First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put in an order for a 2023 lariat lux hybrid with remote start at MSRP. By the time I put in the order and got confirmation I realized that the spray in bedliner was optional and I did not select it.

I am concerned about aftermarket spray in bed liners and I am a little OCD about things being done right and looking clean/stock. I am also not in a rush to get my Maverick, but I don’t want to get pushed to 2024.

1. Can I go to the dealer and change my order?
2. Would this be a bad idea?
3. Thoughts on aftermarket solutions?

I would appreciate any feedback!
Sponsored

Johnm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) yes you should be able to change it
2) the bed liner was a heavy constant with the "22s and i would be willing to bet that it will be again. so that will slow down ford making it.
3) aftermarket is usually just as good if not better. just do your research for your area and find someone reputable and skilled

OP
OP
IceHeater

IceHeater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) yes you should be able to change it
2) the bed liner was a heavy constant with the "22s and i would be willing to bet that it will be again. so that will slow down ford making it.
3) aftermarket is usually just as good if not better. just do your research for your area and find someone reputable and skilled
Thank you for the response. I was thinking about quickly going in to change my order.

If I did change my order do you think it would change my priority as well? On top of the delay for the spray-in bedliner.

I will definitely start looking to find a reputable and skilled vendor in Oregon. Thank you!

Johnm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only reason it should change your priority is if you were already at a 02. anything else should be fine

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put in an order for a 2023 lariat lux hybrid with remote start at MSRP. By the time I put in the order and got confirmation I realized that the spray in bedliner was optional and I did not select it.

I am concerned about aftermarket spray in bed liners and I am a little OCD about things being done right and looking clean/stock. I am also not in a rush to get my Maverick, but I don’t want to get pushed to 2024.

1. Can I go to the dealer and change my order?
2. Would this be a bad idea?
3. Thoughts on aftermarket solutions?

I would appreciate any feedback!
1. The trip to and from the off site body company will delay the production of your truck.
2. You have to live with your decision either way.
3. Lots of shops do an excellent job. Picking one for the right price is part of the aftermarket pick and choose fun times. I've seen the quality put into the SIBL my dealer installs and what it looks like on a brand new and year old truck.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dropped the factory SIBL because it was constrained. The dealer does rhinolinerr so I had them do it. They took ford points so it was half price. They did an absolutely perfect job, zero complaints.

My take is the factory is motivated to crank them out as fast as possible while a local dealer is more concerned with pleasing their customer.

IIRC the SIBL is still a constraint item but even if it isn't, a good strategy is to drop anything that can be added after delivery so you don't get slowed down.

Freckles

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Edge, 2021 Transit Connect, 2022 Maverick XLT
My 2022 XLT ......I ordered it with all the constrained items...sibl, soft tonneau cover, mud flaps, etc. I dd not remove anything. Took 405 days from ordering to receiving, but everything ordered was fulfilled. Worth the wait. My only regret was not getting the Lariat, which I remedied by ordering a 2023 Lariat with all the same options (plus adaptive cruise control) and color (Alto Blue).
Sponsored