First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XLT Ranger Supercab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn, that sucks. At this point there is no changing the order that is getting built, doesn't change the fact the dealer messed up either. I would take the Ecoboost and then order a Hybrid and drive the 22 until the 23 came in. I know it's not the perfect answer but it's a realistic one. Some members will say burn the dealer at the stake, which you can do, but it won't change the fact that there is an Ecoboost with your name on it and not a hybrid. There is no magic wand the dealer can wave to change that.
Oh for sure! But his argument was that they didn't enter it incorrectly, it was like dude you can be wrong that's fine, but don't be wrong and an ass haha Was hoping they'd at least try to offer a suggestion, instead he kept raising his voice to drown me out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
erinkr

erinkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XLT Ranger Supercab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my 1st Maverick June 2021 hybrid and received October 2021 wrong engine but stayed with it and put up to now 32K, put a second order in October 2021 and received 2022 January, dealer swiped it from me and sold to another customer (did YouTube BEWARE MALL OF GEORGIA FORD), salesman called me and asked me if I wanted to place an order with no $0 down, I did and now they said that I never signed and my order didn't go thru 😔
Incompetence everywhere
new car salesman are just glossy used car salesman :( everything sucks

OP
OP
erinkr

erinkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XLT Ranger Supercab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Erin,

You and I communicated a few times on another thread a few months ago....

It sucks that this happened to you. As others have stated, unfortunately you're stuck with the engine selection. Hopefully the dealer can and will do something to make amends for this when your truck arrives.

I personally like my EB truck a lot. My advice is to keep your order, then evaluate how you like it. Next year, if you are so inclined you can order a Hybrid.

Good luck!
hey again! yeah, you're right, this is probably the best way forward! glad to hear you like your EB :)

OP
OP
erinkr

erinkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XLT Ranger Supercab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would a hybrid even help on that short of a drive? My understanding is the engine still runs until it gets up to operating temperature. I have the same drive time and am only managing 18 miles to gallon in a Kia Soul but still only need to put fuel in it every 45 days.
hahaha no idea, i know chairs not cars lmao but in comparison to my 99 ranger, anything will be better

but yeah, EB seems like it might be the best for now considering, well, everything!

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hey again! yeah, you're right, this is probably the best way forward! glad to hear you like your EB :)
I'm generally getting about 28 mpg; about 60:40 highway:city driving. It has plenty of power to accelerate when you get in a tight spot in traffic - trying to merge, etc.

Sponsored

Harry G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Lariat Lux 2.5, Ranger, Forester, Goldwing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid and something that rarely gets said is that a trip of 3.5 miles really does not favor the hybrid. It takes a couple of miles to fully warm up the ICE and then the hybrid shines. Most of your driving up to the 3.5 miles will be mostly using gas, so the ecoboost engine will give you comparable mpg for that short of a trip

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should I keep my order? Should I keep my order just in case, but look around for a Hybrid and ask other nearby dealerships to put me on a wait list?
It sucks that your dealer is a bum/crook, but. You do have a Maverick ordered and many that want will not be able to say the same. Absolutely take delivery, keep it or flip it, your choice. It'll make a heck of a trade in if you change brands. Hope you have a good sales agreement.
If you drop the order the dealer will probably put it into stock and jack up the price which may of been his plan all along.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh for sure! But his argument was that they didn't enter it incorrectly, it was like dude you can be wrong that's fine, but don't be wrong and an ass haha Was hoping they'd at least try to offer a suggestion, instead he kept raising his voice to drown me out.
One of the bad guys giving the whole dealership world a bad name. Hopefully you can get the Ecoboost and enjoy it, and find a different dealer to order a Hybrid from if that is what you end up doing.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have they told you what the new out the door price is with the 2L ?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In all fairness, you are more likely to get the ecoboost built. I personally say keep the EB and in a couple years, trade for a hybrid once the supply constraints work themselves out.
This is my take. The hybrids have been a little buggy so far anyway (yeah, I know, sour grapes). If they come out with an AWD hybrid I will seriously consider it. In the meantime my ecoboost is fine.

Sponsored

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Should I keep my order?
You are asking the wrong question.

You should be asking yourself if you should buy the EB when it arrives and you do not need to decide that now. Other than getting your deposit back sooner there is little reason to cancel the order now.

Other people have posted about the same thing happening and I am about 99% sure that it is intentional by the dealers since they knew that it was very unlikely that you would actually get the hybrid so they would not make any money but they would still have to spend some time on you. The sales person knew that literally they had nothing to lose by changing the order to EB instead of hybrid and a large percentage of customers would buy it.

Form everything I have seen it look almost certain that everyone who ordered an EB will get it unless they have multiple highly constrained items on their order.

I entered a pre-order for an XL Hybrid back in July when the order book was set to open in August. At that time Ford had not announced that they are only planning to make 35% of the Mavericks as hybrids and 15% of the Mavericks as XLs. By the time the order book opened on September 15th is was clear that an XL Hybrid was a unicorn that I was very unlikely to get and that there were a massive number of orders that were mostly for hybrids.

Ford also change how they were going to allocate the Mavericks so your dealers allocation also became very important.

I decided to set up a second order for an Ecoboost at a different dealer. (I am not planning to buy two and flip one.) I don't drive a lot of miles so the lower MPG is not a big hit for me and the EB MPG should be significantly higher than the pickup that it will be replacing.

The more I hear about how how around 80% of the new orders are for hybrids the more sure that I am that setting up the second order for the EB was the right choice for me.

It is hard to predict but I think there is a good chance that I will get the EB by spring and maybe even before the winter is over. Part of that is because very few 22 orders that were converted to 23 orders that should have priority were for Ecoboosts. It is even possible they could start building Ecoboosts for new 23 orders by the end of November. I am under no illusion that it will be me but I would not be surprised if someone with a new 23 Ecoboost order even get be lucky it by the end of the year.

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a hybrid and something that rarely gets said is that a trip of 3.5 miles really does not favor the hybrid. It takes a couple of miles to fully warm up the ICE and then the hybrid shines. Most of your driving up to the 3.5 miles will be mostly using gas, so the ecoboost engine will give you comparable mpg for that short of a trip
Thanks for confirming this. I thought that would be the case but you the first to confirm it. I'm 2.9 miles from work and 1.2 of this 65mph, the rest 35. I dont think I would see any real gain from a hybrid.
Sponsored