First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unlike the Eco Boost version of the Maverick, the hybrid's 12v battery is located under the rear seat. This makes it much more difficult if you want to connect additional 12v lighting to the front of the truck. I know there are jump start connections in the engine bay, but I'm wondering if those can be used as a power supply for an accessory. Thoughts . . . ?
Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You splice into the lights up front you don’t run a wire to battery.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You splice into the lights up front you don’t run a wire to battery.
Thank you for your suggestion. That would be the way to do it IF I wanted the fog lights to turn on whenever I switched on the headlights. However, I want the fogs to be independent of any other lighting.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unlike the Eco Boost version of the Maverick, the hybrid's 12v battery is located under the rear seat. This makes it much more difficult if you want to connect additional 12v lighting to the front of the truck. I know there are jump start connections in the engine bay, but I'm wondering if those can be used as a power supply for an accessory. Thoughts . . . ?
In theory, yes. The ground jump start point under the hood is the vehicle common ground BUT, the other jump point is the end attachment point of a cable of suspect reliability that has been identified as the most likely cause of "dead (HYBRID) Mavericks" due to improper crimping at that very point. Because of this, I would be very hesitant to "hang/ attach" any connections - no matter how minor or harmless - to this jump point for fear of inducing an intermittent failure.

So, electronically, possible - mechanically/ structurally, suspect.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In theory, yes. The ground jump start point under the hood is the vehicle common ground BUT, the other jump point is the end attachment point of a cable of suspect reliability that has been identified as the most likely cause of "dead (HYBRID) Mavericks" due to improper crimping at that very point. Because of this, I would be very hesitant to "hang/ attach" any connections - no matter how minor or harmless - to this jump point for fear of inducing an intermittent failure.

So, electronically, possible - mechanically/ structurally, suspect.
Thank you. Good points all. By the way, weeks before this post, my Maverick did die and I had the dealer fix the cable connection, so perhaps that won't be an issue.

Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you. Good points all. By the way, weeks before this post, my Maverick did die and I had the dealer fix the cable connection, so perhaps that won't be an issue.
What did they do to fix it? If I can aak.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your suggestion. That would be the way to do it IF I wanted the fog lights to turn on whenever I switched on the headlights. However, I want the fogs to be independent of any other lighting.
Ah, you didn’t state fog lights in your post.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did they do to fix it? If I can aak.
I was told they "followed the factory specifications". So, I don't know if they replaced the harness or just replaced the one lead with the crimp problem.

Mavrilous

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick hybrid, Kia Seltos, 2009 Cr-v
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully you found a solution?

Sponsored

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im looking for an answer to the same question. Did you find an answer?

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully you found a solution?
Sorry for the late reply. I did not get a definitive answer, but I'm thinking one can use the positive post under the hood.

Two things happened: I put the fog light issue on the back burner (do I really need them?) and had to focus more on getting back into my reconstructed house. Side note on that . . . thank goodness for the Maverick in being able to move tons of stuff from one house to another as well as to the local Goodwill. Love that truck.

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we wait for the first brave soul hybrid owner to tie into the positive terminal under the hood and let us know what happens, good or bad!

• Haha
Reactions: Dad

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we wait for the first brave soul hybrid owner to tie into the positive terminal under the hood and let us know what happens, good or bad!
I connected my cigarette lighter plug to power my brake controller for flat towing my hybrid to the jump terminal under the hood. Towed 2000 miles, no issues at all. I did read somewhere, someone had an issue with a dead battery and the dealer said it could void the warranty for battery replacement. This is not confirmed and I highly doubt a dealer could use it as an excuse to void the battery warranty.

Reactions: Dad

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I connected my cigarette lighter plug to power my brake controller for flat towing my hybrid to the jump terminal under the hood. Towed 2000 miles, no issues at all. I did read somewhere, someone had an issue with a dead battery and the dealer said it could void the warranty for battery replacement. This is not confirmed and I highly doubt a dealer could use it as an excuse to void the battery warranty.
Well the positive jump pin is threaded so it appears that Ford planed on something being attached there with nuts??? I would assume an onboard charger. Is it fuzed and at what amperage?
Sponsored