Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven’t received my Maverick Hybrid yet but my sister just got an Escape SEL Hybrid AWD. It’s loaded and really nice but sticker was $39K! They had a great lease deal going on so it wasn’t too bad. I don’t think the Mav will lease out good so I intend to buy. I am looking forward to the hybrid drivetrain and the great mileage. She’s getting 42 around town so far. I will say the Escape has a somewhat harsher ride than I expected but I contribute that to the bigger wheels and lower sidewalls.
Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ended up buying a 22 Escape Titanium and am happy with the purchase. The Maverick is an entry level vehicle that gets good gas mileage. I expect it to be cross shopped with crossovers like the Escape. The Escape had more cargo room than I thought. With the seats folded down, the cargo area is at least the same length as the Maverick's bed. Just going by memory from when I test drove a Maverick, the Escape does seem to have more rear seat room. The rear seats also slide back and forth to create more cargo room or leg room. I have the 2.0 and my gas mileage hasn't been great but I put it into Sport mode every time and mash the pedal. It is pretty quick. I also find it to be pretty quiet in terms of road noise. I'm not sure if the Titanium trim has more sound deadening over other trims. If you are looking at a 2.0, you need to get a Titanium or option it on an SEL. A Titanium will have more features than most Mavericks. I'm digging the little features like rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruise control that I didn't think I would. The exterior of the Escape even has a Porsche Macan vibe to it. All in all I'm happy. My order is till outstanding on the Maverick. I'll probably pass on the Maverick and stick with the Escape.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven’t received my Maverick Hybrid yet but my sister just got an Escape SEL Hybrid AWD. It’s loaded and really nice but sticker was $39K! They had a great lease deal going on so it wasn’t too bad. I don’t think the Mav will lease out good so I intend to buy. I am looking forward to the hybrid drivetrain and the great mileage. She’s getting 42 around town so far. I will say the Escape has a somewhat harsher ride than I expected but I contribute that to the bigger wheels and lower sidewalls.
The ride is attributed to the heavy price tag over the Maverick 💰

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was very happy with my 2016 Escape, 2.0 awd Titanium, great road car. Traded in for a awd Mav, xlt, Lux package with 4K tow, 360 pilot, 17” allow wheels and engine block heater for $32k, my escape was marked at $38k new. One big reason for trading in was the Mav has a steel bumper that covers the entire front of the truck whereas the escape did not (now understand it does). The Mav does steers like a truck yet does have a lot of the escapes handling features. Even with the all terrain tires, highway noise is very acceptable and I like the ride of the Mav better than my escape. It needs to be noted that the 2022 escape has high crash ratings while the Mav has not been tested, but know both vehicles, including the bronco sport, which is also highly rated, are all on the same platform. Oh, my escape got 23 in the city and 30 highway, with just a little over 300 miles in mostly city driving, I’m getting 22 with the Mav. Overall, for me, the Mav is a better vehicle ( oh, the back seat leg room was the same for both vehicles, but the Mav backrest is more vertical and the rear seats do not slide back. Hope this helps.

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apples vs. Oranges. Small truck vs. CUV. If you don't have a need for a truck at all- scratch Maverick off your list. Carry on.
Not sure if I fully agree with that anymore. I did before I got the Maverick. For heavy towing and loads I have my Super Duty. My wife has her Hybrid Camry to putter around in. The Maverick has now filled a nice little niche. Need to stop by the feed store to pick up a few bags? The wife needs some potting soil the Mav is just right. No worries about getting the interior of a SUV dirty. Both the Hybrid Mav and Escape are flat towable so that’s a wash. The little trucklet has come in quite handy not to mention 40mpg vs. 15mpg which means a lot in todays prices.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The escape is little bit more. I like the front end little but other than that its not my cup of tea. The screen little small for the price you pay for it. Its very easy to drive though.

NoMavyYet

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f250 2002 Ranger
I drove a se hybrid awd escape this past weekend.
very nice IMO from electric to ice no issues, pretty quick also .
I’m 6,4 and I had plenty of room. Note I could not sit behind me in the seat without siting sideways.
I noticed it had better visibility than a maverick I test drove in November.
had the cold weather package with heated seats and steering wheel I liked that.
I AM a fan of the push button start and that’s standard
cp360 blis worked but the lane center didn’t 🤷‍♂️
Was Gonna buy it but the dealer wouldn’t take off there $1000 mark up so I walked. oh well I guess I’ll wait for the never coming mav.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have both a hybrid Maverick XLT with the lux pkg that I drive, and I bought my wife a 2022 hybrid Escape SE. They both have the same chassis. They both ride very differently. The Maverick rides like a small truck and feels different with the suspension it has. The Escape has a much tighter suspension. The seats are more comfortable to me in the Maverick than the Escape. They both get fantastic gas mileage. She has Sync 3 with navigation, while I do not. She loves the SUV because it's a hatchback and is easy to put groceries and yard sale finds in. I like my Maverick because I make frequent trips to Lowe's to buy lumber. I also can load my e-bike in the bed, and can't do that with the Escape. We both love our vehicles for different reasons.

Disclaimer: These are only MY OWN personal observations and opinions, and ARE NOT from any research or data collected.

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 1.5L blows. No way I'd deal with the worries of a turbo-charged engine so I could only push 180 something HP.

While the Escape/Maverick share the same platform and, in some trims, drive train I believe these vehicles are more different than they are alike.

I'd decide whether you can live without a bed or not. That ought to really be the determining factor for most buyers.

After that decision is made if you were considering a compact SUV it would be criminal not to seriously look at the CX-5.
My 17 Escape w/ 1.5l turbo flies with no boundaries. I work for Roush in a prototype (product development) Ford facility. 300+ engineers, coordinators and techs would have to disagree with your thoughts of that one. Maybe others have been disappointments. 1.5l and 2.0l eco (turbo) both hold their own.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look at the picture showing 9,000 some Mavericks being built in the news section, the bumper can be seen. Also, check out mr booms early video where he takes the front end off, including the plastic covering the steel bumper.

Sponsored

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the biggest issue after reading all of these comments is people are not comparing apples to apples. You can't compare an XL to a Lariat, plain and simple. You also can't compare a "trunk/hatchback" to a truck bed. Being realistic in your comparisons will definitely help make your decision. I've been toying between giving up and going with the MachE but just can't see giving up the truck bed part even with also owning an F-150.

If you want good gas mileage only then why bother with the Maverick wait???

CursedFrogurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Corolla
I think the biggest issue after reading all of these comments is people are not comparing apples to apples. You can't compare an XL to a Lariat, plain and simple. You also can't compare a "trunk/hatchback" to a truck bed. Being realistic in your comparisons will definitely help make your decision. I've been toying between giving up and going with the MachE but just can't see giving up the truck bed part even with also owning an F-150.

If you want good gas mileage only then why bother with the Maverick wait???
I think it comes down to how affordable the Maverick is and how it has upset the status quo of hybrid vehicles. If someone was interested in a hybrid crossover like the Escape or Rav4, well those go for ~30k+ bare minimum. Then that buyer sees they can get an XL or XLT Maverick Hybrid for significantly cheaper, so they begin to wonder how a small truck bed would compare to hatchback/trunk area.

I agree they aren't quite an apples-to-apples comparison, but the affordability of the Maverick has forced these comparisons to take place. Crosstrek, Kona, Golf, and similar economy vehicles now have to be compared against the Maverick because they are in the same price bracket.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
My 17 Escape w/ 1.5l turbo flies with no boundaries. I work for Roush in a prototype (product development) Ford facility. 300+ engineers, coordinators and techs would have to disagree with your thoughts of that one. Maybe others have been disappointments. 1.5l and 2.0l eco (turbo) both hold their own.
The old "appeal to authority" doesn't mean much to me.

I'll appeal to the facts.

Your 2017 escape with the 1.5T has a nearly 10 second 0-60 time. You call that "flies with no boundaries"?

For the abscence of any real guts you're rewarded with a combined MPG of 26.

Neither of those strike me as remotely impressive figures.

I'm sure the engineers all deserve a big pat on the back for getting these numbers out of a 1.5 liter. IMO, they deserve a golf clap because it drives like a golf cart.

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may help, the bumper seems to be as standard as most vehicles I have seen

Ford Maverick Escape vs Maverick 9174B197-065F-461B-BDC2-66C89A28F2AB