Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick One of These Things Is Not Like the Others 2022-06-03 17.00.21

I'll just repeat what the woman who saw me load up my Maverick with supplies said.

"It's clear who definitely doesn't have any compensation issues here."
Sponsored

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right on!

That is honestly the thing I am liking the most about the Maverick. I want a vehicle that is not enormous but has the benefit of a truck bed and a little more ground clearance than my GTI. Lets face it my GTI went places it had no business being. I do a lot of mountain biking and hiking and some of those access roads are not friendly to it. My 73 beetle has more clearance and it has better times getting to some of my favorite spots.

I am not a contractor and don't need a Ferd F-teenthousand nor do I need to prove anything to anyone that says it is not a real truck. "No hate to anyone that has larger vehicles, its just not my preference."

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey no compensation issues but I got my last too high 4x4 as a midlife crisis that my wife would say… kept it for 15 years.. now a 21 Ranger for me with her Maverick hopefully being built soon.. her later life crisis 😂

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey no compensation issues but I got my last too high 4x4 as a midlife crisis that my wife would say… kept it for 15 years.. now a 21 Ranger for me with her Maverick hopefully being built soon.. her later life crisis 😂
Well, I'm just repeating what someone else said. But while I'm not going to bag on people who have super big trucks and then lift them and spend 15 minutes trying to park them in a standard spot, I certainly don't want the hassle of that.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

😂 after a couple of years I could park it into compact car only spaces, the off-road experiences showed me exactly where I could fit or not… it became a nonissue..

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered mine to specifically make people think I'm huge!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

😂 after a couple of years I could park it into compact car only spaces, the off-road experiences showed me exactly where I could fit or not… it became a nonissue..
Just for reference, I grew up driving Econolines, then class B trucks, then semis. At 13 I could back my brothers race car trailer into his jack-knifed behind the house garage. Drove crew cab F650s with 15ft beds hauling 30ft trailers. Drove dump trucks at Lake Ozark where I usually had to back truck and trailer down to the lake for about a half mile dowhill to the rich folk hoses on the waterfront. Like the Bandit said to the Snowman when he hopped on a forklift, "I can drive any forking thing"!

But the fun thing about small vehicles is you can really show off in em. You can zip through town like a bolt of lightning. With the 2200lb capacity of my Comanche and the 7,000lb tow rating of my Bronco and the A/C, comfort, and mileage of my Maverick. I can do pretty much anything that I wouldnt rather just rent a commercial truck from Penske for. Especially when the cost of a modern HD starts at 50k.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the 2200lb capacity of my Comanche and the 7,000lb tow rating of my Bronco and the A/C, comfort, and mileage of my Maverick. I can do pretty much anything that I wouldnt rather just rent a commercial truck from Penske for. Especially when the cost of a modern HD starts at 50k.
A couple of contractors who were shopping at the Home Depot when I was asked if they could look at the Maverick.

They left thinking that they'd buy a hybrid model, which would work for what they did on a day to day basis and that they'd keep their Super Duty around for the few times a month where they needed it.