Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has a new 2023 Ford Escape PHEV on the lot for $41k (Minus a $3750 federal tax credit). Considering my ‘22 Maverick XLT hybrid is still worth close to what I paid for it after nearly two years and 20k miles, I’m considering trading it and getting the Escape. I love my cyber orange truck, but honestly I never use it for “truck things” and would prefer a plug-in hybrid, which is still not available on the Maverick.

Curious what others think about making the switch, especially insight from those that have driven Escapes. One of the things I love about the Maverick is the seat height that allows you to basically just slide into the car without bending down. That and the fact the sides are pretty vertical for extra shoulder space, versus cars that angle inward at the sides.
Sponsored

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, if that is what you want to do, then I would say go for it. I would really love the Maverick to be a PHEV but I want the bed. If it weren't for that I would've just kept my Volt.

Maybe (big Maybe) the '25 will have a PHEV trim...

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if a 2023 Ford Escape PHEV could be fitted with a trailer hitch, even if with a low tow rating? If so, a person could always pick up a light utility trailer from Northern Tool, or the likes and use that for the occasional trip to Lowes or to haul leaves to the dump.

Atleast you'd still have an option. But if you never need a truck type vehicle, like you said, maybe even that wouldn't be needed?

Good luck in making your decision. :)

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a decision that only you can and should make. The Escape is an interesting vehicle.

Sponsored

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the things I love about the Maverick is the seat height that allows you to basically just slide into the car without bending down. That and the fact the sides are pretty vertical for extra shoulder space, versus cars that angle inward at the sides.
My Maverick looks is a couple inches higher off the ground over my 22 Escape PHEV.
I don't notice much of a difference in interior width when I drive the Escape.
Probably the Maverick has a little more room for the driver. Not enough difference for me that I pay any attention to it.

I like driving them both & will keep both of them.

I do use the pickup for bringing home things from big box stores.
I use a hitch hand (older version of hitch extender) for some of the longer lumber.

The Escape is a Titanium, so it's got more features than the XLT Maverick, like memory seats & mirrors, CoPilot 360, heated steering wheel & seats, Sync 3, etc.

I charge the Escape by switching my 240V dryer circuit to my EVSE in the garage.
The Escape charges at 16 Amps. I topped it off today, 23 electric miles added in about 1 hour 47 minutes.
Ford Maverick Considering trading in Maverick for an Escape PHEV Escape PHEV Charge Log 2023-12-21.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick update. While I would like a PHEV, decided that I was not spending $10k on top of trade in for a new vehicle that I would not like as much as the Maverick. Absolutely love the cyber orange truck, it’s comfort, ride, and fuel sipping mentality.
Sponsored