Hambone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's called "rumor has it" take it with a grain of salt.
Went through this with a 2020 C8 Corvette. Bottom line, MSRP, total wait 9 months, got a 2021 in Dec 2022. Just bought a 2023 Toyota Hybrid, was told up to a two year wait, get what you get no ordering and $3000 to $11,000 mark up. Went to Toyota build and price, called a few dealers. Got a call back, exactly the build I requested at MSRP, total wait two weeks. So far 7 months with the Maverick. If it gets into 2024, there's going to be a whole lot more competiton for Maverick. Rumors for Hybrid: Ranger,Dakota, Tacoma (my #1 choice) Canyon and Colorado and just about any other manufacturer out there.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has already said there will be no price protection on any further rollovers. So, if your 2023 order doesn't get built, you get NOTHING heading into MY24...
Unless they change their minds.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, I'm not a fortune teller, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. All we know today is what we know today.

Unless demand for the Maverick tanks between now and 2024 order banks opening, it's hard to imagine FoMoCo having much incentive to take care of existing order holders who don't get built. They are doing the same thing to Bronco order holders. Recently told those folks, basically change your orders to something we CAN build, or you'll likely be left holding the bag at the end of the model year with nothing to show for it.

Could they roll out of bed tomorrow and decide to be good guys? Sure. But I'm not holding my breath.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this email yesterday:

"Ed,

Unfortunately, at this time we do not believe that your order with us will be scheduled or produced in this model year. Due to the constant production issues Ford is experiencing it is unlikely that we will be able to deliver on the order you have placed. We know this is extremely frustrating but wanted to make sure you knew this so you can adjust or make plans accordingly. We are happy to keep the order in the system in the off chance something in production changes. We can also keep you updated should an order become available or we happen to get a Pre-Owned model. Please let me know if I can get you any other information or can be of assistance in any other way. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us and wish we could have delivered on it."

Fortunately I already have a Maverick XL that I've added Cruise Control to. I don't really need another one, but I'm going to ask them to hang onto the order anyway, just in case.
EB or Hy, please.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is happening all over the country. It is simply an attempt to sell something else now.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've become quite adept at using the Ford Search to browse inventory nationwide ...

... So yeah... XLs are plentiful if you want a white stripped EB
Just because you see a vehicle on Ford's search doesn't mean it's available. Try calling a dealer about what you see online and you'll find out very few aren't already spoken for. So no, Mavericks of any trim aren't "plentiful".

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I''m no fortune teller either, anything is possible, but with all the disaster issues Ford has been having for a while now (Financial, QC, Batteries, Supplier Issues, etc) would probably be a miracle from God for them to change their minds on the subject IMO. On the positive side, prayers can make a difference. GodSpeed to any/all waiting on their truck!

Sponsored

Hambone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because you see a vehicle on Ford's search doesn't mean it's available. Try calling a dealer about what you see online and you'll find out very few aren't already spoken for. So no, Mavericks of any trim aren't "plentiful".
It's called "rumor has it" take it with a grain of salt.
Went through this with a 2020 C8 Corvette. Bottom line, MSRP, total wait 9 months, got a 2021 in Dec 2022. Just bought a 2023 Toyota Hybrid, was told up to a two year wait, get what you get no ordering and $3000 to $11,000 mark up. Went to Toyota build and price, called a few dealers. Got a call back, exactly the build I requested at MSRP, total wait two weeks. So far 7 months with the Maverick. If it gets into 2024, there's going to be a whole lot more competiton for Maverick. Rumors for Hybrid: Ranger,Dakota, Tacoma (my #1 choice) Canyon and Colorado and just about any other manufacturer out there.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, no.

If Toyota, Ram, and GM were rolling out hybrid trucks for the 2024 MY we would have heard and seen a LOT of spyshots by now. It would be huge news, and we have heard nothing like that.

Start of 2024 model year is 6 months off now, and we would likely be with in 4 months of orders opening.

If it gets into 2024, there's going to be a whole lot more competiton for Maverick. Rumors for Hybrid: Ranger,Dakota, Tacoma (my #1 choice) Canyon and Colorado and just about any other manufacturer out there.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lol, no.

If Toyota, Ram, and GM were rolling out hybrid trucks for the 2024 MY we would have heard and seen a LOT of spyshots by now. It would be huge news, and we have heard nothing like that.

Start of 2024 model year is 6 months off now, and we would likely be with in 4 months of orders opening.
Realistically, looking back at the Maverick launch timeline from 2021-22, we are AT LEAST two calendar years away from any meaningful competition being available in any meaningful numbers.

Even assuming that other automakers avoid the numerous pitfalls Ford experienced in terms of Maverick production constraints, you're probably looking at spring of 2025 before any other brands are offering compact pickups that you can actually go buy and drive home.

Prove me wrong. And no, clickbait YouTube videos with zero independent verification from a manufacturer are NOT proof.

gstockton

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has already said there will be no price protection on any further rollovers. So, if your 2023 order doesn't get built, you get NOTHING heading into MY24...
If that happens I will not be buying a 24

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds to me like the dealer is trying to sell a car they have on the lot now, while also reselling your order for a markup down the line later.
Sponsored