First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, can someone clue me in on something? When I make a call (wirelessly) while driving, often times there is a menu system requiring a number press. I seem to be unable to press any numbers on the touch display while driving. I have to use the one on my phone. Display says it is disabled. Does anyone know of how to turn off this "feature"?
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol its a distracted driving feature. So no. Im sure theres a forscan hack… honestly though i find it kinda hard to accurately press 10 correct numbers in a row while driving lol so for me its not worth the effort. Hope you find your ‘solution’ though

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You could try voice dialing so you don't have to actually touch the phone to input the numbers. I believe both Apple and Android phones support this.

OP
OP
flashfearless

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could try voice dialing so you don't have to actually touch the phone to input the numbers. I believe both Apple and Android phones support this.
You're not getting the point. I *am* voice dialing say Comcast, but when it says "press 1 for terminating your account", you can't press 1 from the keypad.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're not getting the point. I *am* voice dialing say Comcast, but when it says "press 1 for terminating your account", you can't press 1 from the keypad.
I need to test this. On my Ram I could do it while driving. And just yesterday I called my pharmacy while in the truck and had to make a selection on screen. I just don't remember if I was parked or in motion.

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, can someone clue me in on something? When I make a call (wirelessly) while driving, often times there is a menu system requiring a number press. I seem to be unable to press any numbers on the touch display while driving. I have to use the one on my phone. Display says it is disabled. Does anyone know of how to turn off this "feature"?
The problem is not your vehicle, it's the Comcast ARU that fails to accept voice prompts along with number prompts. Automated attendants can say "Press or Dial One" ; however, Comcast makes it more difficult. You'd be better off waiting until you can access the keyboard for this company.
Ford Maverick Can't Use Number Pad While Driving 1669231971596

OP
OP
flashfearless

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem is not your vehicle, it's the Comcast ARU that fails to accept voice prompts along with number prompts. Automated attendants can say "Press or Dial One" ; however, Comcast makes it more difficult. You'd be better off waiting until you can access the keyboard for this company.
1669231971596.png
I just used them as an example of something everyone would know. I was actually dialling Wegmans Pharmacy and I needed to press 8 in this example. I had to grab my phone and press 8 because the car keypad wouldn't allow it.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt there is a setting to change it. It's apparently a safety feature to help keep them (Ford) from being sued for a distracted driver claim.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know everyone's busy... but man, just pull over for this stuff... and again... I know you all believe you are super at multi-tasking... but man, just pull over for this stuff... and again.... I know you all believe that you are more capable than the average driver.... but man, just pull over for this stuff. Fooling around pushing buttons on your cars screen while listening to phone prompts is as nearly as demanding as texting while driving... you're distracted from the primary task at hand..that is driving and safeguarding yourself and those you share the road with...

re-evaluate these decisions... or some unintended consequence will do it for you..

Werner Herzog documentary.

<steps off soap box ... don't feel like explaining about friends who are paralyzed due to car accidents caused by a distracted driver>

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why on earth are you doing anything like this while driving?

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What if there's a passenger?
Then the passenger presses the button on the actual phone and none of this is an issue. Right? Why would an auto manufacturer assume there is a passenger when doing these types of risk assessments? Do you think "What if there's a passenger?" would be a valid defense in court if Ford was sued over an accident?

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then the passenger presses the button on the actual phone and none of this is an issue. Right? Why would an auto manufacturer assume there is a passenger when doing these types of risk assessments? Do you think "What if there's a passenger?" would be a valid defense in court if Ford was sued over an accident?
I'm not in the habit of handing passengers my phone. Why is Ford liable if someone uses their number pad in an inappropriate way? Why don't cell phone manufacturers lock out the phone while in motion?

It's a silly nanny function.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not in the habit of handing passengers my phone. Why is Ford liable if someone uses their number pad in an inappropriate way? Why don't cell phone manufacturers lock out the phone while in motion?

It's a silly nanny function.
I would hope you aren't in the habit of handing anyone anything while you are driving......

So, it would be fine with you if the phone manufacturer locked out the number pad, but you take offense to Ford locking out the number pad on the infotainment screen? Makes perfect sense! :rolleyes:
Sponsored