Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So that's the key to it.
So the Replacement is bolt on? I figured this was possible if buying new replacement. Eventually these may be sold painted. The factory has at least one spot weld. Seen on a YouTube video and confirmed at the junk yard were the replacement panel I found had paint loss due to needing to heat to remove the weld.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So the Replacement is bolt on? I figured this was possible if buying new replacement. Eventually these may be sold painted. The factory has at least one spot weld. Seen on a YouTube video and confirmed at the junk yard were the replacement panel I found had paint loss due to needing to heat to remove the weld.
Well on the 2023 that I JUST REMOVED the quarter panel there was NO spot welds - possibly earlier production did however there was zero on this truck. Even in the factory manual it showed some welds - none of the welds were where it wouldn't be covered by trim or bumper cover tho.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tru' dat. Neighbor is having issues finding a body man to fix rust hole in newly acquired '74 Grand Marquis.
A repair like that can go south in a hurry. Usually the surface is only small evidence of the body cancer below on older vehicles. Said most owners - " I didnt want to spend THAT much" ........ LOL

Sponsored

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well on the 2023 that I JUST REMOVED the quarter panel there was NO spot welds - possibly earlier production did however there was zero on this truck. Even in the factory manual it showed some welds - none of the welds were where it wouldn't be covered by trim or bumper cover tho.
That is great. Glad that this was worked out in production. I had looked into this because someone creased the quarter panel on my then almost brand new 2023 hybrid. I ended up having the minor body work and repaint done…. 1.2K later. Thanks for posting on this.

merlin101

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Insurance for my Maverick is cheap. Less money than my wife's 4 year old Jeep Cherokee and almost exactly the same as my 18 year old Ranger was. I figure the reason for them is basically these vehicles are cheaply priced and safe. Total a Mav, 30K or so gone. One day is the hospital running tests, setting broken bones and maybe an MRI and you can burn through that in no time.

Of course, I am no doctor or insurance agent. I just play them on the internet. :)
Insurance costs are the real indicator IMO on if a vehicle is expensive to repair or not--They're the ones that make it their business to know if something is expensive to fix. Of course, general statistical likelihood of any accident in the first place does play into things as well (IE, Maverick owners might be statistically safer drivers/less likely to get into accidents on average). But if insurance costs are low that's a really good sign either way.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
even if your truck has a few spot welds they are easy to drill out with a spot weld drill bit. if needed a few rivnuts will get you back together cheap.

Sponsored

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add more speakers when you find the Room!
A repair like that can go south in a hurry. Usually the surface is only small evidence of the body cancer below on older vehicles. Said most owners - " I didnt want to spend THAT much" ........ LOL
Very true but in his case the car has 35k original miles and rust hole is by trunk lid where leaves collected and you don't come across many like that anymore.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this the "Average" bodyshop?? :D

IN and OUT in less than 30 minutes... :ROFLMAO:
Jerry

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is great. Glad that this was worked out in production. I had looked into this because someone creased the quarter panel on my then almost brand new 2023 hybrid. I ended up having the minor body work and repaint done…. 1.2K later. Thanks for posting on this.
I'm painting tonight lol

Ford Maverick DIY Quarter Panel Replacement - So Fun 20230911_192251

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very true but in his case the car has 35k original miles and rust hole is by trunk lid where leaves collected and you don't come across many like that anymore.
Yeah that is really unusual and super cool. I had a Mercury Montego in high school and repainted it for prom - I'm not sure the paint wasn't just a little bit wet when I went to pick up my date hahahaha I remember I used DuPont's centauri enamel single stage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well late nite at the shop - painted and clear coated few days cure then buff. Whew. Video coming soon 😁

Ford Maverick DIY Quarter Panel Replacement - So Fun 20230911_210253
Sponsored