First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my Mav and didn't have a bedliner or mat so I figured I'd try my hand at making my own. I picked up two packs of these anti-fatigue mats from harbor freight today https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html.

They are 25" x 25" each so it took a bit of cutting to get them to fit. Originally I only was gonna use one pack but I didn't like the look of the exposed paint at the end.

Ford Maverick DIY bed mat with Harbor Freight Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Tiles 1676178167649

I ran back to the store and picked up another four pack+ some zip ties and double-sided 3M tape. Cut the rest to fit, and I think it turned out pretty good!

Ford Maverick DIY bed mat with Harbor Freight Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Tiles 1676178278060

As far as keeping them from blowing out I glued the entire thing together with a white gorilla glue pen, and then ziptied the front tiles through the fastener holes by the cab. I also put a couple strips of double sided tape underneath the mat towards the tailgate xD.

I took it down a country road nearby and got to like 85 with no issues of it flying out so I don't think it'll pose too much of problem. As far as durability I don't really intend to use my Mav for much heavy duty work, just moving the occasional couch, tailgating, and ski/camping gear the times I get to go.

It's not perfect but for a total of like ~$25 and a few hours of effort I'm not sure I could have done much better haha. Just wanted to make a post in case anyone else on here was considering doing something similar. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great. But if you want to get twice the durabiliity for twice the price go get some water resistant fabric or vinyl or even a thin rubber mat material like they have on rolls at home depot. Then glue that down to your foam mats. That way the seams wont get pulled on when you occasionally load something. It will make it last nicely twice as long and look seamlesss while being smooth and comfy.

OP
OP
tpr2

tpr2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. But if you want to get twice the durabiliity for twice the price go get some water resistant fabric or vinyl or even a thin rubber mat material like they have on rolls at home depot. Then glue that down to your foam mats. That way the seams wont get pulled on when you occasionally load something. It will make it last nicely twice as long and look seamlesss while being smooth and comfy.
That's a pretty solid idea! It could definitely use some better waterproofing

sarduyjorge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I while back a member posted he purchased feom homedepot a carpet that's made for exterior, weatherproof and the image looked great

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have some of those harbor freight foam tiles in my garage, I don’t particularly like them. Trashed a few of them recently after only I think two years too. They flatten easily with weight that stays on them for awhile, seem to retain dirt and grime badly, hard to clean and the worst part is any liquid soaks through them easily….like oil or simply water from vehicles just driven in the rain from what I found.

And I used gorilla tape to seal the joints where the tiles connect too. Didn’t help.

What you did works as a cheap solution but if your repeatedly going to get dirt or water in the bed, I’d redo it with something else since you may end up with them getting wet and moldy on the underside like I’ve found with parking or working on vehicles around them. They are ok as long as they don’t have a lot of weight sitting on them or remain dry most of the time from my experience.

For myself I just use a 1/8th inch thick 5x7 rubber mat I bought from Amazon that I cut to fit. I didn’t permanently mount it down as I typically roll it up/remove it to clean out the bed after loading bags of dirt, mulch or rocks. No problems with mold or water retention either and I can drive on the highway with the bed open and it won’t move as the mat itself has some weight to it.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be a bit concerned of moisture being trapped underneath since it's non-porous. Can't argue with the price though.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like it for a quick and dirty solution. Even if you decide not to keep it in there permanently, it would make a good throw-in mat for when you need to carry something you want to protect the truck from (and vice-versa).

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You did an awesome job! Looks great.

OP
OP
tpr2

tpr2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like it for a quick and dirty solution. Even if you decide not to keep it in there permanently, it would make a good throw-in mat for when you need to carry something you want to protect the truck from (and vice-versa).
This is actually what I think I'm gonna do. It sorta fell apart going down the freeway the other day. It's really just too light to sit in the bed without any weight on it. But it still folds up nicely in the backseat for when I don't need it. Maybe I'll pursue a more permanent solution later on.

Sponsored

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use NoTrax Pebble Step Sof-Tred™ with Dyna-Shield® Antifatigue Mat/Runner around the house and to put in the truck bed as needed since it will absorb water. It'll do for now till I decide on a SIBL.
Ordered another roll to use in this tuck from Zoro using 20% discount they email me monthly.

NoTrax - https://notrax.justrite.com/415-pebble-step-sof-tred-anti-fatigue-mat

Zoro -
4'x8' https://www.zoro.com/notrax-antifat...ft-l-38-thick-pvc-foam-415s0048bl/i/G2395779/

4'x6' https://www.zoro.com/notrax-antifat...ft-l-38-thick-pvc-foam-415s0046bl/i/G2395797/

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
HarborFreight

Ford Maverick DIY bed mat with Harbor Freight Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Tiles 623DE6B7-7618-41B2-AC38-F63C19941441

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my Mav and didn't have a bedliner or mat so I figured I'd try my hand at making my own. I picked up two packs of these anti-fatigue mats from harbor freight today https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html.

They are 25" x 25" each so it took a bit of cutting to get them to fit. Originally I only was gonna use one pack but I didn't like the look of the exposed paint at the end.

1676178167649.png

I ran back to the store and picked up another four pack+ some zip ties and double-sided 3M tape. Cut the rest to fit, and I think it turned out pretty good!

1676178278060.png

As far as keeping them from blowing out I glued the entire thing together with a white gorilla glue pen, and then ziptied the front tiles through the fastener holes by the cab. I also put a couple strips of double sided tape underneath the mat towards the tailgate xD.

I took it down a country road nearby and got to like 85 with no issues of it flying out so I don't think it'll pose too much of problem. As far as durability I don't really intend to use my Mav for much heavy duty work, just moving the occasional couch, tailgating, and ski/camping gear the times I get to go.

It's not perfect but for a total of like ~$25 and a few hours of effort I'm not sure I could have done much better haha. Just wanted to make a post in case anyone else on here was considering doing something similar. What do you guys think?
I purchased a rubber/vinyl mat that is custom fitted for around $75. It fits like a Weathertech floor mat. Awesome for the price!

Flymotor
Flymotor Custom Fit for Car Cargo Mat 2022 Ford Maverick All Weather Cargo Liner Rear Trunk Liner Non-Slip TPO Odourless BlackFlymotor Custom Fit for Car Cargo Mat 2022 Ford Maverick All Weather Cargo Liner Rear Trunk Liner Non-Slip TPO Odourless Black
Last purchased on Oct 4, 2022
3.9 out of 5 stars 64
$73.88$73.88

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine