Sponsored

Conversation today with Ford and my dealer (not good)

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So long as I don't have to worry about any of you driving a panel van full of puppies, kittens and candy scouring the neighborhood for children...
You know, if I can't get my Maverick by the end of this model year, this is looking pretty attractive.

Ford Maverick Conversation today with Ford and my dealer (not good) 1645571959880

Going to have to get the rear windows blacked out so they can't see the cargo I'm transporting and make it white to blend in but other than that.....

Stealing kids? That's just a ridiculous allegation.
Sponsored

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know, if I can't get my Maverick by the end of this model year, this is looking pretty attractive.

1645571959880.png

Going to have to get the rear windows blacked out so they can't see the cargo I'm transporting and make it white to blend in but other than that.....

Stealing kids? That's just a ridiculous allegation.
Just need to get it in white with a couple of “Free Candy” decals for it.

Vlad_Gaming

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, 1975 El Camino
I've lurked this forum for months to get some insight into when my truck might be built and delivered and found it comforting I'm not the only one that has wondered just wtf is going on at Ford. Anyway, I finally called Ford corporate today to see if they had any status on the Maverick XLT Hybrid I ordered last October from a local dealer and which Ford had long ago confirmed via email. The Ford rep told me that parts delays were a problem but are now mostly resolved and it's now transportation from rail yards to dealers that is the major bottleneck. The Ford rep assured me that the truck will be built and delivered within the next few months and they will fill all confirmed orders. They told me to contact my dealer and get a few pieces of info to better determine where I stand in their allocation.

So, I call my dealer and am informed that they just received notice from Ford this morning that no more XLTs or Hybrids will be built this year if they are not already scheduled for production. WTF!! I told my sales rep what Ford had just told me this morning, which is 100% the opposite of what the dealer had just told me and they had no explanation. I plan to call Ford again tomorrow to see what they say in response to what my dealer told me.

My dealer has been keeping me posted on the status regularly and I have no reason to believe they are lying since my sales rep told me she had to make about 10 bad calls to other customers today.

I was hesitant to buy a Ford to begin with, so if it turns out Ford has indeed screwed us, I will never consider them again. What a cluster.
My dealer kept telling me I just had to wait, there were regular delays with production, that Ford would give me direct status updates. They never gave Ford my email. I ordered a hybrid XLT with a spray in bed liner, towing hookup, and some dealer installed options last June. I was about to give up waiting, and pressed the issue. Low and behold when they actually did their homework and checked on the order, not only had it been build but was less that 300 miles away scheduled for delivery by the end of the week. Took Delivery about 10 days ago. Very happy with the truck, not so happy with the service from the dealer.

Ford is still going to build all their confirmed orders, they just aren't allowing dealers to take new ones until August for the next model year.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe at Lowes, or Home Depot??......nope🤐🤣🤣
If we're gonna raise some hell, we're doing it in Walmart. Who else wants to join in for full court basketball at 12pm, multiple-aisle football at 2pm, and Tent City Setup in the electronics aisle?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If we're gonna raise some hell, we're doing it in Walmart. Who else wants to join in for full court basketball at 12pm, multiple-aisle football at 2pm, and Tent City Setup in the electronics aisle?
Oh hell yes! Wally World it is :ROFLMAO:

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will attest to OP,s comments as far as delays from rail yard to dealer, MY trucK has been sitting in Illinois for at least two weeks .I am in NE Florida .I am assuming the last leg of my trucks Journey is on a car carrier . My dealer is good ,you have to ask ,but when I do he immediately sends me a picture of the visibility report. the only change on it was from "gateway yard Illinois" to "Received at Junction point(CSX transportation) East St Louis IL. Whatever that is?:)
UPDATE : YESTERDAY MORNING 2/22/2022 my sales guy Text me a vehicle visibility report still saying :"Received at Junction point(CSX transportation) East St Louis IL. THEN 90 minutes later called me and said "Dude , you are not going to believe this shit:) ,your truck is being unloaded as I speak! " So much for Visibility report:) (apx 24 days from ship)

Just a SHOUT OUT for Bozard Ford, Saint Augustine ,Florida!! Picked up my truck: Showed up with X plan and I didn't pre warn them I had it , Salesman Says no problem ! Old MSRP from date of order ,NO problem he says, Zero % 36 month financing sales guy says let me check 2 minutes later no problem! Finance guy is very cool ,he asked do you want Extended warranty ? nope I say ,he says cool lets get you out of here and driving your truck ! 45 minutes from start to finish I am gone rolling down the road :) and I referred a friend who bought a new escape off the lot . My sales guy comes running out throws a full set of floor liners in the Back and says THANKS! for the referral . Now that is a good customer experience ! SMART do you think I will ever buy another Ford somewhere else???:)

Sponsored

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
I've lurked this forum for months to get some insight into when my truck might be built and delivered and found it comforting I'm not the only one that has wondered just wtf is going on at Ford. Anyway, I finally called Ford corporate today to see if they had any status on the Maverick XLT Hybrid I ordered last October from a local dealer and which Ford had long ago confirmed via email. The Ford rep told me that parts delays were a problem but are now mostly resolved and it's now transportation from rail yards to dealers that is the major bottleneck. The Ford rep assured me that the truck will be built and delivered within the next few months and they will fill all confirmed orders. They told me to contact my dealer and get a few pieces of info to better determine where I stand in their allocation.

So, I call my dealer and am informed that they just received notice from Ford this morning that no more XLTs or Hybrids will be built this year if they are not already scheduled for production. WTF!! I told my sales rep what Ford had just told me this morning, which is 100% the opposite of what the dealer had just told me and they had no explanation. I plan to call Ford again tomorrow to see what they say in response to what my dealer told me.

My dealer has been keeping me posted on the status regularly and I have no reason to believe they are lying since my sales rep told me she had to make about 10 bad calls to other customers today.

I was hesitant to buy a Ford to begin with, so if it turns out Ford has indeed screwed us, I will never consider them again. What a cluster.
Do you have an order number and VIN ?

Jimbo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tundra Limited
If I go to Walmart, its with popcorn, drinks and a lawnchair....havent been to a circus in years!!!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer wanted $500 to order the truck. They had five people while I was there order trucks so I wanted to guarantee my place so I gave charged the $500 to my credit card. It was taken off the price when I purchased the truck so I was fine with it. Though the salesman said that they would order it without the deposit, it was the deposit which guaranteed it wouldn't get sold out from under me. And it also guaranteed that the price wouldn't get inflated which it didn't. I was exactly what they originally gave me as the quote.
Right, that is what the deposit is for. Our dealership doesn't usually take deposits, but it depends on the dealer.

But my point was that the dealer takes the deposit, not Ford. The OP was claiming that because he paid a deposit to Ford that it was like a contract for them to build him a truck. Something like that. But he doesn't understand that the deposit doesn't go to Ford. Or that he doesn't buy a truck from Ford, but from the dealer.