First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I brought mine in this past TU and picked it up the next day. They did the air bag recall, new 12v cable overlay, and reprogrammed the several modules to address the grabby brakes.

All is well, though I never had any problems to begin with, other than the sometimes grabby brakes. So far the feel at the brake pedal is improved and the grabbiness seems to be gone. I hope it stays that way.

Good luck with yours.
I have move to Missouri and use that dealer!
Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have move to Missouri and use that dealer!
You’re from Maine, the heat in Missouri would kill you. It kills me every summer.

Apparently my Ford dealer’s service department is much better than I thought they were. They did the work in a very timely manner.

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re from Maine, the heat in Missouri would kill you. It kills me every summer.

Apparently my Ford dealer’s service department is much better than I thought they were. They did the work in a very timely manner.
I just went in for an oil change and mentioned the cable replacement and hybrid brake SW upgrade and they gave me such a hard time, saying unless its broken forget it. Moving on to another dealer that can read!

roc129

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Mazada B2300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who have had 22B39 completed. What is the part number for the cable that got replaced? I show NZ6Z-14300-D "Cable - battery to starter" as the part. I thought the problem was with the cable under the hood at the junction box (LX6Z-14290-PA). Ford techs help please.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who have had 22B39 completed. What is the part number for the cable that got replaced? I show NZ6Z-14300-D "Cable - battery to starter" as the part. I thought the problem was with the cable under the hood at the junction box (LX6Z-14290-PA). Ford techs help please.
Where do you "show" NZ6Z-14300-D? Have you had the CSP done?

Sponsored

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am showing that same part number with "CABLE - BATTER" as description. I am also showing HUSZ-14A163-C "RETAINER'.

My dealer did mine without hesitation. And as for deep sleep/no dome light, we were hoping this recall would solve that problem. Unfortunately, it didn't.

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT, 2012 WRX Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had over 25,000 trouble free miles with my hybrid in one year. I tend to think if my truck had a bad cable that it would’ve raised its ugly head by now. Y’know, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. I also do not trust the dealer parts replacer to do the job correctly. Man, I’m gonna think on this one for awhile.
I thought that way, and yesterday at just over 30,500 Miles (Delivery was Jan 6 2022) this issue finally reared it's ugly head.

Yes, I was able to jump the vehicle from the front terminals.

However when I did so it made a brand new noise that I had never heard before, and frankly given Ford's general lack of care given to this and other issues am worried that whatever happened will have implications that only rear their head once the vehicle is out of the 36,000 mile warranty.

I suppose my biggest concern in it all, is that Ford metaphorically got away with murder as far as the Powershift in the Focus/Fiesta [0]. Given the volumes of the Maverick I am unfortunately worried they will do their best to sweep things under the rug and this time get away with it more easily.

TBF at this point, even the Hornet is looking good, 18 years after I swore I would never buy a product remotely involved with the penta-star... At least they know how their stuff smells...

[0] - To wit; the EPA estimates a human life is worth about 10 Million USD. ~2 Million Focus/Fiestas in the US alone, and each one costs more than 5$ to repair...

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT, 2012 WRX Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you charge it do not hook negative to battery post hook it to body ground. Manual warns that bms is located on battery neg and nothing at all should be hooked there.
Well crap.

When my vehicle broke down and used my Insurance's roadside assistance, despite warning them that it was a specific model and may have specific jump requirements, they first tried to jump at the battery.

Should I call the dealer that I took it to and warn them? Do we know what could happen if someone tries? Thankfully I have the company name (and/or can have my Insurance pull that information up.)

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am showing that same part number with "CABLE - BATTER" as description. I am also showing HUSZ-14A163-C "RETAINER'.

My dealer did mine without hesitation. And as for deep sleep/no dome light, we were hoping this recall would solve that problem. Unfortunately, it didn't.
I went in for a schedule appointment on the 5th. They didn't order the part till after I brought my truck in so I picked it up that Saturday and have been driving it. Waiting on them to call me and tell me the part is in.

I told them they needed to test the battery, they think the harness might fix the deep sleep issue as well, which I'm 100% sure it won't. Hopefully I can get them to run their test on it and show that it's insufficient to keep this truck from going to deep sleep.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well crap.

When my vehicle broke down and used my Insurance's roadside assistance, despite warning them that it was a specific model and may have specific jump requirements, they first tried to jump at the battery.

Should I call the dealer that I took it to and warn them? Do we know what could happen if someone tries? Thankfully I have the company name (and/or can have my Insurance pull that information up.)
I think all that may need to be done is to recharge battery then do the bms reset followed by the new battery installed "up to 8 hours with lights off accessories off truck locke an don't open doors battery type and condition relearn procedure" (see new battery procedure in manual). Apparently they are concerned that attaching to ground post may affect the bms readings of battery state of charge and not properly charge 12v battery.

Johnnybayday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.coastalfamilydental.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy to see this... My truck would occasionally be dead only to be revived by my portable battery jumper. Now I just hope my dealership doesn't give me shiet telling me I'm just giving them bs... I wouldbt be there dropping off my car if there want any issues. Just wanna drive my truck in peace.

Took my truck in for both no start and airbags... It's taking 2 days for my dealership to complete... Same with you I just want to drive my truck in peace and bother no one. I had to purchase a portable startup as well just to give some juice for truck to turn on. Honestly we could have just ran a wire ourselves but I'm glad they figured it wasnt an imaginary issue.

SuperTongue

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid / Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Does your deep sleep issue go away if you take it for a longer drive? Guessing you know all about how it works by now, but at least for me - both the recall and CSP repairs triggered a deep sleep notification (both from the dealer and after I got home) but a drive on the highway got them to stop.

If it's persistent even after long drives, then would obviously still be an issue. Definitely more so if you need to jump it at all.

Took my truck in for both no start and airbags... It's taking 2 days for my dealership to complete... Same with you I just want to drive my truck in peace and bother no one. I had to purchase a portable startup as well just to give some juice for truck to turn on. Honestly we could have just ran a wire ourselves but I'm glad they figured it wasnt an imaginary issue.
The airbag and CSP for me took a few days to complete as well. I fortunately hadn't run into the issue prior to the CSP fix but didn't want to take a chance (especially with someone here saying theirs showed up at 35,000 miles).

Worth the wait as at least you know it's fixed. At least the portable starter is nice to have even without the issue.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You all have some horror stories about your local Ford dealer service center!

Our local Ford service center that takes care of our truck is on point and has completed every recall, TSB, warranty repair, and CSP, without any hesitation. It was the first hybrid in our area so they essentially have been using it to learn on.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford dealer came to my house and picked up my running hybrid first edition Tues afternoon for recalls Wednesday (today), they completed air bag recall today, called about 4pm and said no start recall wire overlay would not be in for 3 to 5 days and would bring my mav back if I needed it and then pick it up again when part comes in. I told them to just keep it. As far as running the wire myself: 1. No maverick is under warranty 2: No I am not running a 12v wire protected with a 200amp fuze. FYI my Mav has never had deep sleep or even the cab light not come on. Only needs wire overlay because vin/build date window. Now if Ford can get parts together for the second engine fire recall I will be able to take advantage of my dealers pickup and delivery service!
Sponsored