bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. Why not use the scrap to fill the voids?
Sponsored

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have about 8 of these under my boat shelter for my Buick .. The thought did run across my mind glad someone carried it through Excellent Job!!(y)

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope this is helpful for people looking to DIY a bed mat. I purchased the horse stall mat from Tractor Supply ($47.00). Uncut, the mat is 4' x 6' x 3/4" and weighs a hefty 94lbs. I thought about using power tools to cut it, but after doing some brief Youtube research, I decided to cut it with a utility knife. It takes multiple passes with a new blade to cut through the material, but it wasn't too much work.

IMG_6381.JPG

The main thing you need to do is cut the mat to the length of the bed, cut out the sections for the wheel wells, and then cut out to pieces for the tie downs near the front of the bed. To get a clean cut for the tie downs section, I used a forstner bit on the corners.

IMG_6385.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

I also used a belt sander to break the sharp edges and round the back corners.

IMG_6391.JPG

That's basically it. It took about a couple of hours of work to plan and make all the cuts. Here it is in the truck:

IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG
Outstanding work !!!!!!!

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great job and price! I did get the Ford bed mat but it didn't have the holes for the bed hooks.I will use your idea for cutting out for the holes.Thanks for posting!

Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps! Someone on reddit suggested using epoxy or some other means to glue them together. I'm going to do some experimentation with the scrap to see if its worth it.
You probably don't even need to do that. Just make it as snug as possible and it won't move.

Ztnichol

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope this is helpful for people looking to DIY a bed mat. I purchased the horse stall mat from Tractor Supply ($47.00). Uncut, the mat is 4' x 6' x 3/4" and weighs a hefty 94lbs. I thought about using power tools to cut it, but after doing some brief Youtube research, I decided to cut it with a utility knife. It takes multiple passes with a new blade to cut through the material, but it wasn't too much work.

IMG_6381.JPG

The main thing you need to do is cut the mat to the length of the bed, cut out the sections for the wheel wells, and then cut out to pieces for the tie downs near the front of the bed. To get a clean cut for the tie downs section, I used a forstner bit on the corners.

IMG_6385.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

That's basically it. It took about a couple of hours of work to plan and make all the cuts. Here it is in the truck:

IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG
Looks awesome!!

timcal

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6385.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG
Did you have to anchor to bed or did weight hold it in place.
I drive 80% highway

Sponsored
OP
OP
ebxltfwd

ebxltfwd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost XLT Carbonized Gray
Did you have to anchor to bed or did weight hold it in place.
I drive 80% highway
it’s so hefty it’s not going anywhere. I even had a scrap piece 3” x 30” sitting in the bed and it didn’t move around while driving on the highway.

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. I'm a mid aged retired veteran and would sincerely appreciate it if you could share the measurements for the cuts. Start/end for wheel well angle, tie downs, etc.. I'm sure it took some thinking and would certainly be helpful. Thanks

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did that with my old Ford Ranger but I used a big piece of cardboard for the template and cut it with a jig saw.
The jig saw sounds like a great idea

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased the horse stall mat from Tractor Supply ($47.00). Uncut, the mat is 4' x 6' x 3/4" and weighs a hefty 94lbs.
You do good work!

My second purchase for my Maverick was a 3'x4' mat from Tractor Supply, which weighs only 36 lbs and I didn't have to do any cutting.

I showed it to my wife, who said, "You paid Line-X to spray your truck bed and then you put a rubber mat on top?"

She just doesn't understand.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat t1
Sponsored