First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 65 Galaxy ,2020 Spyder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up my lariat lux today and I wanted to post that I can confirm that the wireless CarPlay adapter sold at https://cplay2air.com/ does indeed work with the Maverick. Now I can just put my phone on the charging mat and still get CarPlay. I just put some mounting tape on the dongle and tucked it up under the USB port.

48F2FCD1-53D9-4BE0-BF71-EB3A6BB1702A.jpeg
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Brandi

First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer
I wonder if the screen can be oriented vertically? Maybe turn 90* upright and mount over the useless side screen cubby? Basically extending the existing screen and cover the weird cubby gap. If that fit nicely in that space vertically, I might be game for this option.
You got a windscreen mounting bracket. a glass adhesive disc to alternatively attach the mount directly onto your dashboard or locate the mounting arm onto your windscreen and position the console on your dashboard. ( 90 degrees adjustable arm, up and down, left and right, front and back)

You may simply locate the position for the console to rest on your dashboard. Can either choose to use the anti-slip rubber pad on the dashboard. Personally, I felt that I did not really need it myself. I will probably have it spaced vertically at the left corner as shown on their video.

Pringles70

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
So can you be connected to the cars Wi-Fi and the adapter at the same time? I live in the middle of nowhere and if so am connected only to the adapter I have no service and therefore unable to update firmware

Brandi

First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer
So can you be connected to the cars Wi-Fi and the adapter at the same time? I live in the middle of nowhere and if so am connected only to the adapter I have no service and therefore unable to update firmware
There's one must fit some cars for navigation, since it comes with a GPS module, which is good for using at places with bad signal. I am not sure if it is compatible with your car. You may check with their web. carpalysmartbox.com

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fair question! But my phone is not yet in the picture. The problem is a factory reset Carlinkit CPC200-U2WPlus should normally show a setup screen via its emulated CarPlay which invites you to set up a phone with Wireless CarPlay. (This is how it works with my Jeep.) This first screen never appears. Since someone reported this adapter works with SYNC3 in the Lariat, I suspect it’s something different about the “Ford Audio” units which are different than SYNC3. (No SiriusXM, HD Radio, or built-in voice recognition at least.) Carlinkit has firmware updates to fix issues like this but when I updated a few days ago it still wasn’t enough to get the setup screen to appear.
I wasn't able to get it work either.

Sponsored

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice. Just out of curiosity, if you just connect the phone with bluetooth without car play/android auto, can you just stream media audio via BT?
Yes you can. I even connected up my laptop to the Mav via bluetooth and the first thing it asked me was if I wanted to switch audio play to the laptop.

jsjaybone

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
Yup I'm in same boat with the CPLAy2air. Works fine on my wife's Ecosport but no luck on my Maverick XLT

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been using the carlinkit 3.0 for a couple weeks now on my lariat Lux. I’d say it works about 50% of the time. Sometimes the CarPlay UI just freezes and I have to unplug/replug, occasionally I get a few audio stutters and then it’s fine. Other times after I replug after a freeze it works but with no audio. Then switching to FM and back to carplay fixes it, but usually requires replugging it in again. I’m quite frustrated with the experience. When it works, it’s great though!

In my last 2 BMWs, a 2013 and 2015, neither came with CarPlay and I added an aftermarket device that would input switch my factory screen and show wireless CarPlay. Never had these issues and they work great. Not sure if it’s carlinkit’s faulty adapter or Ford’s crappy sync system, but I know aftermarket carplay solutions can work well.

Last edited:

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ugh...I'm waiting for one of the Cplay2Air kits to arrive. Now wish I wasn't. 😖

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the cplay2air to work just fine on my xl but the Ottocast is a no go

Last edited:
Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ottocast did not work on my maverick xl the unit work fantastic on everything other car I have it work with wifi so is Lightning fast but a no go on the maverick for now
Ford Maverick CPLAY2AIR Wireless CarPlay Adapter confirmed to work in Maverick 1AC4EA8B-9A76-45EF-830D-6CACDC9DF9CC

Last edited:

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ottocast did not work on my maverick lx, the unit work fantastic on everything other car I have it work with wifi so is Lightning fast but a no go on the maverick for now
1AC4EA8B-9A76-45EF-830D-6CACDC9DF9CC.jpeg

Wonder if it works on the Lariat Lux with sync 3? I’m not having a great experience with the carlinkit and willing to try other adapters.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if it works on the Lariat Lux with sync 3? I’m not having a great experience with the carlinkit and willing to try other adapters.
The Ottocast has great reviews and I can tell you it works great on my other cars just not on the mav

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ottocast has great reviews and I can tell you it works great on my other cars just not on the mav
That’s why I mentioned lariat lux. The sync 3 is a bit different than the head unit used on the xl and xlt. Others have mentioned the sync 3 in the lariat lux seems to be more compatible with these adapters.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an Ottocast coming. Will attempt on my Lariat Lux w/SYNC 3. Hope it works!
Sponsored