Sponsored

Cold Feet? (not about buying, my feet are cold)

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious if anyone else notices cold air blowing on their feet in the wintertime. I have the HVAC configured properly and set to 73. Outside winter temps around here range from 30s to 40s this time of year. The lower air button is illuminated. The AC button is off. My wife notices it too. Just wondering if it's a design thing or I need to ask my dealer to look at it. I'm guessing it's just normal.

s
Sponsored

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Scot, that doesn't sound normal to me. I've not any cold air on my feet with my EB Maverick. We've had temps in the teens, too.

What if you turn the temp up? Still cold air?

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if anyone else notices cold air blowing on their feet in the wintertime. I have the HVAC configured properly and set to 73. Outside winter temps around here range from 30s to 40s this time of year. The lower air button is illuminated. The AC button is off. My wife notices it too. Just wondering if it's a design thing or I need to ask my dealer to look at it. I'm guessing it's just normal.

s
My 2022 XL EB is the same, pretty much no floor heat. I would not say it is any colder than outside temperature but definitely not very well designed for keeping your feet warm. Overall that is my only complaint with the climate control.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
During the winter I'm usually wearing boots and pants. So, I've never noticed.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I can say is with mine, in summer the A/C is Really Cold and in winter the Heat can roast ya. Definitely not experiencing your symptoms. I would suggest having your dealer check it, maybe something came loose or is not functioning correctly.

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same with the Hybrid if not much worse, since the gas engine often stays below full temp.

I need to pump both the fan and temp to get any floor heat (and hit the floor button). I'm barefoot above freezing so I've noticed.

OP
OP

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the answers. This is even more of a head scratcher, as half the answers are "mine works fine" and the other half are "mine is cold too".

Usually I default to assuming I'm doing something wrong as a user. I'll take the advice above and try upping the temp a few degrees to see what happens. Maybe I'll also play with the up/middle/down zone buttons to see how that affects it.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the answers. This is even more of a head scratcher, as half the answers are "mine works fine" and the other half are "mine is cold too".

Usually I default to assuming I'm doing something wrong as a user. I'll take the advice above and try upping the temp a few degrees to see what happens. Maybe I'll also play with the up/middle/down zone buttons to see how that affects it.
I think it’s probably your temperature setting. When I turn the temp setting to HI and direct airflow to the feet, the heat is roasting warm and after a short period I always end up turning either temp down or blower speed down to lowest setting.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

From what I've seen the Hybrid's are similar to your situation, but the EcoBoost which appears to be what you have are not having the issue

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I've seen the Hybrid's are similar to your situation, but the EcoBoost which appears to be what you have are not having the issue
During the summer, I have noticed the A/C runs better when the engine is running than when it auto-stops. I could see the heater being the same when the hybrid ICE stops.

Sponsored

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I run the floor and dash vents at the same time for heating and cooling. The air coming out of the floor vents is not as warm as what comes out of the dash vents on my 23 XL Hybrid.

I also have to set the temperature higher to be comfortable, which for me is 76-78.

joestantoine

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I run the floor and dash vents at the same time for heating and cooling. The air coming out of the floor vents is not as warm as what comes out of the dash vents on my 23 XL Hybrid.

I also have to set the temperature higher to be comfortable, which for me is 76-78.
I used to own an escape that always had cold air getting in from outside mostly on the passenger side by my feet during the winter months. I never found where it was coming in but put some insulation up under the dash and it really helped. It had nothing to do with the heat settings.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

s
Both 22 EB [now sold] and 24 hybrid Lariats with dual temp controls = I don't use heat, I use the seat warmers, I have the HVAC set to come out the dash vents but fan off. No cold air apparent in the footwell area on 42 F. mornings going down the freeway.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same issue on Hybrid:
From what I understand, there is no "thermostat" on the engine to warm up the water etc.. like on a normal engine ** maybe a myth?
I do notice cold air getting in from the driver's side door seal. not sure about passenger door
If you put the drive mode into "SPORT" mode the engine does warm up much faster - and it also drives/shifts like a little sports car
compared to my E150 Ford work van - the heat temperature is not even close.
Lucky I have the Heated seats

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

s
Partially close your upper vents which will force more heat to the lower vents plus heat rises. The system could use more fan power.
Sponsored

Last edited: