scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There really wasn't a "rollover" for 22 -> 23. People had to place a new retail order.
A "rollover", is like what happened to the cancelled 22s....Ford duplicated the orders and transferred to 23, and gave priority.

This is all that Ford has told dealers about 22 -> 24 Maverick (and is consistent w/ what they've said about every other 23 -> 24 vehicle):
23MY to 24MY: Please note that there is no intention of providing a MY Transition offer for those customers who do not get their 23MY Maverick retail order built and need to re-order a 24MY, regardless of COVP approval status.
Thank you for identifying what the COVP means. Thanks you again for the bold face words.

I see no language in the above statement from Ford that implies Ford is identifying that accessories will not be given to customers who delayed getting their builds until 24 even though they ordered in MY23

The key words "no intention of providing MY Transition offer" is ambiguous to me.

I would receive clarity if the words "MY transition" was defined for me. If I were to make a guess, it implies DON'T count on Ford to prioritize those who didn't get their Maverick built in 23 and still want to order in 24 ahead of those who place their first order in 24 when banks open. But again I may totally wrong because "MY transition offer" is not referenced to anything that I have seen yet.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What leads you to believe that 65/35 is a monthly ratio?

Also, feel free to drop the attitude.
It would be logical to assume (yes, I know what they say about assuming), that the heavily limited hybrid engines will be coming in relatively equally over time from the source. The manufacturer is producing what they can full out (since Ford will take 100% of what they can produce), and that's where the 65/35 is coming from. Not like they can magically find factory and materials capacity to suddenly make 1,000 more hybrid engines per month. Do we wish they could? Sure. Can they? No.
As for your comment about attitude, he isn't the one telegraphing an attitude here. That being said, attitude and emotion is sometimes hard to convey in words, and easily misinterpreted, so let's all just be nice to each other. No reason for us to get worked up over it. I don't think anyone is trying to be an ass. At least not in this thread. Haha.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@commadorebob , you hurt his feelings! But please don't apologize to him since it would further reinforce your status as some loser who spends too much time on this forum. Welcome to the club. I'm a member as well, avoiding spending time with my classic American family of a wife and 2 kids, instead posting on here. Haha. It takes all kinds to make the world go round I suppose.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Here’s what was submitted for my cancelled MY 22 order by my dealer. Any issues? @fordvideoguy

5FA0B130-4F3B-4BFE-8B5E-DB1C6F74973D.jpeg
Did you want the Bed Rail System (6 D Link Bed Connectors), Spray-in Bedliner, and Remote Start? Those are no longer included in the Luxury Package but stand alone options.
The Splash Guards might hold up your order.
Otherwise looks good.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey guys!
I've got some shitty news... My sales rep at my local Ford was being a bit evasive over the phone so I went in person to see if he had any updates on my order, AND BOY DID HE!!!! Ford is allocating only a percent of all orders PER DEALER, and a tiny amount of those produced ordered are going to be hybrids. Here's where I got pissed:
If your order is not one of the above mentioned orders, your "Bumped" to next year's order lot!!!! So they're canceling your 2023 order and will recreate that order for next year, when the order banks open. I wasn't told this automatically, and basically had to pry that info from my dealer's sales rep. If your still waiting, GO ASK!!

So now that I'm not getting a Maverick, I'm gonna get myself into a Hyundai Santa Cruz. Your thoughts are always welcome 🤷‍♂️
Wish Santa Cruz had plug in hybrid, gas mileage is pretty mediocre

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why? You opened with some nonsense about being nice to people and not getting worked up, and here you are trying to antagonize and making childish remarks like this that do nothing for the thread or any of the people here.

Now I am going to go hug my sweet daughter Lucy. She is so adorable.
I've also got a daughter named Lucy. Are you me?

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So today I called my dealer to see what they know if anything about their status and allocations.

Salesman I deal with told me the only Maverick that they have coming in the near future, Say Feb. is the one he ordered for his daughter and EB XLT.

I asked how they sit with orders versus allocations. He said pretty good, not sure what that means. He did say that about one third of the orders they placed with Ford are Hybrids and the rest are ICE types.

He didn't have specifics but said If I haven't heard I was getting something built in Jan to wait until the Jan scheduling comes out. It is a crap shoot and I would be wise to just hold and wait. He reviewed my order and said with the options I had it was a clear cut order, no weird add ons like some people were throwing down. So chill, enjoy the holidays and come back after them and hope for the best.

He said don't get antsy until May when they may decide to cut to the next MY. Say What? He didn't elaborate so I was thinking it was a joke on his part.

That's my story and I am stuck to it.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for identifying what the COVP means. Thanks you again for the bold face words.

I see no language in the above statement from Ford that implies Ford is identifying that accessories will not be given to customers who delayed getting their builds until 24 even though they ordered in MY23

The key words "no intention of providing MY Transition offer" is ambiguous to me.

I would receive clarity if the words "MY transition" was defined for me. If I were to make a guess, it implies DON'T count on Ford to prioritize those who didn't get their Maverick built in 23 and still want to order in 24 ahead of those who place their first order in 24 when banks open. But again I may totally wrong because "MY transition offer" is not referenced to anything that I have seen yet.
The bold words are directly from Ford. That is all the info that dealers have now.

You are right. There is no information either way about whether or not unscheduled 23 orders would be prioritized for reordering a 24.

They don't want customers to expect an incentive if their order remains unscheduled. But are leaving an opening to change their minds (which I would think would be unlikely).

MY transition = "model year transition", i.e. 23 -> 24.

Again, there is no mention of prioritization. So we simply don't know. (I would venture to guess that there will be no prioritization for any MY transition next year, but that just is my semi-educated guess). The "offer" refers to a rebate/incentive/private offer.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3) Stock orders are MUCH easier for Ford to make. Once most of the custom EB orders are made, Ford can use what-ever parts they have on hand to make what-ever EBs they can (in between the custom hybrids). What-ever they make, they then just ship to the dealerships (who are happy to have them even if they don't have a trailer hitch, CP360, etc.).
Not exactly how that works. If Ford has extra capacity, they can contact dealers about moving it. Ford will not typically build a vehicle that is NOT already sold to a dealer. There are exceptions, but they won't apply to the status of the Maverick. What Ford will do is say to dealers that have allocation and want stock orders....." change these orders to this spec and we will build them". That is a big part of what a Ford Rep does working with dealers. Mostly telling them ahead of time you won't get this or that, but if Ford gets a commodity issue they will ask dealers to change order content to move product. This all happens well before the vehicle is bucked.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My salesman and dealer don’t seem super knowledgeable. I rely on Ford and call and bother them for updates.

Last Ford told me there was “activity” on my 9/17 hybrid order and there was an inquiry made on getting some of the parts together.
Same day I ordered my Hybrid.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bold words are directly from Ford. That is all the info that dealers have now.

You are right. There is no information either way about whether or not unscheduled 23 orders would be prioritized for reordering a 24.

They don't want customers to expect an incentive if their order remains unscheduled. But are leaving an opening to change their minds (which I would think would be unlikely).

MY transition = "model year transition", i.e. 23 -> 24.

Again, there is no mention of prioritization. So we simply don't know. (I would venture to guess that there will be no prioritization for any MY transition next year, but that just is my semi-educated guess). The "offer" refers to a rebate/incentive/private offer.
Ford seems to be saying that for sure there will be no new private offers for MY23 orders that don’t get scheduled. You are on your own for entering a new MY24 dealer order with any price increases. Very clear.

But there is an open question for an existing private offer tied to an existing MY23 rollover order that doesn’t get built due to some dealer allocation or commodity issues. Should be a small number of cases, but I could see it happening, especially for hybrids.

Technically those private offers will expire when placing a new MY24 order, but Ford could decide to renew them for that small number of customers. It would be the right thing to do, but probably won’t happen since Ford Blue is reverting to the old dealer allocation model.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford seems to be saying that for sure there will be no new private offers for MY23 orders that don’t get scheduled. You are on your own for entering a new MY24 dealer order with any price increases. Very clear.

But there is an open question for an existing private offer tied to an existing MY23 rollover order that doesn’t get built due to some dealer allocation or commodity issues. Should be a small number of cases, but I could see it happening, especially for hybrids.

Technically those private offers will expire when placing a new MY24 order, but Ford could decide to renew them for that small number of customers. It would be the right thing to do, but probably won’t happen since Ford Blue is reverting to the old dealer allocation model.

Yes, that is very clear.

Yes, I would hope that all transitioned orders are built in 23, but what you say about the hybrids is certainly possible. Unless things change, there will be quite a few hybrid orders that are never scheduled.

I think Ford is just trying to shift blame to the dealers. When COVID caused inventory issues, Ford promised allocation for essentially "all" retail orders. That was the purpose of COVP, to verify that it was a genuine retail order, and to generate allocation for that order.
Quite suddenly (just before 23 Mav order banks opened), Ford reversed course, and said all retail orders had to be from w/in dealer allocation. Now unscheduled orders are the dealers' fault, not Ford's. Ford is no longer "promising" to build retail orders....so they are less obligated to give offers to customers whose orders were never scheduled/built.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I remember the text of that bulletin, they said no price protection. There was no mention of rollovers yes or no. I doubt very, very much that Ford will just cancel an order, they will roll it over in some fashion. Hopefully using a better system than they did this year.
As the country song said, I am a Simple Man. My head swims with all of the back and forth and it creates confusion. I would like to lay out a very simple scenario and hopefully get a simple answer in regards to allocation. Here we go.

1. Small town dealer XYZ in Simple, TX has taken only 5 23my orders. To keep it simple, they took 1 XL Hybrid plain, 1 XLT Hybrid loaded, 1 Lariat Hybrid loaded, 1 XL EB plain and 1 Lariat EB loaded. To further simplify it, 1 was taken on first day or order bank opening and 1 each day until it closed. Here is my question.

2. Which of the above five orders gets built in which month? Is it a draw of the cards, order date, order type, etc. I am disregarding other countries, other regions, other dealers, etc. Just keeping it simple.

3. In the above scenario, am I interpreting that based on the 35% Hybrid figure I keep reading about that maybe only 1 of these 3 Hybrids will be built and the other 2 cancelled? Again, keep it simple for us simple folks.

Real world. I ordered one of my two hybrids from my small town TX dealer. I think he said his dealership ordered 9 and mine was the first one. Salesman indicated last week that he has had 2 customers get build dates and both were EB, so I assume Hybrids might be at the back of the line, but not sure.

I can figure out Washington politics about as quickly as I can figure this mess out.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not how it works...... Ford won't cancel orders, because they don't now no which orders will be built and which ones won't.

Allocation at this point is "expected" and subject to change. Let's say a dealer is "expected" to get 50 Mav allocations this year. That would amount to around 18 hybrids and 32 EBs. They have 100 retail orders. 60 hybrids and 40 EBs. Which orders would Ford cancel? We know it is every unlikely that all of the hybrids will be scheduled....but which ones? Maybe all 40 EB will schedule early and they'll only get 10 hybrids. Or if many of the EBs have constrained options and the hybrids don't, maybe 30 hybrids will schedule and 20 EB.

There is no way for a dealer or Ford to know at this point which vehicles will schedule over the entire production cycle of the MY.
I see your point BUT I find it hard to believe Ford NEEDS to take DOUBLE the amount of orders it can make to be able to keep trucks flowing. There has to be a middle ground. Do they have double the orders they can make on other vehicles too? I hope not. Seems irresponsible to me.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure even someone at Ford could give you a good answer to that. :)

This is how I understand it to work:
First it comes down to whether your dealer has an allocation that month. If they do then your priority code at that dealer will determine who gets looked at. If there are two identical orders, then time stamp on the order might come into play.

Once an allocated order is selected the computer will compare what parts are needed to availability. If the parts for the order being looked at are available then it is scheduled. If not it is rejected and the next order in the queue at that dealer is looked at. Wash and repeat.

I'm not buying the only 35% of hybrids are going to get built. Just my opinion and I might be wrong.

And just because hybrids (or anything else) is constrained doesn't mean they are not getting some parts through.
Sponsored