First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked for the forum where this would fit but this appears to be the best place. Today I was driving home on a two lane suburban road with no shoulder and a lot of left right left turns. The speed limit was 45 MPH and I was enjoying the nice day. I saw this on coming car and he was approaching on my side coming out of a turn too fast. All of this took place in a flash and as I was responding there is a alarm goes off and the dash turned red with a message crash alert. The Maverick notified me about the same time I did. This is the first time I have had this near crash experience with my Maverick. If I had not been paying attention or looking to the right tonight could be very different situation. The alert was given with plenty of time to react. I was very impressed with this alert. I knew the Maverick had this feature but until it goes off I did not really know what to expect from the alert. It definitely gets your attention. I was able to brake and move into the grass on the right side and maintain control. It happened so fast I can not recall the separation between me and the other car. I am very happy I purchased the safety features after this experience. I hope no one has to experience this situation to find out how good the alert is. No damage to the truck. Trucks can be replaced people can not. Thanks for Listening.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked for the forum where this would fit but this appears to be the best place. Today I was driving home on a two lane suburban road with no shoulder and a lot of left right left turns. The speed limit was 45 MPH and I was enjoying the nice day. I saw this on coming car and he was approaching on my side coming out of a turn too fast. All of this took place in a flash and as I was responding there is a alarm goes off and the dash turned red with a message crash alert. The Maverick notified me about the same time I did. This is the first time I have had this near crash experience with my Maverick. If I had not been paying attention or looking to the right tonight could be very different situation. The alert was given with plenty of time to react. I was very impressed with this alert. I knew the Maverick had this feature but until it goes off I did not really know what to expect from the alert. It definitely gets your attention. I was able to brake and move into the grass on the right side and maintain control. It happened so fast I can not recall the separation between me and the other car. I am very happy I purchased the safety features after this experience. I hope no one has to experience this situation to find out how good the alert is. No damage to the truck. Trucks can be replaced people can not. Thanks for Listening.
Very happy to hear this situation turned out well for you . . . no injuries, no damage and a new appreciation for your truck.