from SF bay area to Reno and back w/ 3 bodies
inside. Loved the drive - truck zipped back and forth...but dang that motor makes lots of noises I
am not accustomed to from years of Toyota 4/6/8 and Acura 6 cylinder motors. Nothing bad...I guess just getting used to them is the key (our 2017 Audi Q5 w/ 2.0 turbo motor also has a loud
fuel pump ). I would love to quite down the Mav 2.0 EB though if this is a feasible solution...Thanks! :unsure:
I drove 3 Mavericks - 2 XLT's + 1 Lariat/Lux- That voodoo Acoustic windshield is legit- Got the Lariat / ECO yesterday and its engine is way quieter than the 2 I drove months ago- Kind of odd..

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
That’s subjective, I didn’t find it excessively noisy without the cover, however it is quieter with the cover.
GDI engine pumps and injectors are noisy, a big reason for these covers.
Anyone in the San Antonio area, I have a really nice one I took off my wive's 19 Escape.
I will make you a good deal on it.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That insulator you have a link to is for the 1.5L ecoboost. If you enlage picture you see it for the 1.5L cover.

https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/a...ransaxle-Engine-appearance-cover/BS21260.html

Doesn't look like the 2.0L ecoboost cover uses an insulator

https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/a...ransaxle-Engine-appearance-cover/BS21295.html

The insulator that they are talking about on the Bronco forums is the under hood insulator, not the under engine cover insulator.

Also you need the following size wrenches/sockets:

Pass rear stud #AG9Z-00812-D (8 mm)
Driver ball stud #AA5Z-6N958-A (13mm)

Last edited:
Sponsored

Las Cruces FX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great post. I know whats coming next using the Ford Credit Card points. Sounds crazy, but already had a Ford Focus ST guy ask me to pop the hood. Paint the cover the same as the body color?

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I am a newbie I hope my post turns out okay. I have read about some confusion as to the parts required for the Ecoboost engine cover. My pic of the ball stud looks a little sketchy but hopefully it will suffice. The part that seems to give the most trouble is the driver rear ball stud. Use part #AA5Z-6N958-A for a perfectly flat fit of the cover.

Cover #K2GZ-6A949-A
Pass rear stud #AG9Z-00812-D
Driver ball stud #AA5Z-6N958-A

I have included a pic of the ball stud. The other stud is listed and shown when you search for the engine cover.

Also a few pics of my fully loaded Lariat, ordered July 15th, built October 8th, delivered January 22nd. only have 250 miles but so far I love it. It is as I had hoped, a perfect replacement for my sedan as it is the ultimate utility vehicle. More practical than a similar sized suv for me.

Driver Rear Ball Stud.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_9190.JPG

IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

IMG_9194.JPG

IMG_9196.JPG

IMG_9197.JPG

IMG_9198.JPG

IMG_9199.JPG

IMG_a9195.jpg
Thanks for the post. My Lariat is the same stud no problem. I have the all wheel drive and looking at this engine bay I am happy I sprung for the extended warranty because I just see a lot of labor hours to do anything on this truck. I am glad I looked now.
Sponsored