Sponsored

Dealer claiming I need to resign purchase agreement (X-Plan) weeks after delivery

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Possession is mine tenths of the law. You have possession
You have possession of someone else’s truck. Every stolen car out there is in possession of the person who stole it. They can not however sell that truck because they don’t have the title. Every financial entity keeps the title until the last payment is made. At which time it stamps on the face of the title “LIEN SATISFIED” and sends it to you.
Sponsored

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why are people so reluctant to call an attorney? I am not partial to them myself but when it comes to contracts and my limited knowlege of my rights in them they are the first people I contact. Most do free consultations and if not you're talking 200.00 for the advice.
The idea that they can claim it's stolen is absured. Ford credit say's it's yours, your reg says same, they can't alter the title after it's been submitted. They cheated themselves out of cash back and they want you to fix it for them. If you want to help take the new contract they want you to sign along with the original to an attorney to make sure you are not being screwed.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered in November 2021 notifying the dealer that I would be using X-Plan pricing. I was given the approximate totals and told the final price would be determined at time of delivery (incl fees, etc).

I took delivery for my truck earlier this month. The MSRP increased (as we all know), so they "price protected me" and included my X-plan discount. The total for the truck was only a few dollars off of what I was shown in November. I was happy.

Traded in my old truck and put 2/3rds of the final due down. Financed the last 10k at 0% over 36 months (also protected as it was offered at time of order).

Signed all the contracts and purchase agreements and drove away with my new truck. Woo!

The dealership called today saying they messed up and that Ford is not accepting the numbers they entered. They are claiming the order was submitted "retail" and not designated X-plan, so they want me to come in and sign a new contract with the increased MSRP and no X-plan discount. They say after 60 days, a check will be issued to me for the difference (to bring me back to the original amount they are selling me the truck for).

This sounds incredibly fishy. For those of you who were price protected, how did that process go? Was it in the form of a rebate check or were you just invoiced the original amount you were shown at time of order?
I would get in touch was Ford, not the dealer, and have them straighten it out. You should be protected.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was approved for the loan without question, so I doubt there's issue with the eligibility of the loan in that regard. They're saying it's an issue with "some numbers not matching up".

They haven't called me back since around 2pm when I left my last message. It's 8pm now. Couple of things might be happening:
-I called their bluff and they're thinking of an excuse to have "figured it out on their end"
-They're busy as shit and don't have time for my whining
-They're getting a repo for my truck :p
Just park it at Aunt Jennifer’s at the Sunny Meadows Retirement Village. Repo guys will never find it. And even if they did, they are wayyy too young to be in the neighborhood. Two minutes after they get out of their truck, they will be attacked by a dozen seniors heavily armed with pickleball racquets.

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
My order was submitted as a retail order, but I told the dealer I would have an X plan PIN by the time of delivery. They agreed to abide by the X plan price when I took delivery. I talked to them a few times from the time I ordered to the time I took delivery. They assured me that I would be price protected.

When I went to take delivery, they took my X plan credentials (Mustang Club) and I got the X plan price based on the increased price. They told me that I was price protected and that they would get a check from Ford in 45 days or so, and once they received it they would mail me a check for the difference. They said that the reason is that Ford had to verify eligibility/ names, addresses of the order match the person that took delivery. I was more than a bit skeptical, but everything else went pretty much according to plan. I tried to get something in writing, but it was in the evening and no one that could do that was there.

Since I was 45 minutes from home, my very hungry girlfriend was ready to go, X plan saved me more than I thought it would, I had waited 8 1/2 months and it was less than a $300 difference I signed the paperwork and drove it home.

I am going there tomorrow for my first oil change and will follow up even though it hasn't been 45 days yet.

I can't say anything about Ford Motor Credit because I paid for mine straight out.

I did use to manage the auto lending department for a bank though and will say that it was not uncommon for paperwork to need to be resigned or amended if numbers did not match exactly. There is a box on loan contracts by federal law called the Truth in Lending Discloure that will show the term of the loan, interest rate, number of payments, due date, 1st payment due and total of payments. If anything in this box is incorrect it requires a new contract. Ford may require the same type of thing for their contracts where the discount plan packages are involved. Good Luck!

*UPDATE*

I spoke to my original salesman today at the dealer. He was off the day I took delivery. He told me the same thing I was previously told about X plan and pricing protection. He said Ford has to verify that all information for Xplan, retail order and title match. They will then get a check from Ford for the difference and send me a check. He said that it normally takes about 6 weeks and that once they get reimbursed from Ford it generates a report so they know to send the customer their price protection rebate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matchstick08

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
*UPDATE*

I spoke to my original salesman today at the dealer. He was off the day I took delivery. He told me the same thing I was previously told about X plan and pricing protection. He said Ford has to verify that all information for Xplan, retail order and title match. They will then get a check from Ford for the difference and send me a check. He said that it normally takes about 6 weeks and that once they get reimbursed from Ford it generates a report so they know to send the customer their price protection rebate.
That's essentially the message I got as well. I'm just surprised nowhere in the order or delivery of the vehicle a "rebate check" was mentioned. At this point, I'll just go with the flow.

You don't need an attorney to understand a contract. Just read it yourself. The clause I mentioned is pretty clear. If the lender rejects the contract (for whatever reason), the contract is void and the consumer must return the vehicle. I signed it. You all did if you financed your truck. FMC is a 100+billion dollar company - you don't think they have a general council that writes these contracts so the little guy can actually win, right?

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since it was their mistake, the dealer should go ahead and refund the difference to you after you sign and just keep the rebate when it eventually comes in. Some dealers do this anyway.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the plan prices....the notes from Ford for price protection does give the dealer the option to charge the updated plan price, and reimburse the customer the difference when Ford pays the dealer the price protection amount.
Probably takes 6ish weeks.

It is the dealer who will have to send you a check for that, not Ford.
[/QUOTE

Emailed my dealer yesterday to get an update. Here’s response;
“It is taking a long time for Ford to process the price protection checks and get them out”. No s#*t !

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
*UPDATE*

I’ve been waiting 10 weeks so far for my refund

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer would not accept the X-plan pricing. Apparently it’s a dealership option. Which, to me, after reading some of these comments, it’s basically a wash for them. I did see what my price would have been if I were to get it and it was $190 discount. That was enough to buy some accessories, but I wanted the truck after 10 1/2 months, so I quit complaining.

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ugly. Leaving you no outs? Could you get outside financing and give them the remainder and be done? What did they do wrong?
I got a letter the other day from Ford saying some errors were made in the paperwork involving $24. They said it was corrected on Ford's end and I needed to do nothing. I financed through Ford and took delivery on 8-1-22.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got a letter the other day from Ford saying some errors were made in the paperwork involving $24. They said it was corrected on Ford's end and I needed to do nothing. I financed through Ford and took delivery on 8-1-22.
Well, congrats. The bean counters have to get their pennies in line.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, congrats. The bean counters have to get their pennies in line.
Moreso the $24, the letter indicated there were 2-3 errors in the contract one being Ford was not named incorrectly in 1-2 places.
Sponsored