Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Yes, Ceramic prep was what I was looking for. Thanks for the information, especially about the clay mitt and Iron remover! We have very hard water here in Tucson so water spots are always a problem if you don't towel/air dry your vehicle. I'm going to take all your advice and try it out first on my Harley. It's much smaller area to work with and this way I can get an idea of how to do everything and the work time I have with the product. So when my Maverick does finally show up I'll have a good idea of how the process works. I'm thinking of just using the Ceramic Spray because it seems to be easier to use. How long does the Spray last? They claim a year. Also I see they sell other Ceramic washing product to "protect" or "enhance" your Ceramic finish. Have you tried any of them?
I JUST started using the Graphene Ceramic Spray on my new Lexus. So I'm not sure about that one yet. But I used the regular Ceramic Spray on 2 other vehicles and it lasted over a year on both. I automatically go through the whole process every spring so I haven't really pushed it to max. But I was still beading good and throwing water off going down the road. I do use Ceramic Boost after every car wash. I found it helps make the Coating last longer and renews the beading. https://adamspolishes.com/products/ceramic-boost

Side note, If you use Adam's Polishes Shampoo's they are PH Balanced and no water spots. They also have a Water Spot Remover as well. https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-water-spot-remover
Sponsored

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going the same route. I've looked into Adam's Polishes and that's the way I'm going. I'm going to start on my Harleys to get an idea how good it and how to apply it. I've already tried their Waterless Wash was amazed how good my bikes looks!
They only sell one Surface Prep. It's under the Ceramic heading. https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-surface-prep/products/surface-prep

It's a combination of Water and Alcohol. I'm not sure about the mix though. It strips all of the waxes and soap scum and anything on the car. You use that as the LAST step prior to applying the Ceramic Coating/Spray. There is a Strip Wash Shampoo but I've never used it.

If you're talking about the steps of prepping the vehicle for Ceramic here is what I do. I've purchased many NEW vehicles and have done my last three myself. I wash the vehicle, then apply Iron Remover on a wet vehicle. Let it set a minute or two but DO NOT let it dry on the vehicle. Rinse it off good. I wash the vehicle again and with a soapy vehicle I use a Clay Mitt. Used to use Clay Bar but found the Mitt sooo much easier. Then hand wash again. Dry vehicle with a dryer and with a towel. Move it to the garage. Apply the Surface Prep the Ceramic Spray. I may use the Ceramic Coating on the Maverick. Up until now I have only ever used the ceramic Spray.

Hope that answered your question. If not let me know.
Thanks for that. I have been looking at the Adams products plus been all over you tube gathering info. Came across Pan the organizer. He has some great videos on detailing, especially using different ceramic products and how to do. Strongly recommend watching some of his videos.
Fortunately I have time before my new Shadow Black Maverick arrives, until then I will have to "practice" on my wife's new black Mazda CX-5 we got back in April. We keep this in the garage all the time and look forward to detailing this car using tips suggested here.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that. I have been looking at the Adams products plus been all over you tube gathering info. Came across Pan the organizer. He has some great videos on detailing, especially using different ceramic products and how to do. Strongly recommend watching some of his videos.
Fortunately I have time before my new Shadow Black Maverick arrives, until then I will have to "practice" on my wife's new black Mazda CX-5 we got back in April. We keep this in the garage all the time and look forward to detailing this car using tips suggested here.
I am a subscriber to Pan The Organizer on YouTube. He does recommend a product or two of Adam's Polishes.

I found Adam's Polishes to be a single stop for everything detailing, inside and out. Plus they have a million videos on how to use every product. That's the only reason I use their product line. I've priced their microfiber towels and products and they are a penny or two higher but I hate buying this from one dealer and that from another and have to wait on two orders to get here to do my car.

If you really want to get the best stuff, try Obsessed Garage. He sells ONLY the best of the best. https://www.obsessedgarage.com

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a subscriber to Pan The Organizer on YouTube. He does recommend a product or two of Adam's Polishes.

I found Adam's Polishes to be a single stop for everything detailing, inside and out. Plus they have a million videos on how to use every product. That's the only reason I use their product line. I've priced their microfiber towels and products and they are a penny or two higher but I hate buying this from one dealer and that from another and have to wait on two orders to get here to do my car.

If you really want to get the best stuff, try Obsessed Garage. He sells ONLY the best of the best. https://www.obsessedgarage.com
I’ll check it out, if anything to learn some more. I’m sure I’ll buy the product or products I’ll be most comfortable with, till then, keep soaking it in.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I JUST started using the Graphene Ceramic Spray on my new Lexus. So I'm not sure about that one yet. But I used the regular Ceramic Spray on 2 other vehicles and it lasted over a year on both. I automatically go through the whole process every spring so I haven't really pushed it to max. But I was still beading good and throwing water off going down the road. I do use Ceramic Boost after every car wash. I found it helps make the Coating last longer and renews the beading. https://adamspolishes.com/products/ceramic-boost

Side note, If you use Adam's Polishes Shampoo's they are PH Balanced and no water spots. They also have a Water Spot Remover as well. https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-water-spot-remover
Another question just came to mind. How are you clean your towel/rags after using them? Do you use the Adam's Towel & Pad Revitalizer or something else?

Sponsored

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought some Graphene Wax by Turtle Wax. Haven't used it yet, will do this week sometime. I plan on using the spray as a maintenance once my base coat is applied.

FYI: I did use the Cerakote trim kit on my Mazda 5 last week. Plastic now looks great, will apply second coat later as well. There are so many products out there, just wanting something to protect that new paint on the Maverick.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought some Graphene Wax by Turtle Wax. Haven't used it yet, will do this week sometime. I plan on using the spray as a maintenance once my base coat is applied.

FYI: I did use the Cerakote trim kit on my Mazda 5 last week. Plastic now looks great, will apply second coat later as well. There are so many products out there, just wanting something to protect that new paint on the Maverick.
I agree, there are so many different products to choose from. I've decided to go with Adam's Polishes based some people I've talked to that actually use the products, including people on this forum, along with my on personal observations from Barrett-Jackson auctions that I went to early this year. I have used the Waterless wash from Adam's and really impressed with how good my Harleys looked afterwards.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
I use AMMO NYC products. Everything is top notch and he takes down products if he is unhappy with their performance. A little pricey compared to Adams, but he also has a great youtube channel with How-To's and explanations of his product design. I wouldn't have gotten into doing my own detailing if it wasnt for his channel so I continue to use his products to show my support.

https://ammonyc.com/

Before AMMO, I used GTechniq ceramic coatings, also with great results!

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's my advice on ceramic coatings. People get upset when I give it, but here it is anyway. I've had 2 kinds of ceramic coating (CQuartz and one other that I can't remember) on my car and I did not find any benefit over a regular hand wash and spray wax. I would advise not spending a lot of money on it. If you are thinking of spending $500+ on ceramic coating alone, I would very highly suggest that you consider paint protection film instead. I've had Xpel on my vehicle for a number of years and it does a fantastic job protecting the finish without getting cloudy or yellowing. Even a partial coverage install will go so much farther than ceramic coating. There are some new do-it-yourself ceramic solutions that probably don't cost so much like the Turtle Wax product which I say would be a better avenue than a professional application.

On my other vehicle my go-to wash is Optimum no-rinse car wash, 2 buckets, Eagle One spray wax, a wash mitt, and some microfiber cloths. No-touch car washes only.

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's my advice on ceramic coatings. People get upset when I give it, but here it is anyway. I've had 2 kinds of ceramic coating (CQuartz and one other that I can't remember) on my car and I did not find any benefit over a regular hand wash and spray wax. I would advise not spending a lot of money on it. If you are thinking of spending $500+ on ceramic coating alone, I would very highly suggest that you consider paint protection film instead. I've had Xpel on my vehicle for a number of years and it does a fantastic job protecting the finish without getting cloudy or yellowing. Even a partial coverage install will go so much farther than ceramic coating. There are some new do-it-yourself ceramic solutions that probably don't cost so much like the Turtle Wax product which I say would be a better avenue than a professional application.

On my other vehicle my go-to wash is Optimum no-rinse car wash, 2 buckets, Eagle One spray wax, a wash mitt, and some microfiber cloths. No-touch car washes only.
I would hate to spend big money only to get a shopping cart ding the next day. Yeah, I think I will do diy here at home, should help keep it looking good.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another question just came to mind. How are you clean your towel/rags after using them? Do you use the Adam's Towel & Pad Revitalizer or something else?
YES, I use the Adam's product you mentioned.
https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ucts/adam-s-microfiber-revitalizer-brightener

The important thing to remember is use ONLY the Revitalizer, no additional soap and NO OTHER items in the washer and a DOUBLE RINSE. Microfiber Towels ONLY no other towels or rags. When drying, again Microfiber towels only and NO DRYER SHEETS.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES, I use the Adam's product you mentioned.
https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ucts/adam-s-microfiber-revitalizer-brightener

The important thing to remember is use ONLY the Revitalizer, no additional soap and NO OTHER items in the washer and a DOUBLE RINSE. and dryer. Microfiber Towels ONLY no other towels or rags. When drying, again Microfiber towels only and NO DRYER SHEETS.
Thanks! I really appreciate the information. I'm going to to toss all my old microfiber towel, they have all seen better days!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I really appreciate the information. I'm going to to toss all my old microfiber towel, they have all seen better days!
To keep from using a lot of Revitalizer on a small load and to get the dirt and stains out, I put all my dirty towels in a bucket with a lid and Revitalizer and water and let them soak. Then when the bucket gets full of towels I dump them in the washer and clean them. Sometimes if the water is dirty, I'll wring the rags out and use fresh Revitalizer. Remember to DOUBLE RINSE. Tell the wife it will not harm her washer!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To keep from using a lot of Revitalizer on a small load and to get the dirt and stains out, I put all my dirty towels in a bucket with a lid and Revitalizer and water and let them soak. Then when the bucket gets full of towels I dump them in the washer and clean them. Sometimes if the water is dirty, I'll wring the rags out and use fresh Revitalizer. Remember to DOUBLE RINSE. Tell the wife it will not harm her washer!
Ok, that's a good tip! I usually just throw my dirty towels in a pile and it can be weeks before they get washed, which is probably why they have retained dirt stains. No worries about the wife, I'm single Pringle, so I get to do my own washing! :)

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I pick my stuff up at Adam’s Polishes in Colorado and get a small discount for in store purchases. Nice, helpful staff and the owner is normally on site.
Sponsored