DIY Spray-In Bedliner Recommendation?

G_man2003

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 2020 Ford Edge Titanium
Anybody have any recommendations on do it your self spray in bed liner? I don’t have my truck yet but I’m shopping around for the liner.
Sponsored

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you really want to risk a DIY job with a brand new truck? I mean... this is not stick and peel stuff. This is stick and permanent stuff. IMHO, not worth the risk. It’s not a beat up 1995 ranger.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you really want to risk a DIY job with a brand new truck? I mean... this is not stick and peel stuff. This is stick and permanent stuff. IMHO, not worth the risk. It’s not a beat up 1995 ranger.
Depends...
Some individuals are disciplined enough to research thoroughly, understand a process, make sure they have the appropriate tools and equipment, and plan well enough to do a professional job.
Often they exceed a professional job because they're vested in the outcome, it being something they have to live with. That, and people may have various related skills that might make this a cakewalk. I do not know the OP's background or skill-sets.

I sprayed one of my trucks many years ago and the results were fantastic, better than my current Chevrolet's factory spray in. The product I used was SEM and used the proper cutting tape and prepped properly without skimping on anything.

Was it to save money? Probably not, I likely spent more in the end, but SEM makes an outstanding product. Looked new for many years. I am glad I did it then, but at this point in my life, my time is better spent in other endeavors. I certainly wouldn't discourage someone from pursuing it.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
None of the DIY liners I’ve ever seen last long term… best bang for the buck is to have it professionally done.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None of the DIY liners I’ve ever seen last long term… best bang for the buck is to have it professionally done.
I've seen the single-component ones sold in the auto parts stores that are rolled on and I agree with you on that. The SEM product is not a DIY product, and it may be beyond what the OP was looking for. But I can assure you, one can attain a professional job at home, but that goes for auto painting too. It all depends on the person.

After reading the OP's post again, they did mention a DIY solution.

The most cost effective solution is to have it professionally done.

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody have any recommendations on do it your self spray in bed liner? I don’t have my truck yet but I’m shopping around for the liner.
Somebody here did a diy bed cover out of MDF and covered it with bed liner. I don't remember if he brushed or sprayed it. Search for it.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I did Monsta Liner inside and out on my CJ7. 12 years later looked as good as new when I sold it.

https://www.monstaliner.com/

Would do it again. Just take a little time and research to do it right.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am considering the Raptor DIY kit. It includes a spray gun. The biggest thing for a DIY spray in is the prep work which also takes the longest. Poor prep and the liner will turn out poor.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok I have a bit of experience with bed liners in all of my business trucks I found out the bullet and line x are the best out there for diy I don’t recommend any of the roll on type if your going to used it for light duty the raptor liner works the best, prep work is key..

Sponsored

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the prep work
Exactly. Like most finishes, especially spray, the bulk of the time and effort is in the prep work. Proper cleaning and degreasing, proper abrading for adhesion, maintaining the prepared area without contaminating, and so forth. If you get all that right, the next challenge is applying the finish using the proper technique and maintaining the right environment for curing. It can be done.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you on that Have you ever seen them do a SIBL MESSY. This a case of Do It Yourself and Save doesn't apply
Sponsored