Sponsored

do some of the Maverick colors look like wet putty?

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
more like wet concrete imo

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
I'm colorblind so I think majority to my eyes seem pastel. Maybe why I was drawn to Cactus and Terrain. I may wrap my Terrain in Matte clear. I have no explanation but the other colors besides Iconic,oxford and black are ugly to me. But then again I can barely dress myself decent without help on colors.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hot Pepper Red doesnt!:cool:

Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've always considered the new 'Earth' colors to be reminiscent of my childhood modeling clay.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in the 50's, fleet cars were gray, at least the ones the State of California purchased for pool cars. Gray as in Cactus gray. Then in the 60's fleet beige came into vogue. As in Terrain. What has changed is the clearcoat makes those colors richer today.

My take: with the trend in general of going back [I won't say exactly retro] to the 50's modern in residential architecture and furniture, it is only natural to see the same in the automotive world.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw my first azure Mav in person today. Did look a little different.

Plus that guy is a little too much.

Sponsored

Lightning

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw my first azure Mav in person today. Did look a little different.

Plus that guy is a little too much.
My Azure is a great color. Changes depending on the light. Sometimes it's an ice blue other times a deep purple/blue or even a denim.

Ford Maverick do some of the Maverick colors look like wet putty? Screenshot_20240312_185007_Photos

Ford Maverick do some of the Maverick colors look like wet putty? Screenshot_20240312_185250_Photos

Ford Maverick do some of the Maverick colors look like wet putty? Screenshot_20240312_185152_Photos

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's all about cost. All these non-metallic/non-pearl grey-based "Nardo" colors are relatively pretty cheap to produce. Black & white are the cheapest. Our beautiful Azure Grey is definitely not "Nardo"! And it costs extra due to the pearl.
And all this is nothing new. One of the best Ford colors was from the 1970's, "Dove Grey":
Ford Maverick do some of the Maverick colors look like wet putty? ford_thunderbird-pic-6874717626162495661-1600x1200

Last edited:

Pee Dee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude needs to cut back on the caffeine; I couldn't handle more than 30 seconds of that rant.

As for contemporary auto paint, I'd call it sort of a low gloss enamel, similar to a lot of the 60s and 70s cars and trucks. Except candy colors were more popular then. I'll take the earth tones over lime green and canary yellow any day.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in the 50's, fleet cars were gray, at least the ones the State of California purchased for pool cars. Gray as in Cactus gray. Then in the 60's fleet beige came into vogue. As in Terrain. What has changed is the clearcoat makes those colors richer today.

My take: with the trend in general of going back [I won't say exactly retro] to the 50's modern in residential architecture and furniture, it is only natural to see the same in the automotive world.
Where’s the Avocado and Turquoise?

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where’s the Avocado and Turquoise?
RE: Where's turquoise = I actually saw turquoise but I am not exactly certain if it was on a new small Chevrolet SUV or a Subaru. Haven't seen avocado yet.

I did see a light green used by Chevy in the 1950-53 cars on a new small Chevrolet SUV today after I posted my first observations. Sorry but it is late and I don't have the energy to go to the Chevy website and sift through colors. Again, to my eye it is the clearcoat used today that make those tones pop.
Sponsored