Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I pick my stuff up at Adam’s Polishes in Colorado and get a small discount for in store purchases. Nice, helpful staff and the owner is normally on site.
LUCKY YOU. Wish I could. Having to pay shipping or order over $100 every time is a pain. They have a 30% off on certain products. They typically don't allow discounts to be applied to their Windshield Washer Fluid (for the tank). This sale listed it so I just picked up 4 gallons. Shipping was only $5.00 but it defeats the discount when you add the sales tax and shipping.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LUCKY YOU. Wish I could. Having to pay shipping or order over $100 every time is a pain. They have a 30% off on certain products. They typically don't allow discounts to be applied to their Windshield Washer Fluid (for the tank). This sale listed it so I just picked up 4 gallons. Shipping was only $5.00 but it defeats the discount when you add the sales tax and shipping.
Have you looked at your local Ace Hardware store? The Ace store I shop at carries Adam's products and the prices are usually within $1 or 2 of what is online at Adam's or on Amazon.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at your local Ace Hardware store? The Ace store I shop at carries Adam's products and the prices are usually within $1 or 2 of what is online at Adam's or on Amazon.
No, but I will now. Thanks for the lead.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought some Avalon King ceramic coating for my Mustang. If it comes out nice I might get more for the Maverick when I get it.

I used Chemical Guys Jet Seal on the Stang last year. It worked pretty good.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All vehicles and motorcycles I have have been ceramic coated. ALL DIY! Anybody can apply their own ceramic coating, about as much time as waxing a car twice. One of the most critical parts of applying it is getting other coating off of the vehicle with something like "Rustoleum Tar and Wax remover. For any ceramic coating to stick and last this step is essential. Most new cars come with a sprayed on coating for use during shipping of the vehicle....that needs to be come off for a ceramic coating to stick. My 911 ceramic coating has been on for 16 months and still beads like glass.
The most important item for a really good ceramic coating is the best micro fiber rags you can get...most of those at autoparts stores are not even close to what is needed.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All vehicles and motorcycles I have have been ceramic coated. ALL DIY! Anybody can apply their own ceramic coating, about as much time as waxing a car twice. One of the most critical parts of applying it is getting other coating off of the vehicle with something like "Rustoleum Tar and Wax remover. For any ceramic coating to stick and last this step is essential. Most new cars come with a sprayed on coating for use during shipping of the vehicle....that needs to be come off for a ceramic coating to stick. My 911 ceramic coating has been on for 16 months and still beads like glass.
Thanks! This is good to know. I got my Adam's stuff yesterday so I'm going to start with trying it out on my saddlebags on my Harley. I'm going to do just the inside of each bag (the side towards the wheel) first to see how well I do. This way if I screw it up then no one will see it!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! This is good to know. I got my Adam's stuff yesterday so I'm going to start with trying it out on my saddlebags on my Harley. I'm going to do just the inside of each bag (the side towards the wheel) first to see how well I do. This way if I screw it up then no one will see it!
Awesome!! You'll love the ease of applying it.

Rr317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 focus st, 2021 escape, 2022 ford maverick FE
Here's my advice on ceramic coatings. People get upset when I give it, but here it is anyway. I've had 2 kinds of ceramic coating (CQuartz and one other that I can't remember) on my car and I did not find any benefit over a regular hand wash and spray wax. I would advise not spending a lot of money on it. If you are thinking of spending $500+ on ceramic coating alone, I would very highly suggest that you consider paint protection film instead. I've had Xpel on my vehicle for a number of years and it does a fantastic job protecting the finish without getting cloudy or yellowing. Even a partial coverage install will go so much farther than ceramic coating. There are some new do-it-yourself ceramic solutions that probably don't cost so much like the Turtle Wax product which I say would be a better avenue than a professional application.

On my other vehicle my go-to wash is Optimum no-rinse car wash, 2 buckets, Eagle One spray wax, a wash mitt, and some microfiber cloths. No-touch car washes only.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Ceramic coatings are only worth it if you are willing to do it yourself, which is becoming much easier over time. I also think the turtle wax hybrid solutions line is a great way to go. I am using that line for my wife's lease currently.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Ceramic coatings are only worth it if you are willing to do it yourself, which is becoming much easier over time. I also think the turtle wax hybrid solutions line is a great way to go. I am using that line for my wife's lease currently.
Totally agree. I have ceramic coated my last five vehicles. Two of them I paid in excess of $800 each. The last three I have done myself for less than $100 each time. I say each time because I redo it every spring. So I have did my Toyota twice before trading it and have done the Lexus once. I've been lucky because all the vehicles I've ceramic coated were New vehicles. I haven't had to do any paint correction (remove swirls and/or scratches). With the ceramic coating it lasts 7 years. I used the ceramic spray the first couple times and it lasts a year. So that is a year or maybe 7 without having to wax the car. Just hose it down and a quick easy wash and I'm good to go another month.

The ONLY reason to pay to have it done is if it requires paint correction. That is time consuming and costly if you don't have the equipment as well as extra cost for material to correct. If no correction necessary, DIY!!!

Rr317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 focus st, 2021 escape, 2022 ford maverick FE
Totally agree. I have ceramic coated my last five vehicles. Two of them I paid in excess of $800 each. The last three I have done myself for less than $100 each time. I say each time because I redo it every spring. So I have did my Toyota twice before trading it and have done the Lexus once. I've been lucky because all the vehicles I've ceramic coated were New vehicles. I haven't had to do any paint correction (remove swirls and/or scratches). With the ceramic coating it lasts 7 years. I used the ceramic spray the first couple times and it lasts a year. So that is a year or maybe 7 without having to wax the car. Just hose it down and a quick easy wash and I'm good to go another month.

The ONLY reason to pay to have it done is if it requires paint correction. That is time consuming and costly if you don't have the equipment as well as extra cost for material to correct. If no correction necessary, DIY!!!
Exactly!

I will say a da polisher can be had for as little as 80$ with pads and such. It is quite fun to do it as well if you are willing to learn. I have paint corrected 15 vehicles so far, with my 16th happening tomorrow with my father's new class b. I will do a one step even with a brand new car just to get that mirror finish underneath the coating. A good ceramic coat job with wash, decon, one step, and coat will take 8+ hours though.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another question just came to mind. How are you clean your towel/rags after using them? Do you use the Adam's Towel & Pad Revitalizer or something else?
95% of what I have learned about applying a ceramic coating I learned from watching "Pan the Organizer"'s video . ....I made a check list of the steps, like "claying" and added a few that technology changed after "Pan's" video...be glad to send anyone wanting my check-list a copy - just Private Message me with email address and I will send.

I have the buffer and pads but DO NOT use them for Ceramic Coatings. A cheap buffer or good one in inexperienced hands increases the possibility of damaging the paint. I strongly prefer the old fashion "hand rubbing and hand buffing"....much less risk of damaging the paint by hand buffing.....plus it forces you to see the surface of the paint.

Rags - you can reuse rags used for buffing BUT NOT the rags that were used for "applying" and "buffing" the CERAMIC Coating off...toss those for sure!!!! the Ceramic on those rags is water repellant and can't be washed to remove the residue...Other rags you can wash with HOT WATER And the better "Dawn" soap, I soke the used rags in a bucket of water and Dawn soap over night...and I wash the reusable rags TWICE and then run them thru the clothes dryer on low heat....You can buy a washing chemical from the Rag Shack that is well help clean microfiber rags, but the cost of this soap is in my opinion cost more than simply replacing the rages or use Dawn soap method....

Anyone with a little patients, not afraid of a little work, can follow simple instructions can do a good job applying a Ceramic Coating.

Last edited:

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received my order of Pinnacle Black label diamond coating elite kit however my truck has 6 inches of snow on it so now I wait

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this one in mail last night, just need weather to clear up long enough to use it.

Ford Maverick Detailing suggestions? Ceramic Coating? Screenshot_20221118_120041_Amazon Shoppin

voldemartian

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT, 2019 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did my own ceramic coating on my velocity blue hybrid. I found it to be easy but a little time consuming. It took me most of a Saturday afternoon to do the paint and a couple hours the next weekend to do the wheels and glass.

i wanted to go with the adams line but nobody near me carried it and I didn’t want to wait for shipping so I went with chem guys. I’m very happy with the results.

I skipped the iron remover and did not use a buffer. mostly because the truck only had 200 miles on it. I did use the clay bar after a good hand wash with dawn and microfiber mitt. DO NOT skip the clay bar. I was shocked at much junk it pulled up especially by the wheel wells.

I would never pay those crazy prices for a coating after doing it myself. I have nothing against detail shops I will still use them for other things but for ceramic coatings they charge a lot for saving you a little time.
Sponsored