Sponsored

Collision avoidance so I do not hit the car in front of me?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how much of this safety tech is federally or state mandated.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, if you used your turn signal when you change lanes or merge like you're supposed to it disables that little "bump" it gives you telling you to stay in your lane.
But that little bump can be overcome so easy I don't know how you almost crash into another vehicle.
I think it's great.
I think that when that little bump happens you should automatically be sent a ticket for not using your turn signals or playing with your phone or whatever you're doing to go over the line without a turn signal.
You are supposed to use your own talents.
This stuff doesn't guide you thru anything, if it's activated, you're doing something wrong.
"Automatically get sent a ticket". Yeah, I can see that coming. The Nanny State is watching us.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Federal hardly any , state even less( except emissions)Not as much as everybody thinks , most is put in for safety rating props in the press and future liability ( thanks greedy litigious society , lawyers and insurance companies)and almost all is generated from older luxury cars ,just slightly modded for another vehicle line , honestly a few hundred hours of Arizona proving grounds testing and a few dozen tweaks from model line to model line and the software is set until post production and online forums(Mtc),owned and monitored by the “company “brings up problems for recalls or mods needed.we are the beta testers , the beauty of online upgrades and data collection!
Tesla established this back in 2010 and 2011 , all the others have been catching up since.Ford is in its blossoming stages now.
Just adds the software ,monitoring and programming price to vehicles .
This has become such a fluid and complex subject especially for the bean counters , this is why subscription services for vehicles are coming into play for features and updates . the online monitoring , troubleshooting, upgrades and recalls can be justified on their yearly budgets if they have a revenue stream they can prove to corporate that justifies their jobs.
Sad but true.
A lot of stuff has been suggested , last big pushes though (mandatory)were side curtain airbags , this why some regular cab mini trucks are hard to produce and why the dodge viper ( in its current size couldn’t continue .and I believe adas may be adopted , but in about 3 or 4 years yet , these systems will still be only good up to 62 mph and are only good on10kgvw and below and will be driver selectable.
I think at this time the e braking part is the only one making the mandate.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Automatically get sent a ticket". Yeah, I can see that coming. The Nanny State is watching us.
Not nanny, police enforcement. Driving is too serious.
You only have to worry about it if you're out there behaving in a way that's going to kill people.
I think people should get a couple weeks in a prison cell for not using their turn signals paying 10 times the amount it costs to keep you there. I don't think they'll be second offenses you'll learn to use your freaking turn signals. Is that what nannies do?

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only got part-way through the first page before I had to summarize for people:
TL;DR - there's a lot of bad/aggressive drivers out there and they like to admit it on the internet.

I for one am glad that AEB is standard. Jeez.

Sponsored

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find the safety features very useful. Not at all annoying.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It really does scare the crap out of you! I’ve heard other people say that it can go off randomly too which I’m scared about 🤣
Not random but possible collision warning. Mine went off a couple weeks ago when I was on a curve and had oncoming stopped waiting for me to pass so he could turn left in opposing lane on two lane 60 mph zone. Red screen turned off when got close enough for his vehicle to not be directly in front of me or I tapped brake and turned it off. Dang truck wasn't watching lanes just what's directly in front but I appreciated that it let me know.

HizJohnny

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick AWD FX4 4KTOW
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not random but possible collision warning. Mine went off a couple weeks ago when I was on a curve and had oncoming stopped waiting for me to pass so he could turn left in opposing lane on two lane 60 mph zone. Red screen turned off when got close enough for his vehicle to not be directly in front of me or I tapped brake and turned it off. Dang truck wasn't watching lanes just what's directly in front but I appreciated that it let me know.
Wow that sounds startling! I don’t know if this’s similar but my rear sensors went crazy when a vehicle across the street was driving across the road while I was backing out of my parking space in a parking lot. The vehicle was nowhere near my truck and there was the concrete barrier keeping anyone from driving into the parking lot. I’m very thankful to have these safety features regardless. Though safety features have these weird moments, the majority of the time the features works great!

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably worth repeating.....you can tone down/disable a lot of this in your settings menu. (You have to do it in the meter menu vs. the center screen)

I've turned off/down as much as possible, and it makes a big difference in the false signals & interruptions.

Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although I don’t have my Maverick yet (1-2 weeks of waiting left), I rented a Suzuki Vitara last week in Iceland. It had many of the options my Lariat will have albeit not exactly the same. I learned I may have to change the way I drive. I was taught to cut the corner to the inside of the turn (when you have the shoulder there) to give you more room to the outside in case the passing vehicles cut the corner and take some of your room. Almost every time I did it I set the warning bells and warnings off. Fortunately 60% of the cars have studded tires this time of the year and therefore the road paint was almost nonexistent on most of the highways so the lane keeping was spotty at best.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

High school kids would actually be able to afford an entry level truck again then on a part time minimum wage job.
Quite a few high school kids working min. wage/part time have little to no interest in a brand new vehicle, nowadays. Many don't even have interest in a getting a driver's license. They're too busy making payments on a ridiculously expensive mobile phone, purchased from a company with a 24% profit margin. Ford's profit margin last year was 2.4%.
Ford Maverick Collision avoidance so I do not hit the car in front of me? im

Last edited:

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That’s taking account for their ev investments, battery plant and assembly line growth(sk) loss and insane it , ai , software and engineering of auto update systems for all their model lines to keep up with the musks!
But Ford is way ahead of the rest of the other big 2 , probably on par with Mercedes for overall comparison to line development to Tesla.
Brutal world , making cars now .
Just sad my high school kids can’t afford a car .80’s ,90’s to early 2000’s mini trucks were still affordable.
Now they are not so mini.
Sponsored