Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think I made the correct decision spending the extra. So many people here complain about the XL and the XLT Lux...... Who all wanted the cheapest and the least expensive rig and expect the best of everything; Those trucks were meant for FLEET. Meaning they were meant for short distance; and In and out of the vehicle and doing WORK. Not for LONG drives and hauling the family around.

I don't get it........ Folks are Gonna complain that they didn't get the BEST of everything without paying for it.

Totally blows my mind....... I am a FORD guy; through and through. But I have owned the XL Ranger (1990s; which I went the the salvage yard and got Explorer seats) all the way the 2017 ULTIMATE F350; Sold it in the pandemic (they gave me more than I paid.......) and got a 2018 F350 lariat (Less BS electronics and the same comfort) THe Lairat is the Best of all packages for the price (My opinion only).

I Will take delivery of my Maverick; and I will give a thorough unbiased review. (Other than its a Ford; cuz I only own them) But all I see is the Maverick "Sucks" from people that never owned a LOWER end ford. If you want Comfort you pay for it. If you want basic; you get what you pay for.

Sorry I took over this thread, but I really want to know what the Lariat seats are like. I Can't find one around to just sit in. I am 300 lbs 6'4" and OLD. My Lariat Dually is so; so very comfy. If this Maverick is even close to that; I will be happy.

Sorry again for stealing the thread. But Really...... did you expect the best comfort from the XL and XLT?

Regards,
SHREK
You're assuming a lot saying the seats of the xlt are for fleet vehicles aren't you since you don't own one.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The seats are one of the things I hate the most about the truck. I have a 23 Lariat Lux BAP so as "comfortable" as it can get. I've put a seat cushion down and it does help some, but my legs still go numb on long trips. Tried all kinds of seating positions, but nothing works. Almost traded it in after a month because of it, but the market had already dropped to where I wouldn't get out what I paid for it.

I will say the Lariats are more comfortable than the XLT ones, but I think they are too soft as well. My problem with the XLT is that one of the seams on the seats is right where your ass is supposed to sit. I rented one for two days and hated it.

TKranbuhl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traded in my '22 Maverick about a month ago for a new '24. Still haven't been able to find the "sweet spot" seat adjustment of the old one. I've adjusted it fifty times and it's just not the same. I guess I'll try fifty more times.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have electric driver seat so ours is super comfortable- wife at 5'4" and me at 5'9" can get just the right spot.

Pharmboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Lariat Hybrid and I agree with a previous post. If I could adjust the bottom cushion up on the front of the seat I think I would be comfortable. Much more than an hour on the road and it gets uncomfortable for me. The front of the seat pivots but you can't adjust it separately.

Sponsored

Mav Mav World

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my 2024 Maverick Lariat. I am experiencing pain in my left thigh due to the seat's side curvature pushing on my outer thigh. The seat is "bucket-like". A one mile ride hurts me. I am concerned about long-distance drives. I am 5' 10" and 188 lbs.

Looking for solutions:

Has anyone else found the driver's seat uncomfortable in this way with their Maverick Lariat? If so, have you found any solutions to improve comfort, such as seat adjustments or aftermarket cushions?

SVTRIDE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone has their likes and needs but for me I have zero complaints on my lariat seats. If I could wish for one other option to be available it would be cooled seats in addition to the current heated seats.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 6'2" 240 and my XLT seats are comfortable.

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have two other vehicles, one costs 2x as much as the Mav (XL here), the other 3x. The Mav has the most comfortable seats of the bunch. And my first drive in it was buying it in Washington and driving it home to Wisconsin. So I'd say they're great for its price. None of my sizes have an X in them, if that makes a difference with seat comfort.

Sponsored

Fiumaram

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat Lux White BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1 month into a 2023 leftover Lariat BAP. Seat comfort was my main hesitation on pulling the trigger after a test drive. At 5' 6", I firmly believe these seats were designed for a person 5' 10" and up. I wound up taking the seat out (fairly easy; 4 bolts and 1 electrical connector) and inserting a 1" thick foam pad between the metal springy mesh and the white seat foam under just the rear section of the seat. Made a big difference to raise my butt and align my back with the seat back curves

WNCMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1 month into a 2023 leftover Lariat BAP. Seat comfort was my main hesitation on pulling the trigger after a test drive. At 5' 6", I firmly believe these seats were designed for a person 5' 10" and up. I wound up taking the seat out (fairly easy; 4 bolts and 1 electrical connector) and inserting a 1" thick foam pad between the metal springy mesh and the white seat foam under just the rear section of the seat. Made a big difference to raise my butt and align my back with the seat back curves
Did you happen to snag a picture of this? What kind of foam did you use?

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The lack of a separate angle adjuster for the bottom cushion makes it tough for me to dial in the seat. The lack of that adjustment is a massive failure on Ford's part, especially because that was available on my mid trim Accord from 2002...
I'm really uncomfortable in the 2013 Ford Escape. I ordered this and waited almost a year having never sat in one. The seat is a little better for me than the escape, but I do wish that it would articulate more. I’d like to lower the front a bit (or raise the back). The bottom cushion is the worst part for me as well.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn