Sponsored

Ceramic Coating Sprays - Preferences? Testimony? Opinions?

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

^What Bry@n said, my dealer coated right over rail dust (largest chunks I ever saw!) and delivery people use towels I would not shower with!
Couple years ago I learned of CRI lighting and invested. As a detailing hobbyist best cash ever spent. Ever wax or seal your ride and pull out into the sun and see even little swirl or spot? These lights cover every spectrum of lighting under the sun and are adjustable for any color paint. My point? I also have a portable CRI light I bring with to the dealer to see all these marks. unless you get an un prepped factory wrapped rig, its gonna have dealer swirls
Yes, ^^^^ this!

I use scangrip lights. Besides shops lights. I want the surface as free and clear of contaminants and swirls as possible. I measure the paint before using a machine to get an idea of what I am dealing with. I've trained in perfecting paint and continue training as there is so much to know. Every day is a learning experience.
Sponsored

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on if your a DIY guy or do you want to have it done. Everything is coming out with 1-3, 5-10 years not really sure how they figured that out? I like detailing my vehicles interior and wheels one day then exterior and engine the next day. I use Phoenix E.O.D I use Immortal as the base ceramic followed by Titan as the topper. I’d rather reapply every 2-3 mths so i can inspect the paint / body. Here’s a pic after 2 mths and a the truck was dirty.

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating Sprays - Preferences? Testimony? Opinions? 7784725F-24F4-4226-8EA3-AC4FB4E4D93B

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating Sprays - Preferences? Testimony? Opinions? EE0BCB74-C18A-4B2A-8434-E48398026BF5

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it’s not a true ceramic coating but for the ease and the price I was impressed with chemical guys hydro charge.
Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating Sprays - Preferences? Testimony? Opinions? FBF12833-631E-4AAC-AC33-7A2A89959845

Reactions: Aza

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I am currently using Torque products, I do still recommend TW Seal and Shine. Or like the above poster said, TW Ice Spray Wax. I have always had good outcomes with it. For the money and for a spray, you simply can't beat it. I bought my Torque when they had a before Christmas sale and got 5 bottles for $75. Otherwise I would still be using TW.
Is one actually better than the other?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine is what I switched to a few years ago and it’s fantastic!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im certainly willing to try something new but Ive had good luck so far with the Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic/carnauba spray. It's obviously not a true coating but does hold up for quite awhile, is readily available at Walmart, and super easy to use. I like things like that cause you can do all the rubber and textured black plastic trim and panels with it as well. I just re coat a vehicle several times a year and it seems to work well. So quick and easy to do.

Seems like there are quite a few good choices in products coming out that work well. Im pretty much done with regular waxes anymore cause the offerings now are so much better.
I've been using TW Hybrid Solutions since the summer.
Here's a comparative review of some DIY spray waxes - Spoiler Alert: TW Hybrid Solutions wins

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a comparative review of some DIY spray waxes - Spoiler Alert: TW Hybrid Solutions wins

I have meguiars and TW and so far I'm liking the TW for the slippery feel when touching the car. But would have to wait until summer to make a better decision of which is better for longevity and protection.

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I love this guys video's but never seen this one before. That turtle wax is crazy I'm definetly trying that one out.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is one actually better than the other?
I really like the TW and have used Seal and Shine numerous times on other vehicles. I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. It survives detailers torture tests pretty well, at least the ones I have watched on YouTube. And it is very inexpensive compared to the others out there. I simply wanted to try Torque because they had a pretty good sale before Christmas so I jumped on it. I won't say anything bad about them as I haven't had it applied long enough as of yet. But I like it pretty well too. I do like the depth of gloss the Torque provided on my Daughter's black Mustang. The true test will be once my black Maverick arrives, because it will be daily driven.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have watched this guys review of ceramic coatings All I want is for mine to last 7 months as I do mine every spring and fall. I want easy to put on and take off and something easy to buy. Sure you can buy the ones that claim 3 or more years which most are BS. Adams Graphene is easy to put on and take off . Last plenty long . Yes you can go crazy and pay a ton by what bother. 6 to 7 months is plenty . Talking 6 months through winter snow and salt which it can easily do.

Reactions: Aza
Sponsored

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have meguiars and TW and so far I'm liking the TW for the slippery feel when touching the car. But would have to wait until summer to make a better decision of which is better for longevity and protection.
I used and liked Meguiar's until I found out about TW. Meguiar's is initially good but TW lasts longer.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine is what I switched to a few years ago and it’s fantastic!
Does it make your Mav drive faster? Old guys will get that comment LOL

Fix4Dirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Explorer XLT SOHC 4x4 2" Lift
Engine
Undecided
TW hubrid ceramic ive had good luck w at consumer level and for the $$
Sponsored